BF1 Not the place for Incursion

T2G_Xeravik
0 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
I didn't really know what Incursion was when I got the invite to try it this weekend, but I've liked the previous BF1 expansions enough to jump in and give it a try.

Wow, was I surprised, and slightly confused when I finally got into a match. A blind draft of some premade kits in a 5v5 setting. I instantly thought that this cant be the right game for a 5v5 competitive mode.

There are sooo many better games for this type of competition. If DICE/EA want to come up with an FPS competitive 5v5 game it needs to be something from the ground up, or at the very least, something more unique/niche. If I wanted a game with tactical/close or midrange combat I'd play counterstrike, or rainbow six, or numerous other titles that have been designed around this type of gameplay.

Why cant the battlefield competitive scene be 10 v 10 or 12 v 12. That way you can include all these premade kits and it doesnt feel as silly. Vehicle kits in a 5v5? what? I would much rather have an expansion akin to Close Quarters in Battlefield 3.

Maybe its just personal preference, but I've been an avid battlefield player since BF2, and I dont come to the battlefield series for stuff like Incursion.

Sorry if this isnt really feedback....but it's a suggestion to move on to an expansion or gamemode a MAJORITY of your playerbase would actually enjoy.

Comments

• Gilgane
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Very well said.
  • DEAD1TE
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Well said. Just got done with my first game. I could only use a controller so my perspective may be skewed but... It's just plain boring. And you're right other games just do it better. Why would I play Incursions over Rainbow Six Seige or CSGO?

These games excell at 5v5 close quarters combat.

DICE should be designing a game-mode around 10v10 or 12v12. Better yet a free for all game mode, every squad for itself... four squads. Each attempting to fight over objectives.
  • BaronVonGoon
    4455 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited February 9
    Why play if you don't care for it?

Incursions is coming to Battlefield be it BF1 or BF2018. Deal with it. Its going to huge too. Dedicated YouTube channels, dedicated forum section, ranks from peasant to grand Master. Future forum arguments will be settled based on rank. Its going to glorious.

1381689239T8w54d-i.jpg
  • DEAD1TE
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited February 9

Incursions is coming to Battlefield be it BF1 or BF2018. Deal with it. Its going to huge too. Dedicated YouTube channels, dedicated forum section, ranks from peasant to grand Master. Future forum arguments will be settled based on rank. Its going to glorious.

Your first point is spot on. But the rest is just gibberish.

Why play it if several other games already do it better? Why would anyone invest their time into incursions if Rainbow Six, CSGO, and Overwatch already have that 5v5 close quarters combat mode locked-down? They're vastly superior experiences. People play BF for large-team fights and combined arms.

It's a waste of time IMO. Nobody is going to play this mode. It's not going to be "huge" just like the previous smaller game modes in past BFs weren't huge. At the end of the day all that survives in BF are conquest servers(on PC at-least).

Personally I can't see this ever taking off. BF should play to their strengths. Create a large mode... Hell what would be interesting is a Battle Royale game mode except it's based around squad-play. Each Squad only has access to one of the main classes(assault, medic, support, and recon) one per squad. 64 players... Last squad standing wins.
  • BaronVonGoon
    4455 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    DEAD1TE wrote: »

Why play it if several other games already do it better?

Its not out yet, development stage does not count. So the rest of your post is moot.

P..s. Overwatch is crap. This is coming from someone who played it for 200 hours. Its balanced horribly. Go on their forums. Right now. I was on it earlier today, to see if anything changes since I last touched it 6 months ago. Great game, horrible comp mode. I can supply proof.
  • DEAD1TE
    edited February 9

Its not out yet, development stage does not count. So the rest of your post is moot.

P..s. Overwatch is crap. This is coming from someone who played it for 200 hours. Its balanced horribly. Go on their forums. Right now. I was on it earlier today, to see if anything changes since I last touched it 6 months ago. Great game, horrible comp mode. I can supply proof.

Overwatch is a widely popular shooter. EA execs would absolutely cream themselves if they had that kind of appeal/reach. It's probably orders of magnitude larger population/revenue wise than Battlefield. Your point is moot.

And if the only thing you can refute is that you don't like a single massively popular game(out of the three I mentioned) then I think you shouldn't even bother responding.

The point is BF Incursions is like throwing an RC Cola can into a Coke vending machine. We already have 50 **** flavors of this and the top few already do it better. People only have so much time they can waste on video games. Best to latch onto the Battle Royale train while it's still running IMO especially considering how many people are clamoring for a Frostbyte take on it...
  • BaronVonGoon

Overwatch is a widely popular shooter. EA execs would absolutely cream themselves if they had that kind of appeal/reach. It's probably orders of magnitude larger population/revenue wise than Battlefield. Your point is moot.

And if the only thing you can refute is that you don't like a single massively popular game(out of the three I mentioned) then I think you shouldn't even bother responding.

The point is BF Incursions is like throwing an RC Cola can into a Coke vending machine. We already have 50 **** flavors of this and the top few already do it better. People only have so much time they can waste on video games. Best to latch onto the Battle Royale train while it's still running IMO especially considering how many people are clamoring for a Frostbyte take on it...

No, your point is moot because you claimed that Overwatch is one of the games that 'do it better'. I explained to you Battlefield does not even do 'IT' yet. This is why your point is moot. Furthermore, I explained to you that Overwatch is horribly balanced, you're welcome to check their forums right now, buff this/nerf that is 80% of their threads. Like I said popularity is not the point in contention, its your claim that other games do it better.

Once more, dont like it don't play it.bye.....
  • LOLGotYerTags
    7961 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Moderator
    @DEAD1TE
    Please do not Swear as this is a violation of the Forum Guidelines.

• DEAD1TE

No, your point is moot because you claimed that Overwatch is one of the games that 'do it better'. I explained to you Battlefield does not even do 'IT' yet. This is why your point is moot. Furthermore, I explained to you that Overwatch is horribly balanced, you're welcome to check their forums right now, buff this/nerf that is 80% of their threads. Like I said popularity is not the point in contention, its your claim that other games do it better.

"And if the only thing you can refute is that you don't like a single massively popular game(out of the three I mentioned) then I think you shouldn't even bother responding."
  • BaronVonGoon

"And if the only thing you can refute is that you don't like a single massively popular game(out of the three I mentioned) then I think you shouldn't even bother responding."

Who are you quoting? I don't think you know how quotes work or what they're for.
  • dks01
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Got the invite. Downloaded the content. Spent an hour trying on the various kits in the practice area. Played a couple of games. Won't go back. Absolutely, utterly boring. I won't be playing this if it is ever released and I have been playing every iteration since BF2.
  • Daxtinator15
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Absolutely boring. Battlefield has always been about the massive battles. This is just bland and uneventful.
  • BACKYARDBULLY38
    228 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I enjoyed what few games I have been able to play, I could see few more players added if not I am cool with it. what's up with no crouch?
  • JooceP
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

Why cant the battlefield competitive scene be 10 v 10 or 12 v 12. That way you can include all these premade kits and it doesnt feel as silly. Vehicle kits in a 5v5? what? I would much rather have an expansion akin to Close Quarters in Battlefield 3.

Going to have to agree with this one. Back in the day when bf2 and 8vs8 was standard competitive for the series I was totally hooked. Spend hours and hours with my team-mates polishing the tactics and timings. The pure joy of winning a match together after perfect execution on all areas was the feeling i'v missed since the day bf2 was no longer "the thing".

I now have 10 matches on incursions and yes I did got a bit of that feeling back, but as mention already there are plenty of other titles offering 5vs5 infantry. In a nutshell: uniqueness is missing, but I think we are on a right track. You have my attention!

Thanks!
  • MeetYaMaster
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Never knew of incursion until i got the invite randomly in my mail. I like the idea of it. Every spawn counts. So far though my matches have been dull and one sided. It need's to be 8v8 and the maps need a little more room for flanking especially for tanks.
  • airborne720
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I like incursions it takes some getting used to though. the hints could last longer on the screen though.This mode of play definitely needs good close support team work. Might be better with 8v8 gameplay.
  • Noobi1icious
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I didn't really know what Incursion was when I got the invite to try it this weekend, but I've liked the previous BF1 expansions enough to jump in and give it a try.

Wow, was I surprised, and slightly confused when I finally got into a match. A blind draft of some premade kits in a 5v5 setting. I instantly thought that this cant be the right game for a 5v5 competitive mode.

There are sooo many better games for this type of competition. If DICE/EA want to come up with an FPS competitive 5v5 game it needs to be something from the ground up, or at the very least, something more unique/niche. If I wanted a game with tactical/close or midrange combat I'd play counterstrike, or rainbow six, or numerous other titles that have been designed around this type of gameplay.

Maybe its just personal preference, but I've been an avid battlefield player since BF2, and I dont come to the battlefield series for stuff like Incursion.

Sorry if this isnt really feedback....but it's a suggestion to move on to an expansion or gamemode a MAJORITY of your playerbase would actually enjoy.

LOL well said but maybe EA/Dice are out of ideas and can't come up with anything that isn't the same thing if you know what I mean.
  • Noobi1icious
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I like incursions it takes some getting used to though. the hints could last longer on the screen though.This mode of play definitely needs good close support team work. Might be better with 8v8 gameplay.
    Yeah but getting good team support is 95% of the problem.
  • Psychopski
    116 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited April 22
    Match dynamics and level design for BF Incursions MUST be overhauled and vastly improved in order to give players and squads more strategic and tactical options.

Currently the one and only strategy I see as being viable is an all out sprint for the best camping spots located on the one and only objective. That’s an extremely linear, shortsighted, and unimaginative dynamic and is as poor of a level design as one could imagine. A foot race then playing king of the hill on a lone objective? In 2018? Savvy gamers demand better! Battlefield Veterans demand better!

In addition to giving us more strategic and tactical options, more time and room to maneuver, and just “more” when it comes to Incursions, I’d hope they might think about:

- 10 v 10 and bigger maps. Let’s see more of those classes on the field per team and more room to flank and navigate!

- 2 squads only per team.

- One Controller and one Raid Leader per squad.

- No effing spotting flares.

- No effing proximity alarms.

- Manual spotting only!

- Manual healing only(no passive healing auras via Surgeon perk)

- Manual ammo resupply only. Get rid of the permanent, static ammo crates located on objectives. This add significantly to grenade and gadget spam for the team owning on the objective and takes away from the viability of the classes that drop ammo.

- Bigger maps. Tom Clancy’s Wildlands, Ghosts - 4 v 4 - PVP matches have maps that are 5 to 8 times larger than the Incursion maps. Ghosts PVP is currently infinitely more enjoyable than anything BF Incursions has to offer. In addition because of the larger maps and game dynamics Ghosts offers considerably more strategic and tactical options than the linear, king of the hill dynamic we see with Incursions.

I’m not saying Ghosts is the best ever PVP. I’m simply stating that perhaps DICE might learn a thing or two and build upon some concepts from Ghosts when it comes to larger maps and making Incursions mode of game play a lot more flexible as far as our strategic and tactical options.
    Post edited by Psychopski on