Operations and Operations Campaign dynamic out-of-bounds zones

El_Sid_James
92 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
Have been playing Operations Campaigns and had a thought about how difficult it is for the attacking side to get into the game, and defend caps once they are captured. Especially Galicia. How about, once a cap is taken an out-of-bounds zone(s) for the defending team comes into play, similar to when a sector is captured. The defending team can still get onto the cap zone and capture it back, removing the out-of-bounds zone(s). But it would be harder to reach and easier for the attacking team to defend. Might keep the game flowing a bit. Galicia at the moment is almost a guaranteed loss for the the attackers at the first couple of sectors. At the moment even when the attackers get a cap, defenders can reasonably easily run around the flanks/rear and capture it back. The out-of-bounds zones would have to be that the defenders couldn't simply run through the flank/rear areas, but planes, horses and vehicles could still make it. Been tried before? Would it work?

Galicia-2_zpsf8helzm0.jpg

Galicia-3_zpsghlard2z.jpg

Galicia-1_zpshilwsf3v.jpg

Comments

• Fw-JPhysics
    276 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Thoughtful suggestions, but I think the problem isn't with the operations mode mechanics but rather the open terrain of Galicia and the postions of the capture points. Its a haven for defensive team to camp, making it very difficult for the attacking team. The map design doesn't suit operations mode.
  • El_Sid_James
    92 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The defenders wouldn't be able to camp in the out-of-bounds zones they would have to move out or die. That would make them keep an eye on which cap zones are in the process of being captured and be ready to fall back.
  • Fw-JPhysics
    276 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 14
    Camping comes with the territory, nothing worse than seeing your team play with no intention of winning the round. In my opinion your idea won't change the mindset of these players, they are not in it to win, they will simply sit further back in the map as flags are captured.
    However if you close off all the areas around the captured flags, it would imbalance it the other way giving defenders little chance of recapturing the flag points.
  • El_Sid_James
    Dunno what percentage of players actually try and play the objective in any mode. Have seen attacking teams on Galicia, made up of snipers not even trying to cap :o
  • Fw-JPhysics
    I shall your frustration, it occurs on conquest too but operation mode is far less forgiving :/
  • El_Sid_James
    I suppose there will be more of these Operations Campaigns in the future, which I guess will have all the same issues.