Why do I suddenly need PS Plus to play BF4 online?

Selenasunshine
0 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
So I bought the full game of BF4 for $35 NZD about a week ago and I've been playing multiplayer with no problem. However, today when I went on the game, all the online features have been disabled- Multiplayer, solder and store... It says that in order to use the multiplayer tab, I need PS plus. But I've been playing the multiplayer ever since I bought the game without PS plus and now I suddenly need it in order to keep playing multiplayer? What the hell mate. I did not just buy a full game and bought all these other expansion packs to pay once more to access something that should come with the full game without having to pay Sony again. WTF .-. If I'm being forced to pay for PS Plus, I'd rather not and welp, looks like all my money's gone to waste then and yanno, it's all fine that I've only played this for like, A WEEK?
Someone please explain. Thanks because I'm pretty pissed right now.

Comments

• BaronVonGoon
    5275 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    You always need ps plus for multiplayer games
  • pinkfloyd1173
    106 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Reported for trying to play for free, pay up dude!!!
  • CyberDyme
    90 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It is clearly stated loud and clear that you need PS+ for any online gaming with your PS4!
    I think you always gets 1-2 weeks of free membership in your PS4 purchase package, but you need to pay the subscription fees for continued usage. Btw, it covers all your users in your household that plays on the same console, so its quite reasonable overall!
  • Clarence_6000
    756 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Make another PSN account, 14 day trail..
    Rinse and repeat :p
  • psykosis83
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    This isn't ps3 multiplayer isn't free on ps4 pretty psn has explained this since day 1 of the ps4...Can u play multiplayer for free on xbox....nope..so why woukd.psn be any different same concept bro
  • Nate_A36
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    dude shut up **** go play some clash of clans or something
  • DeathDemon_1992
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Not ALL multiplayer games require PS+. Games that are online ONLY do NOT require PS+. Unfortunately Battlefield requires it but it's a necessary evil I suppose...on the bright side paying for PS+ will increase the cash flow for playstation to continue to better their systems and add new features. It is a required step to blow Xbox and it's terrible systems out of the water
  • cooljohnperez243
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    You always need ps plus for multiplayer games

I guess you were born yesterday, huh Baron ?!? WTFF?!?