Custom populated servers removed from the default server search ?????

ShevermiN
226 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
Well good to see that you fixed the bug that had populated servers appearing in the server browser even if the filters were set to default. Of course this bug saw a huge uptake in the populations of custom servers. Here is Australia where a few of us have been populating a custom HC mixed mode server this was gold. In 2 months we had the server full most nights and a huge influx of new players that had never seen the server before. Custom rented servers with custom setting started to pop up and get crowds. And overall the online numbers for BF1 doubled. Now that it has been fixed, server numbers have halved. Well done you have chased the crowd away again..
Why you have gone back to old settings is confounding ?? You really don't want anyone to play this game do you ?

Now I have been banned from the forums for calling the Dev's stupid, ****, idiots and naive (actually that was a someone who was hosting a server) and I'm not calling them that with this post I'm celebrating this decision because lets face it's summer here in Australia and I don't have as much time to game. In fact i'm off to the Foo Fighters this weekend so no gaming for me.

So thank you DICE Dev's for this fix that will kill off the servers within a months and we can all go back to BBQ ing and fishing. Again I thank you for working soo hard to remove all the online players from this game.

Lets face it it's a cool single player game who need someone to play against.

Comments

• -Antares65z
    633 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited January 17
    Wow! What a joke! It's interesting that they removed them from the browser again. I'm sure that having them show up resulted in new business for them. A lot of new Custom server came on line this past month or so. Hopefully this is just temporary and their experimenting with tweaks/changes to the browser. Hopefully they're trying to resolve issues like the one where the server shows full with 64 and 1 in the que while there are less than 64 on the server. That issue has plagued my server for the last three days now. If I try to do a search based on advanced filter settings in the browser, I can even find my server, while customizing the search parameters to most closely match it. I can find it doing a search on it's name.

My server is up for renewal soon. If it sits empty for the next few days, time to pull the plug. I think you have like 30-60 days to turn it back on, if for some reason they improved things.
  • ShevermiN
    226 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Now this is a new problem, when setting up your server filters you can no longer uncheck the values in the rules tab so you can either search for default 100% or you have to select another value. I have a filter saved will all the rules unchecked so that it shows me default and custom servers. This can no longer be done why ???

This means that servers with modified rule sets are now the hardest servers to find. So for example if you drop the vehicle respawn to 50%, unless the person searching has set there rules setting to 50% as well you don't appear. When you could uncheck all the rules any custom server showed up.

• -Antares65z
    633 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    ShevermiN wrote: »
    Now this is a new problem, when setting up your server filters you can no longer uncheck the values in the rules tab so you can either search for default 100% or you have to select another value. I have a filter saved will all the rules unchecked so that it shows me default and custom servers. This can no longer be done why ???

This means that servers with modified rule sets are now the hardest servers to find. So for example if you drop the vehicle respawn to 50%, unless the person searching has set there rules setting to 50% as well you don't appear. When you could uncheck all the rules any custom server showed up.

I find interesting is that when the custom servers started showing up in the browser, supposedly by accident, EA claimed it was because of a "bug". Which would mean that the browser was designed to not show the custom servers without a ridiculous amount of filter tweaks? Funny how we haven't heard a peep from EA about them since they disappeared again.
  • engapol123
    5 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited February 14
    Yea this is such a shame, I didn't even know there was a regular HC server in Oceania until the December period and it was awesome. Every night it was absolutely packed and someone even setup a another custom HC server which filled up regularly as well. Then once it got 'fixed' I thought it got taken down, couldn't find it all on server browser until I clicked on the 'recent' tab and found it, with much reduced popularity of course.

As if Oceania PC, easily the lowest population server across all platforms, needed this. Nobody plays operations and seeing something what little custom servers we had basically hidden to everyone is just sad, literally the only populated servers are vanilla conquest, no frontlines or anything like that. Idk why they make decisions like this that make people jump through hoops to play the game.