An idea for spawn beacons that promotes teamwork

Lordmang4
2063 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
edited August 2016
I wanted to make a thread so that my spawn beacon idea didn't get lost in another thread.
-
My idea: Spawn beacons can only be used by a Recon's squadmates but NOT by the Recon himself. This makes spawn beacons true teamwork-focused gadgets.
-
True Recons should not mind being unable to use their own spawn beacon, so long as the rest of their squad could make use of it. I suspect that only camping snipers would object to this idea (but we know they aren't using spawn beacons for their squad or for the purposes of teamwork).
-
And in keeping with the era that BF1 takes place in, @owltro has recommended that the spawn beacons be replaced with tents instead (sounds like a good idea to me).

Comments

• owltro
    3356 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    100% support and will be bumping this when necessary. :)
  • rock1obsta
    3791 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2016
    Lol.....I see you took owltro's advice. Good call.
  • Lordmang4
    2063 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    This proposed solution is simplicity itself and solves the issue regarding spawn beacons and teamwork.
    -
    True Recons (e.g. @Loqtrall ) can use these spawn beacons to great effect.
  • rock1obsta
    3791 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Lordmang4 wrote: »
    This proposed solution is simplicity itself and solves the issue regarding spawn beacons and teamwork.
    -
    True Recons (e.g. @Loqtrall ) can use these spawn beacons to great effect.

Especially if he's hiding em like stated in the other thread.
  • Lordmang4
    Exactly.
    -
    True Recons will now truly serve as recon forces and harass the enemy deep behind enemy lines (as opposed to camping and sniping miles away from the battlefield).
  • owltro
    3356 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    What do you propose for the spawn beacon itself? A tent?
  • Lordmang4
    owltro wrote: »

Good question. I admire your creativity and resourcefulness and leave that to you to propose.
  • owltro

Good question. I admire your creativity and resourcefulness and leave that to you to propose.
    If we're being creative... I say spawn pigeons!

Realistically, I think spawn tents are the best option.
  • Lordmang4

That sounds like a good idea. I'll add it to my original post then.
  • owltro
    edited August 2016

But keep it as a sideline because the main point here is HOW spawn beacons should be. Let's leave the "what" for its own dedicated post. :)

edit: seems good, the way you placed it!
  • rock1obsta
    A tent. Kinda cool.
  • Lordmang4
    rock1obsta wrote: »
    A tent. Kinda cool.

I would love to see the animation of a Recon setting up a "spawn beacon" tent. I think it would be cool as well.
    -
    Great idea, @owltro .
  • CrazyHorseHaka
    365 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Recon beacons should be little 3 man bunkers with protective concert top. back door and forward is the bunkers line of sight outwards.
  • SecondAmendmnt
    308 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    OP, your proposal takes away from the casual theme that you've always supported. Why you do this?
  • pmdino
    49 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I think there should be spawn UAVs. Like a little blimp in the sky.
  • mmarkweII
    2919 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    pmdino wrote: »
    I think there should be spawn UAVs. Like a little blimp in the sky.

Interesting.

But keep it as a sideline because the main point here is HOW spawn beacons should be. Let's leave the "what" for its own dedicated post. :)

edit: seems good, the way you placed it!

Wasn't the "spawn beacon" a shovel or something like that in a previous battlefield? I can't remember.
  • snakeheadinvade
    2659 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I wanted to make a thread so that my spawn beacon idea didn't get lost in another thread.
    -
    My idea: Spawn beacons can only be used by a Recon's squadmates but NOT by the Recon himself. This makes spawn beacons true teamwork-focused gadgets.
    -
    True Recons should not mind being unable to use their own spawn beacon, so long as the rest of their squad could make use of it. I suspect that only camping snipers would object to this idea (but we know they aren't using spawn beacons for their squad or for the purposes of teamwork).
    -
    And in keeping with the era that BF1 takes place in, @owltro has recommended that the spawn beacons be replaced with tents instead (sounds like a good idea to me).

All though your idea is good on paper. I'm the type of recon to stay at around 100 meters from an objective which for some reason people seem to think that means I'm miles away even though I'm like right next to the objective.
    Your idea would make beacons appear ON an objective which is not a good hiding spot for a beacon you want the beacon to be close, but not so close it gets spotted easily.
    I always try to keep my beacons at a fair distance even when I'm using carbines because beacons are harder to spot further away. So I would suggest a different idea what if you could only place beacons with in 120 meters from an objective? If you are any further it will become red zoned to where your not allowed to place it.
  • Lordmang4
    My idea doesn't prevent you from deploying a spawn beacon anywhere on the map.
    -
    My idea simply prevents you from using the beacon yourself. However, your squad and teammates are able to use the beacon.
  • mmarkweII
    2919 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    -
    My idea simply prevents you from using the beacon yourself. However, your squad and teammates are able to use the beacon.

Or, make it so only the squad leader can spawn on it, leaving the rest of the squad left to spawn on squad leader, increasing the chance for teamwork.
  • Trokey66
    8176 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    mmarkweII wrote: »
    -

Or, make it so only the squad leader can spawn on it, leaving the rest of the squad left to spawn on squad leader, increasing the chance for teamwork.

Now this makes more sense.