Long **** loading time?

RitzierDevotee
0 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
This game for me takes around 5-10 minutes to load, to a point where the games are almost over by the time I get in. This is really annoying and BF3 never did this. My system specs:
Intel Core i5 4690k @4.5GHz
AMD Fury (Non-X)
16GB 1866MHz Corsair Vengeance DDR3
Corsair CX600
CPU is cooled using a 1st generation Corsair H100i
I use a 960GB Intel SSD
(Origin, Steam, all games and operating system are installed on the SSD)
People say that an SSD is the solution to horrible loading screen times, but obviously it isn't. My network is ok as well, I use symmetric DSL carried by SuddenLink Communications (up and down speeds are the same. On a day with moderate traffic I should get from 7-14MB/ps up and down speeds.)
Anyone got any ideas? Willing to try most anything.
Also, the game crashes on the loading screens.

Comments

• Morph2o
    175 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    the loading times are to do with your drives, not you net connection
    5-10 mins are hdd times, should be way quicker with an ssd
    do you have the drive partitioned?
    ideally you want your operating system and games on separate drives
  • RustedRoot
    2707 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Morph2o wrote: »

Absolutely WRONG. When I ran the game on a standard HDD, load times were less than a minute. Something else is going on with the OP.
  • Morph2o
    175 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited August 2016
    RustedRoot wrote: »
    Morph2o wrote: »

Absolutely WRONG. When I ran the game on a standard HDD, load times were less than a minute. Something else is going on with the OP.

i never said i was right lol
    he was looking for thing's to try
    i only gave a suggestion
    i used to play on a 1.5Mb connection and that didn't effect my load times

maybe it would help if you gave him some too?
  • RustedRoot
    edited August 2016
    Repair Game
    Disable Origin In Game
    Disable Origin Cloud Storage
    Delete BF4 settings folder in your Documents>>Battlefield 4 folder

If none of that helps, then you likely have something running on your PC that is causing the issue. I'm amazed at some of the junkware I see on people's computers these days.

Also, having your games and OS on same drive will not cause issues. I run everything on my SSD and my load times from the time I click Join Game to being able to play are less than a minute.
  • spitfiresiemion
    476 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2016
    HDD is capable of having you stuck with that time though... hell, such loading times are the norm for me on some maps (Shanghai and Paracel in particular). Generally there is a connection between map and loading time... for example Silk Road and Lost Islands are really fast, I even sometimes load the former faster than some SSD users.
  • zornyan
    150 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I have the same issue as the op.

loading screens are LOOONG, 5820k cpu, 32gb ram, decent Internet with low ping etc, games on a Samsung evo SSD. fresh install of windows 10 a week ago so no bloatware etc.
  • RustedRoot
    You have a slightly better system than me and I never have experienced long load times when playing this game, ever. You've got something going on with your PC, internet, region or something.
  • zornyan
    150 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    You have a slightly better system than me and I never have experienced long load times when playing this game, ever. You've got something going on with your PC, internet, region or something.

Most of my pc is under 6 months old, I can play ANY other game and it boots nearly instantly, regardless if it's offline or online. my Internet has a stable 50ms ping. and i'm in England connecting to European servers with a sub 50ms ping time.

it's not my PC, if it was I wouldn't be able to play absolutely anything perfectly would I? I can play other games whilst having multiple APPs and programs running faster than it takes bf4 loading screens
  • RustedRoot
    Well, no offense, but you are in the minority here. If this were a common issue, these forums would be flooded with topics similar to this one.

Have you tried the above things I suggested earlier in this topic?
  • zornyan
    Well, no offense, but you are in the minority here. If this were a common issue, these forums would be flooded with topics similar to this one.

Have you tried the above things I suggested earlier in this topic?

The only thing I haven't done is stop the origin background process. like I said this is basically a fresh install still.

here's what happens

load up 64 bit version
    browse servers
    pick server, get little blue bar at bottom saying loading
    after 30 seconds, game opens

sit in loading screen for 3-5mins. game plays perfectly.

the only odd thing is the longer I stay on a server, the better it gets, when staying on the same server for over an hour, the loading screen between map loads is approx 30 seconds to 1 minute. it's only the first loading, or the first couple of map changes I get this extremely long loading screen.
  • RustedRoot
    Hang on....64bit version of what? Browser? Don't.

Have you tried different browsers? Edge, Chrome, Firefox, IE?

The game works for me in all 4 of those browsers.
  • zornyan
    Hang on....64bit version of what? Browser? Don't.

Have you tried different browsers? Edge, Chrome, Firefox, IE?

The game works for me in all 4 of those browsers.

Just the game? after installing I had 2 shortcuts to open up the browser/menu. regular and 64 bit. so I run the 64 bit version, don't seem to make a difference tbh?
  • RustedRoot
    When I installed BF, about 4 times now after reformatting twice a year, it never put a shortcut on my desktop. I always launch the game using the browser.

Try a different browser. Don't use 64bit.
  • Batista1887
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    why dont they just launch the game from origin. The website is basically just to make us wait for too long. and my pc can launch bf1 in no time. This site sucks
  • RustedRoot
    ^
    1. This is the BF4 forums, not BF1.
    2. 2. You just replied to an almost 2 year old topic.

NECRO!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!