K bullets need to do more damage to cavalry

b2tchwood
1073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Whenever a cavalry sees a scout player you can here them laughing screaming hi ho silver away. There’s just very little you can do to them except perform a bullfighter dodge fest whilst putting most of your SR clip into them.

The k bullet attachment should offer more than a small increase in damage with its low reload time and low reload time and clip count.

Comments

• AngelofMirth1
    137 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Sounds very reasonable..make the K bullets a more viable option.
  • BaronVonGoon
    7017 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2018
    OT: Does the cavalry guy count as an elite, for the purposes of 3 kills on elites for the 'cover' specialization assignment?
  • PackersDK
    820 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    If it is for hits on the rider, then I’m 100% behind it. K-bullits should go through that cuirrasier armour like knife through butter.

• Trokey66
    8797 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This brings up an interesting thought....

Are Cavalry essentially 2 targets - horse and rider?

Are your shots being 'split' between the 2?

Certainly K Bullets should significantly damage the horse but if you then hit the rider.....

Assuming that they count as 1 target or you only hit 1 then yes, a K bullet damage buff would be OK.
  • b2tchwood
    1073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »

Certainly K Bullets should significantly damage the horse but if you then hit the rider.....

Assuming that they count as 1 target or you only hit 1 then yes, a K bullet damage buff would be OK.

It’s an odd on because kill the horse kill the rider like a vehicle but obvs not the other way round so they must be separate.

K bullets are vehicle related so they should certainly damage the horse more as it does count as a vehicle.
    OT: Does the cavalry guy count as an elite, for the purposes of 3 kills on elites for the 'cover' specialization assignment?

I’m not sure about the assignment but my guess would be yes. Also brings about the point that should k bullets do more damage to elites. At present it’s like (from memory, might be off) 12 for regular and 16 for a k bullet, I’d like to see it buffed to 24 so it takes 5 bullets to kill rather than 7, I think that’s a fair compromise ESP with the reload time, pls try if opportunity to get to cover.

However, there is the multiplier to consider.... I Don’t think k bullets should have one if I’m honest. You should have to consider what bullet to use at what range.
  • PackersDK
    820 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

I’m pretty sure you get different points up on the screen for rider/horse damage. So they are 2 different targets.

If there should be a buff on k-bullits against cavalry, it should be on the rider. It is after all him, who is armoured. The horse is too big a target, and would render the cavalry almost useless. It’s already (rightly so) nerfed dismounted.

• GuN_sLiNgErXD15
    475 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yes horse and rider have separate health counts and resistances.
    I recently headshoted a cav rider for 83 with a standard lebel sniper round and I’ve landed 40-50 body shot, could be a glitch though.
    Never tried with a k bullet, found the obrez to be pretty damn effective providing you’re a good matador.
  • b2tchwood
    Yes horse and rider have separate health counts and resistances.
    I recently headshoted a cav rider for 83 with a standard lebel sniper round and I’ve landed 40-50 body shot, could be a glitch though.
    Never tried with a k bullet, found the obrez to be pretty damn effective providing you’re a good matador.

That’s when you get them in the sweet spot,. This is why I said that the k bullet should not have a sweet spot the bullet should be a choice.
  • Trokey66
    8797 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    PackersDK wrote: »

I’m pretty sure you get different points up on the screen for rider/horse damage. So they are 2 different targets.

If there should be a buff on k-bullits against cavalry, it should be on the rider. It is after all him, who is armoured. The horse is too big a target, and would render the cavalry almost useless. It’s already (rightly so) nerfed dismounted.

Disagree slightly.

K Bullets being Anti Vehicle, it should be against the horse.

That said, if cavalry are considered elites then OK.
  • i40ozz
    222 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Cavalry aren't considered Elites, it's a vehicle class.

If you want to kill Cavalry as Scout , put down 2 HE tripwires. This is not rocket science.

The Cav has been nerfed enough, the last thing it needs is more K bullet damage.
  • Tullzter
    1214 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    the rider is not elite but that Horse is definitely Elite ++
  • Gforce81
    3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Guys, this is already a thing? Have you not shot at Cavalry with K's before?

Not that Cavalry needs anything to be more effective against it, but K's are great on enemy Cavs

Just like with enemy elite troopers, the K bullets DO punch through the armor; and give you more damage than a normal body-shot.

Now, you're not gonna get the full 60-80 damage from 1 K bullet. That would be crazy OP. But damage in the 35-40 range with every K bullet shot already happens.

Just load 3 bullets and if you aim carefully and land them all, its toast-Cav time.
  • DankDope99
    541 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    In my experience the regular bullets work just fine, you just need a little more accuracy.

Had a little battle with a cav rider on sinai at G flag. He must have circled me 15 times while I'm peppering him with rounds. He then runs off to heal and comes back to get headshotted.

Most cav riders don't know what they're doing so don't be intimidated when you're up against one
  • kampkaos_420_
    2675 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    b2tchwood wrote: »
    Whenever a cavalry sees a scout player you can here them laughing screaming hi ho silver away. There’s just very little you can do to them except perform a bullfighter dodge fest whilst putting most of your SR clip into them.

The k bullet attachment should offer more than a small increase in damage with its low reload time and low reload time and clip count.

Nowadays calvary die pretty quick as it is.
    quit shooting at me :s
  • b2tchwood
    edited January 2018
    You only get high damage on cavs if they are in the sweet spot in my experience, I don’t think I typically see this 35-40 range quoted.... my experience is similar damage to elites which lie in the 14-16 range. I think I’ll do some proper testing on this when I get a chance.

@kampkaos_420_ sorry bro
  • Trokey66
    You only get high damage on cavs if they are in the sweet spot in my experience, I don’t think I typically see this 35-40 range quoted.... my experience is similar damage to elites which lie in the 14-16 range. I think I’ll do some proper testing on this when I get a chance.

@kampkaos_420_ sorry bro

If.you need a 'victim', give me a shout.
  • blindsniper63
    2453 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You can kill the rider with the syringe , instant kill.
  • MightySandals
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Cavalry are easiest to kill with the Scout class...HE tripwires. Lure them in and watch them fly. Just make sure to call out for ammo.
  • Mxzplty
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2018
    Regarding the cover assignment with K-bullets, I shot 1 of the support class mortars and got a vehicle kill some weeks ago, as I already had the assignment finished I didnt think much of it, but it does sound a bit odd, dont it?

Can anyone confirm that they count as vehicles?

Makes the assignment a walk in the park...
  • b2tchwood

@kampkaos_420_ sorry bro

If.you need a 'victim', give me a shout.

@Trokey66 always the gentleman!! <3