DirectX Error (solved)

Robert_Din3ro
30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
edited February 2018
Hello. Suddenly in a multiplayer server the image freezes forcing me to press control+alt+del and then I find this error in windows:

"DirectX function 'Dx11Renderer::tryMap' failed with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED (The video card has been physically removed from the system or a driver upgrade for the video card has ocurred)..."

Specs

Ryzen 1600 (stock)
16 Gb Corsair Lpx 3000 (@2933)
RX 580 8gb

I have 20 hours played since I bought the game and it never gave me problems until now, I have not changed drivers or anything. Any suggestions?
Post edited by Robert_Din3ro on

Comments

• Tom_Sp4nks
    83 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    same happened to me 15 minutes ago ; and i have a 980Ti.....i see that today nvidia releaded a new driver ; i updated it now but in a good old EA&Dice fashion i can not go online in BF1...FFS!
  • VonZip1
    19 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    servers disconnected while in game now says cant connect to servers even after restarting....wth
  • lI_BIG_DADDY_Il
    169 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2018
    Happened to me and was an overheat problem with my GPU (so check your temps)........... but this is only one of the reasons - for others it is a corrupted driver file issue and removing the Nvidia drivers with DDU driver-uninstaller and then re-installing the driver might fix it.

But take your pick when reading below = as you can see it is a welknown issue:

https://www.google.dk/search?q="DirectX+function+'Dx11Renderer::tryMap'+failed+with+DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED+(The+video+card+has+been+physically+removed+from+the+system+or+a+driver+upgrade+for+the+video+card+has+ocurred).&oq=%22DirectX+function+%27Dx11Renderer%3A%3AtryMap%27+failed+with+DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED+(The+video+card+has+been+physically+removed+from+the+system+or+a+driver+upgrade+for+the+video+card+has+ocurred).&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

PS:
    I read through these solutions and thats how I found out it was temperature related for me = which was driving me nuts as I could play Attila no problem (but BF1 generated higher temps)
    http://www.accelerated-ideas.com/news/battlefield-1-directx-errors-and-solutions.aspx
  • D5RAT
    1994 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2018
    its a problem with BF1 ... any new AMD drivers after November cause crashes ..17.7.2 is solid for me ,its not Temps ,its not windows . believe me I have done extensive testing and I know exactly the program that causes it ...
  • Knuckl3_Dragger
    919 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    D5RAT wrote: »
    its a problem with BF1 ... any new AMD drivers after November cause crashes ..17.7.2 is solid for me ,its not Temps ,its not windows . believe me I have done extensive testing and I know exactly the program that causes it ...

Same here, anything above 17.7.2 causes RSOD for me (R9 390x)
  • Kajjal
    822 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I use 17.1.1 and find the same with the newer drivers crashing out. Only in BF1 and only with newer GPU driver.
  • Robert_Din3ro
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

Thanks I'll try those 17.7.2 and see. As a curious fact I wanted to comment that during the 20 hours that I played in multiplayer without a single error I always had the vsync on and the problem appeared a few days ago that I play with sync off (recommended by a friend who told me to turn it off for multiplayer).Did you check this in your tests?
  • D5RAT
    1994 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Thanks I'll try those 17.7.2 and see. As a curious fact I wanted to comment that during the 20 hours that I played in multiplayer without a single error I always had the vsync on and the problem appeared a few days ago that I play with sync off (recommended by a friend who told me to turn it off for multiplayer).Did you check this in your tests?

I never play with vsync on but I did discover no DX errors in DX12 or windowed borderless mode on any of the newer drivers

• Robert_Din3ro
    Well, I've been playing every day since then and not a single directx error. In case anyone needs it, I simply repaired the game in Origin and installed Crimson drivers 17.11.1.
  • Cr4ggles
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I had this problem for over a month, between getting the Win 10 Creators Update, Turning Tides coming out, and AMD releasing new drivers. It was sometimes every 5 min, sometimes not for a whole day.

I tried EVERYTHING. Multiple DDU clean reinstalls, registry hacks, pretty much every single "fix" I could find anywhere on the internet.

Now it doesn't happen anymore. No idea why. Seemed to coincide with the latest 18.X.X drivers coming out.
  • D5RAT
    Cr4ggles wrote: »
    I had this problem for over a month, between getting the Win 10 Creators Update, Turning Tides coming out, and AMD releasing new drivers. It was sometimes every 5 min, sometimes not for a whole day.

I tried EVERYTHING. Multiple DDU clean reinstalls, registry hacks, pretty much every single "fix" I could find anywhere on the internet.

Now it doesn't happen anymore. No idea why. Seemed to coincide with the latest 18.X.X drivers coming out.

I found 18.1.2 was ok but I experienced a red screen so went back to solid 17.7.2 ,going to try 18.2.2 tonight
  • GrIbI_23
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I found that if you downclock the GPU, you will no longer have the DirectX error. I found out from this video and it worked for me at least
  • EdwinSpangler
    1710 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    GrIbI_23 wrote: »
    I found that if you downclock the GPU, you will no longer have the DirectX error. I found out from this video and it worked for me at least

I hate to be this guy but this is a really old topic. The issue still exists but theres nothing anyone can do about it. Nobody really knows whats causing it.. I hate to rain on your parade but the issue will present itself to you again sooner or later..