Servers displaying false player count in battlelog server browser

n0obkilla
88 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
It is quite clear that someone has figured out a way to alter the player count that is displayed for their server on battlelog. As we can't name a shame I cannot say who but there is a particular community that have 10 servers of which 9 are running a script which alters how many players are shown to be in the server. When you actually click on server and look at the list of people playing it is often a lot less or none at all. This is misleading for the general BF4 player and is giving them an unfair advantage of populating their servers. EA support was willing to do nothing about this and said post about it on the forums. This is clearly against the terms of service but what is being done about it?

Comments

• DIRTYGreeny
    676 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    edited January 2018
    The forums here are already aware of this as there is already a number of threads regarding the issue. Better battlelog with a plugin can be used to get true player counts.
    I assume though that the true fix will come in time but how long, who knows.
    I have chosen to wait and just simply move on if I find a server like this.
  • Wicc0
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    What DIRTYGreeny said.

Also it is not really Battelog...
    It is mostly Servers with blocked "VIP Slots". Since the VIP Slots are blocked they are shown as occupied slots.
  • n0obkilla
    88 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I wasn't aware you could actually block a VIP slot, but surely if it were servers using blocked VIP slots then people wouldn't be able to actually join to fill up those slots?