The DLC maps NEED to be free!

PotatoKilr
15 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Nobody plays on the DLC maps because hardly anyone has them! There's really no point in buying the DLCs if there's nothing to do with them. They don't have to make the entire DLCs free, they just need to make the maps free in a forced update.

Show your support! Comment on what you think!

Comments

• GuitarDevi_cdrd
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    C'mon EA release Brwian...I mean the DLC MAPS......They fuggen Rule & need to be opened UP....I miss the Precinct & Costal Map....the Shipyard map was cool as well....I'm crossing my fingers...
  • Sonic5745
    380 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I definitely agree. But I'm 99% certain that the DLC maps will not be made for free, which is foolish. I believe the Premium for Hardline is still full price or close to it, yet over half of the content in it (DLC maps and vehicles) cannot be accessed unless you just want to go to an empty server. The same thing happens to other DLCs of past Battlefield games. It's what happens when DLC like this is behind a paywall. They always seem to eventually die and never get given away for free when they do.

I liked several of the DLC maps (with maybe 2-3 I don't enjoy much). Code Blue, The Beat, Precinct 7, Museum, The Docks, Pacific Highway, Train Dodge, Chinatown, Thin Ice, and Alcatraz were all some of the most fun DLC maps that I've played in a Battlefield title. The funny thing is that I just listed the majority of Hardline's DLC maps. That's a good thing, and it's a shame that these maps only pop up in the server browser with numerous other players maybe once a month if I'm lucky.
  • Nejcooooo
    65 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Hopefully like last year, they will make DLCs free again for a week.
  • gateway327
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I am permium member, I paid for it, but I would be happy if they allowed it to be those maps. More players would come back and it be more fun killing on those maps!!!!1
  • RP__54_t4r5427h
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I vote yes on this. You can't tell me you wouldn't join a full server playing 'Museum' or 'Alcatraz' or maybe 'Train Dodge' or 'Double Cross'. On the other hand, even if the maps were free, would people really come and play Hardline? This game got stomped on by BF4 elitists because........well there's no good reason. It just did, and it's reputation took a massive hit, which was very unfortunate because BFHL is a well executed FPS...even with those scum sucking snipers everywhere. It's a solid game built for extremely intelligent and thoughtful players. Unlike BF4......hipster gar.
  • HCAR_HCAR_HCAR
    110 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    lol there is no more support for this game, and the last thing EA would ever do is give anything away for free.
  • RajeeMama007
    9 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline Member
    edited April 16
    I vote yes on this. You can't tell me you wouldn't join a full server playing 'Museum' or 'Alcatraz' or maybe 'Train Dodge' or 'Double Cross'. On the other hand, even if the maps were free, would people really come and play Hardline? This game got stomped on by BF4 elitists because........well there's no good reason. It just did, and it's reputation took a massive hit, which was very unfortunate because BFHL is a well executed FPS...even with those scum sucking snipers everywhere. It's a solid game built for extremely intelligent and thoughtful players. Unlike BF4......hipster gar.

I'm a Premium member but I would also vote yes on this. I sometimes browse through the servers & notice that players were only on the default maps. No one was playing on the expansion maps. The only reason preventing them from playing on them is because they are being asked to buy the expansions to play on them. So...if the expansions are made free then everyone can play & I'm all for that to happen. I believe that if all the DLC were made free, people would most likely play on the non-default maps. More players = more fun :smile:

With regards to the game being "stomped" - Yeah, even many of the game reviewers on the net gave BFHL a bashing. I think everyone was expecting it to be another Battlefield type of game (military setup). I'm not one to play Battlefield games. That's maybe because I know that I would stand almost no chance against those "elitists" lol. But when I checked out what BFHL was about, I decided to give it a shot as it offered something kinda different. I can tell you that I've been playing the game for a short time now but I've been loving it to bits :)

Post edited by RajeeMama007 on