The DLC maps NEED to be free!

PotatoKilr
16 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Nobody plays on the DLC maps because hardly anyone has them! There's really no point in buying the DLCs if there's nothing to do with them. They don't have to make the entire DLCs free, they just need to make the maps free in a forced update.

Show your support! Comment on what you think!

Comments

• GuitarDevi_cdrd
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    C'mon EA release Brwian...I mean the DLC MAPS......They fuggen Rule & need to be opened UP....I miss the Precinct & Costal Map....the Shipyard map was cool as well....I'm crossing my fingers...
  • Sonic5745
    403 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I definitely agree. But I'm 99% certain that the DLC maps will not be made for free, which is foolish. I believe the Premium for Hardline is still full price or close to it, yet over half of the content in it (DLC maps and vehicles) cannot be accessed unless you just want to go to an empty server. The same thing happens to other DLCs of past Battlefield games. It's what happens when DLC like this is behind a paywall. They always seem to eventually die and never get given away for free when they do.

I liked several of the DLC maps (with maybe 2-3 I don't enjoy much). Code Blue, The Beat, Precinct 7, Museum, The Docks, Pacific Highway, Train Dodge, Chinatown, Thin Ice, and Alcatraz were all some of the most fun DLC maps that I've played in a Battlefield title. The funny thing is that I just listed the majority of Hardline's DLC maps. That's a good thing, and it's a shame that these maps only pop up in the server browser with numerous other players maybe once a month if I'm lucky.
  • Nejcooooo
    84 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Hopefully like last year, they will make DLCs free again for a week.
  • gateway327
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I am permium member, I paid for it, but I would be happy if they allowed it to be those maps. More players would come back and it be more fun killing on those maps!!!!1
  • RP__54_t4r5427h
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I vote yes on this. You can't tell me you wouldn't join a full server playing 'Museum' or 'Alcatraz' or maybe 'Train Dodge' or 'Double Cross'. On the other hand, even if the maps were free, would people really come and play Hardline? This game got stomped on by BF4 elitists because........well there's no good reason. It just did, and it's reputation took a massive hit, which was very unfortunate because BFHL is a well executed FPS...even with those scum sucking snipers everywhere. It's a solid game built for extremely intelligent and thoughtful players. Unlike BF4......hipster gar.
  • HCAR_HCAR_HCAR
    110 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    lol there is no more support for this game, and the last thing EA would ever do is give anything away for free.
  • RajeeMama007
    29 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline Member
    edited April 16
    I vote yes on this. You can't tell me you wouldn't join a full server playing 'Museum' or 'Alcatraz' or maybe 'Train Dodge' or 'Double Cross'. On the other hand, even if the maps were free, would people really come and play Hardline? This game got stomped on by BF4 elitists because........well there's no good reason. It just did, and it's reputation took a massive hit, which was very unfortunate because BFHL is a well executed FPS...even with those scum sucking snipers everywhere. It's a solid game built for extremely intelligent and thoughtful players. Unlike BF4......hipster gar.

I'm a Premium member but I would also vote yes on this. I sometimes browse through the servers & notice that players were only on the default maps. No one was playing on the expansion maps. The only reason preventing them from playing on them is because they are being asked to buy the expansions to play on them. So...if the expansions are made free then everyone can play & I'm all for that to happen. I believe that if all the DLC were made free, people would most likely play on the non-default maps. More players = more fun :smile:

With regards to the game being "stomped" - Yeah, even many of the game reviewers on the net gave BFHL a bashing. I think everyone was expecting it to be another Battlefield type of game (military setup). I'm not one to play Battlefield games. That's maybe because I know that I would stand almost no chance against those "elitists" lol. But when I checked out what BFHL was about, I decided to give it a shot as it offered something kinda different. I can tell you that I've been playing the game for a short time now but I've been loving it to bits :)

Post edited by RajeeMama007 on
  • PotatoKilr
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yesterday I tried getting the "Gator Rassler" Patch/Achievement on the DLC map "Break Pointe," and I was able to get into the secret room by destroying all 13 toilets, but when I tried to interact with the dinosaur statue, I didn't get the patch or achievement, just because I wasn't in a full match. Apparently you need at least 4 players to get it. If you're wondering why the patch is important, it's because there is another easter egg on the everglades map that you can activate when you have the gator rassler patch equipped: Knife 4 skinned rabbits around the map, then lay them down by the water as "bait," wait a few seconds, an alligator will come up to you, and it will say "Press X to pick up Chompi." Chompi is a handheld alligator melee weapon.
  • SilverJackal143
    176 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    They should do for hardline. What they did for titanfall OG.
    Make all the dlc free forever.
  • RajeeMama007
    29 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline Member
    They should do for hardline. What they did for titanfall OG.
    Make all the dlc free forever.

They "should" but do you think they WOULD! I fully understand that DLCs are there to make money for the company. But then again, how many more players would one see purchasing the DLCs now, considering many of them who wanted to, already have. I personally don't think the players that have already purchased the DLCs would even mind or create a fuss if the DLCs became free because let's face it...the game has been around for over 3 years now! It is my view that many players have already had their fair share of entertainment with it & wouldn't mind if more players joined in to add more life & fun to the game.

You have MY vote. "Make all the dlc free forever.". :)
  • JAREDUP
    185 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I agree
  • DrVeloxcity
    173 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I agree. They do not have to make the DLC's free, but please at least just include the DLC Maps into the regular vanilla map rotation! Please EA/DICE!
    Help this game out!
  • COB510
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Hopefully they make all the DLC free once again. I recently bought the Xbox One version of BFH after mainly playing it on PS4 and I came to the sad realization that I never redeemed them when they for free (for the XB1). Please EA make BFH dlc free again!