HATE conquest assault

Adman_Tor
1314 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I wish DICE would have made the two Conquest Assault maps as regular conquest maps. Absolutely hate the game mode. But I expect they tried the maps as regular conquest but the map design is so bad they couldn't make it work. Thoughts?

Comments

• INCUBA3E-BF
    1944 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Dice can't balance maps, so easier to do this
  • Tullzter
    732 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Adman_Tor wrote: »
    I wish DICE would have made the two Conquest Assault maps as regular conquest maps. Absolutely hate the game mode. But I expect they tried the maps as regular conquest but the map design is so bad they couldn't make it work. Thoughts?

I can understand the need to have such a game mode, it's pretty interesting on paper to have a defending and an attacking. but the maps themselves are highly unbalanced. Conquest Assault on Cape Helles is almost impossible to win as attacking no matter the amount of hardware you dispose. Defending is easy, you don't need that much coordination to defend a space you already have, however to attack without any coordination is stupid, everyone is running left and right with no real purpose and that's why the Attacking dynamic rarely works.
    Plus once you have that inflitrator kit on the defending side, then it's game over
  • Adman_Tor
    1314 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They should at least have BOTH game modes as an option. When I select Conquest I expect to play conquest and not conquest ASSault.
  • WetFishDB
    1695 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Tullzter wrote: »

I can understand the need to have such a game mode, it's pretty interesting on paper to have a defending and an attacking. but the maps themselves are highly unbalanced. Conquest Assault on Cape Helles is almost impossible to win as attacking no matter the amount of hardware you dispose. Defending is easy, you don't need that much coordination to defend a space you already have, however to attack without any coordination is stupid, everyone is running left and right with no real purpose and that's why the Attacking dynamic rarely works.
    Plus once you have that inflitrator kit on the defending side, then it's game over

Let me first off say that I too really dislike the mode - and don't know why its intermingled with Conquest games, as it is a completely different mode.

Whilst they are definitely imbalanced, neither are almost impossible to win. They are hard, for sure, and as an attacker the games are always much closer than when I'm defending.

The trick to winning seems to be to capture the flags furthest from your spawn, using the boats as mobile deploy points etc. Push down from the hill and try to maintain a front-line (i.e. don't lose the flags behind you). Hopefully the other blueberry's can take A/B fairly easily given how close they can always spawn there, which means the defenders get trapped in the middle being attacked from multiple directions. I've never managed to trigger the mercy condition (when the enemy can no longer spawn), but I've got close once or twice.

Infiltrator kit isn't that game changing. Given how open the map is between the points, they rarely last that long on the map.

• mudcruiser
    77 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Just adding cq assault not for me either. I play bf for regular cq so looks like bf is moving in another direction. :(
  • olarvlad
    123 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I hate the new weapon balance :s :s
  • Adman_Tor
    edited February 2018
    olarvlad wrote: »

Makes LMG's completely useless for running and gunning. You have to stand perfectly still if you want to hit something. Then you get shot in the head.
  • olarvlad
    123 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It’s a crap balance medics hitting like trucks and the LMG is the new sniper
  • DankDope99
    541 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Makes LMG's completely useless for running and gunning. You have to stand perfectly still if you want to hit something. Then you get shot in the head.

Well considering the weight of every gun in the class it's not very realistic to run around with a perino popping off shots as if it were an SMG

No, the game isn't entirely realistic but imo it was less realistic before they rebalanced. I don't mind the changes
  • Godhates1234
    406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2018
    DankDope99 wrote: »

Well considering the weight of every gun in the class it's not very realistic to run around with a perino popping off shots as if it were an SMG

No, the game isn't entirely realistic but imo it was less realistic before they rebalanced. I don't mind the changes

The automatico can kill from long distance. Thats not what a smg should do . I got killed many times like this. And the LMG'S are only usefull if bipod in use.
  • DankDope99
    edited February 2018

The automatico can kill from long distance. Thats not what a smg should do . I got killed many times like this. And the LMG'S are only usefull if bipod in use.

It takes 7 shots to kill outside of 20m with the automatico. Git gud
  • Godhates1234
    406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Well i get killed from long distance no matter what you say
  • DankDope99

I'm sure you do bud, sounds like a you problem not a weapon problem
  • Godhates1234
    edited February 2018

No it's not supposefor smg to kill from long distance. So Yes a weapon problem
  • DankDope99

My point is the weapon takes so long to kill at ranges outside 20m, you should easily be able to avoid all these snipes from Automaticos. It is not a weapon problem no matter how much you want it to be
  • FF_smart27
    1956 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Lmg's are ok. You have low capacity guns that are great for cqb ( BAR, Madsen etc ) and you have the big boys with tons of ammo and accuracy for long range.
    And yes, Conquest Assault bad
  • Godhates1234
    smart2705 wrote: »
    Lmg's are ok. You have low capacity guns that are great for cqb ( BAR, Madsen etc ) and you have the big boys with tons of ammo and accuracy for long range.
    And yes, Conquest Assault bad

LMG'S only good with bipod. And why is so many using M1917. They did not before the patch. It's because of the low recoil. All the other LMG'S have more recoil than before the patch.
  • Godhates1234

My point is the weapon takes so long to kill at ranges outside 20m, you should easily be able to avoid all these snipes from Automaticos. It is not a weapon problem no matter how much you want it to be

Yes it is. No matter what you say.
  • DankDope99

Yes it is. No matter what you say.

Great argument there bud, really raked me over the coals

At least I had some statistics to back it up.
  • Loqtrall
    11563 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've had mixed results, but I'd much rather have each side with 0 tickets, no objectives, and equal amounts of naval and air vehicles.

That, and Legoland Bites could really use a canyon through the island between F and C, or even an additional objective inside the completely empty and worthless waste of space on that side of the map.