HATE conquest assault

2»

Comments

• Godhates1234
    406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2018
    DankDope99 wrote: »
    Adman_Tor wrote: »
    olarvlad wrote: »
    I hate the new weapon balance :s :s

Makes LMG's completely useless for running and gunning. You have to stand perfectly still if you want to hit something. Then you get shot in the head.

Well considering the weight of every gun in the class it's not very realistic to run around with a perino popping off shots as if it were an SMG

No, the game isn't entirely realistic but imo it was less realistic before they rebalanced. I don't mind the changes

The automatico can kill from long distance. Thats not what a smg should do . I got killed many times like this. And the LMG'S are only usefull if bipod in use.

It takes 7 shots to kill outside of 20m with the automatico. Git gud

Well i get killed from long distance no matter what you say

I'm sure you do bud, sounds like a you problem not a weapon problem

No it's not supposefor smg to kill from long distance. So Yes a weapon problem

My point is the weapon takes so long to kill at ranges outside 20m, you should easily be able to avoid all these snipes from Automaticos. It is not a weapon problem no matter how much you want it to be

Yes it is. No matter what you say.

Great argument there bud, really raked me over the coals

At least I had some statistics to back it up.

It's not just me who get killed from long distance. You call me a liar. So whats the point. You dont believe me bud. This game had and have many bugs and issues. And this one is one of them.
  • DankDope99
    541 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Makes LMG's completely useless for running and gunning. You have to stand perfectly still if you want to hit something. Then you get shot in the head.

Well considering the weight of every gun in the class it's not very realistic to run around with a perino popping off shots as if it were an SMG

No, the game isn't entirely realistic but imo it was less realistic before they rebalanced. I don't mind the changes

The automatico can kill from long distance. Thats not what a smg should do . I got killed many times like this. And the LMG'S are only usefull if bipod in use.

My point is the weapon takes so long to kill at ranges outside 20m, you should easily be able to avoid all these snipes from Automaticos. It is not a weapon problem no matter how much you want it to be

It's not just me who get killed from long distance. You call me a liar. So whats the point. You dont believe me bud. This game had and have many bugs and issues. And this one is one of them.

Getting killed at a long distance is a bug, really?
  • kampkaos_420_
    2675 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Is it story time? Video or it never happened.

Chances are you were either low health or took a shot from a scout at the same time. Try recording your game play and watch it in slow motion. Alot of times you will see what went on.
  • Godhates1234
    406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Yes if it is a smg. Smg are used at close combat.
  • kampkaos_420_
    2675 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Lmao....they might not be efficient at distance but don't think people won't pepper your behind.

There are no rules on how far your allowed to engage a target with any weapon.
    AIM HIGH
  • DankDope99

Troll
  • Ploodovic
    1157 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    As I’m sure many of you know, Conquest Assault is one of the original game modes from BF 1942, where it was used on some of the maps. The intent is to better match the historical context, where one side is already “dug in”. One big difference from that game, however, is the ticket system, that has been changed in BF1.

For regular Conquest, you now get tickets as soon as you cap a flag, in addition to when you kill an enemy (technically when a killed enemy spawns again). Hold more flags than the enemy team and your tickets will count up faster than theirs. The original ticket system only started to bleed tickets (counted down, not up) when you held a majority of the flags, in addition to the kills.

In Conquest Assault, where one side started the match holding all flags, the ticket system was different; the initial ticket bleed stopped as soon as the attacking team neutralised a flag. No flag majority needed, the tickets only bled when one team held all the flags. And if the attacking team held all flags, the defenders couldn’t spawn until they’ve capped a flag. There was no spawning on squad mates (there were no squads). If the attackers held all flags, and killed the last enemy, the game was over, Conquest completed.

In BF1, the Conquest Assault game mode is basically regular Conquest, but with one team holding all flags, at the beginning of the round. (Correct me if I’m wrong here.) With the current ticket system, the attacking team needs to cap a majority of the flags to not have the ticket “bleed” disadvantage, unlike the original Conquest Assault ticket system, where they only needed a foothold (neutralise one flag) to stop the bleeding. From that point on, it was about the kills, until either team all-capped, and the bleed would start anew.

I like the fact that DICE have brought back an original game mode, and it makes more historical sense, that on some maps, one team is entrenched already. But the implementation works poorly, because of the ticket system. Yes, they’ve tried to counter the initial imbalance by giving one team 300 or so tickets, when the game starts. But the fact that the Conquest Asssult in BF1 follows the same ticket rules as the regular Conquest doesn’t work when one team starts with all flags.

If we take Cape Helles as an example, the British start with more tickets, and these are supposed to make up for the time it takes to capture a majority of the flags, i.e, four flags. BUT! It’s a big difference between capping a majority of the flags on regular Conquest, where the closest flags are empty and uncontested when the round starts, and fighting back from an all-cap to get the majority. Every flag you try to take, as an attacker on Conquest Assault, the enemies can spawn on and reinforce, either directly or from a nearby flag. You never really clear the flags from defenders, and there’s no time for it either. I don’t think more tickets would help either. How often, in regular Conquest, do you see one team get all-capped and turn that around to a solid flag majority? Not capping one or two flags temporarily, but to a comfortable flag majority. Conquest Assault with the current ticket system basically suffers from the same problem; the all-capped team runs out of tickets too fast.

Change the ticket system to the old rules, and I think we would see a general improvement on both Conquest and Conquest Assault.

(Wow, that’s a lot of text. Sorry about the rant, I guess.)
  • INCUBA3E-BF
    1944 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    You got no chance, we've said since the beta the ticket system rubbish........no change in over a year
  • A_SALAD_MAN
    241 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I love the idea of a defending team holding all the flags and the attackers has to beat them back.
    I’m really happy DICE added this in BF1.

It feels way more realistic and historically correct.

That’s why I sometimes choose to play Operations...

• DankDope99
    I love the idea of a defending team holding all the flags and the attackers has to beat them back.

I agree, it kind of forces objective play because if a team doesn't actually attack and try to take objectives the defenders are gonna kill the lobby
  • WetFishDB
    1695 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I don't mind its existence - but feel it shouldn't be within a Conquest Server. It should be a different game mode IMHO.
  • KaasWoljaap
    148 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm not a fan of it myself - it's ok, but nothing special.
    For example, the new Zeebrugge map...I think it will be far superior if was normal Conquest mode
  • kampkaos_420_
    WetFishDB wrote: »

I don't mind its existence - but feel it shouldn't be within a Conquest Server. It should be a different game mode IMHO.

It's alright at times but when it's bad IT IS BAD.

To me its a lazy way to add content. It is merely operations with all sectors open at once. Just as operations can get on your nerves when your team decides to give up and sit back and snipe, same happens here.

• Godhates1234

Troll

Troll
  • A_SALAD_MAN
    241 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Just the thought ”We tried this on Nivelle nights and that was a succes” makes me wonder.

It might be an inside job.
  • KiloSierraDelta
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    CQ Assault is forking cancer
  • Forkbeard84
    1447 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Nice necro.