30ja18 patch: 200banlist 50viplist thank you, next if possible Timeban / CQ 48 players / sniperlimit

NL73schietdammer
501 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
edited February 2018
30ja18 patch: 200banlist 50viplist thank you, next if possible Timeban / CQ 48 players / sniperlimit

I have 2 full pc rsp servers and right now have 4 bans that are timebans , all for 1 week so I ban them and have to manually unban them. I am always late with it mostly by around 1 day unbanning them. I timeban for excessive toxicity in chat (3 this week) and players that constantly each and every round when they are losing switch to winning team (1 this week). If a server has date and time, no clue if the server runs on Linux or windows but any OS probably has a clock build in. Then it should be possible to give 1hour 3hours 1day 3days 1week 1month bans, that can be counted in the 200banlist as 1 of the 200 during the timeban. This is the only thing missing for me personally in rsp, after that it is done and complete for me.

Why do I then talk about CQ48 and sniperlimit in the topic name? If I read the other topics on rsp on this forum and on reddit then I think this is what stands out as wished for by rsp owners but more important : also 1 of the few rsp wishes also wanted by players who play on servers.

I remember bf4 24/7 conquest locker servers that where always full and had a limit of 48 instead of 64 players I didn't like those but they where full so. My personal number 1 thing I played in bf3 was ziba tower domination 64 players, and in hardline the block tdm 64 players, but I think those 2 gamemodes with 64 players instead of 24 wont be possible without lag on bf1. Anyways more gamemodes with adjustable amount of players. I told this before in the top5 of I think wanted things for rsp but here another guy with this wish I saw yesterday on reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_live/comments/7ub9x7/rsp_still_has_no_adjustment_of_player_count/

And I think - especially on 200% damage servers - a sniper limit is wanted. In bf4 you always had 2 sort of limitations if there was any, 1 no explosives ... that is covered (although on the map where it is wanted the most fort de Vaux impossible because of the lockable doors), but there where also always many servers in bf4 with a sniper limit, and many patches ago in bf1 it was even in the patch notes that it was in that particular patch but it wasn't. And like the last 1 I think wished for by players.

Ofcourse if fellow rsp owners still want other things please reply below. Probably some want ingame messages now that 50 vip slots are available instead of 20, so maybe have that as a 4th in the wishlist (although that 1 probably won't be missed - unlike the last 2 - by players - they will see it as ingame spam - so more wished by rsp owners then by players, I would maybe even use it to give the discord address because players on my servers forget that option a lot when there is hacker on the server they just could ask for an admin on discord), just make it so that the spam is limited to once very 8 or 10 minutes.
Post edited by NL73schietdammer on

Comments

• -Antares65z
    1630 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I think a lot of your suggestions are totally valid and I too would enjoy seeing 48 player player slot option and also a sniper limit. I enjoy the 200% bullet damage servers but I'm sick and tired of the majority of the players being snipers. And this comment is coming from a rank 50 Scout who plays aggressively PTFO. I don't play these servers much anymore because its nothing but a big sniper spamfest humping hills and picking people off.

Probably the biggest change I'd like to see and one that I think wouldn't be hard for Dice to implement, is having Custom servers showing back up in the regular browser. IMO, this is by far the most important change that should be made. There are a few basic settings I'd like to change, like disabling pre-round start (having 6 player start) and also turning on Standard Issue Rifles for all classes. Unfortunately right now, those make the server Custom and it disappears from the browser.

One other change I'd love to see. There is enough screen real estate available during map vote to add two more maps as vote options, making it a total of four maps to choose from. IMO that would solve the problems with map vote.
  • NL73schietdammer
    501 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Ok but isn't that custom server server browser just a problem caused by the players, if for example I search for a 200% dameg server I put damage on 200% and the rest ALLLLLLL of it to neutral : for example the tickets on such a server can be 100% but also 200% so then I say to the server browser filter settings make that 1 neutral. Then it doenst look at the tickets, I think in this regard the browser is working corectly by removing a 200% damage server with 200% tickets if the searcher is having his filter on 200% damage and 100% tickets. And standard issue rifles is also on neutral in my search filter that I saved.

The problem before the 30ja18 patch was that you suddenly - since the 11de17 patch I think - could not neutralize the tickets you HAD to choose 50 100 or 200% but they fixed that. And I know they patched that into the game that annoyance that you had to choose bwteen 50 100 or 200% tickets because months before it I saved search filters and when I press them I have tickets on neutral.

Wait let me check right now if I still can find a problem with neutralising things before I write further in this reply. YESS you can put everything off and then put only 200% damage on, then I get 100plus results even.
  • -Antares65z
    1630 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2018
    IMO, the biggest issue rented servers face right now is custom servers disappearing from the default server browser as soon as you change ONE settings from stock configuration. What I mean by disappear is that if I bring up the server and have Conquest checked for the game mode and nothing else, Custom servers do not show up with the search return, even if there are players on it. For about two months, the Custom servers were showing up in the browser with default filters. EA claimed that this was due to a bug. A bug? Does that mean that the browser was purposely designed to NOT show Custom servers with default filters? Sounds like it to me. I can find 200% damage servers by typing 200% in the server name filter. However I shouldn't have to do that in order to find these servers. They should be showing up with all the rest of the official and rented servers running default game settings. There has been a tremendous amount of instability in the game/browser the past few days. My server crashed like 3-4 times last night, every time dumping a full server. Dice is probably working on some stuff/changes to the browser, hopefully one of those things in bringing back the Custom servers in the normal browser without having to manually search for them with customized filters.
  • NL73schietdammer
    edited February 2018
    IMO, the biggest issue rented servers face right now is custom servers disappearing from the default server browser as soon as you change ONE settings from stock configuration. What I mean by disappear is that if I bring up the server and have Conquest checked for the game mode and nothing else, Custom servers do not show up with the search return, even if there are players on it. For about two months, the Custom servers were showing up in the browser with default filters. EA claimed that this was due to a bug. A bug? Does that mean that the browser was purposely designed to NOT show Custom servers with default filters? Sounds like it to me. I can find 200% damage servers by typing 200% in the server name filter. However I shouldn't have to do that in order to find these servers. They should be showing up with all the rest of the official and rented servers running default game settings. There has been a tremendous amount of instability in the game/browser the past few days. My server crashed like 3-4 times last night, every time dumping a full server. Dice is probably working on some stuff/changes to the browser, hopefully one of those things in bringing back the Custom servers in the normal browser without having to manually search for them with customized filters.

I think that indeed that was a bug, when I filter on 200% damage and tickets at 100% then I don't want to end up on a server with 200% tickets. The only 1 that does not look at all the other settings is name filter.
    You have a reset button , there should be a button that neutralizes all settings and from their on up you search what you search for, in this case you choose 200% damage and then find out there are 100+ then you filter further ... maybe region or fulter out empty ones whatever.

And an option to remove official servers from the browser - they are tagged anyways because on official settings there servers get QM traffic below 20 players so it should be easy to implement - and rsp servers aren't getting that, why do I want this well if i search for something often there I get 100+ results and the browser shows 100 max and in those 100 many aren't rented but official removing them I would see all the rented stuff.

I think the server crashes weren't the servers, it was EA online went offline, so many servers - if not all - get then emptyd at the same time. I always check here http://downdetector.com/status/ea and here http://xn--allestrungen-9ib.de/stoerung/ea and at 4am central european time last night there where 1.500 reports there of ea being offline and before it also another offline period a day before it it was I think. And then itc me back online and back offline again it stuttered for half an hour to an hour. I haven't seen any crashes - after the patch - on my 2 servers, and on the 2 from semperfi that i help fill everyday.
    Post edited by NL73schietdammer on
  • Jaskaman
    646 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member