Getting Tired of the DICE bashing

sbvaughn88
87 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
I’ll be the first to admit the the game has its issues. I’ll be happy to report the I lost connection to the EA servers an hour ago and couldn’t get back on which is what brought me to the forums tonight. I’ve had absolutely horrendous hit detection of late, and tonight I died in a landship from 90 health while sitting still to an AT mine. Enemies I’m trying to shoot rubber banding across the screen, etc. it also frustrates me that high pingers still join my games and things go from good to bad really quick. While I don’t agree with DICE’s stance on this, I’ve had to accept the fact that they will never ping lock the servers and I’ve moved on......much like I did during the 8 years of Barack Obama.

But after reading several posts of people complaining about getting ripped off, DICE taking advantage of everyone, their servers sucking, not trying to fix the game, and blatantly crapping on the entire community that purchased this game is just ridiculous. I think everyone needs to readjust their expectations a little....in some cases a lot.

I have 19 plus days logged into the game thus far and I would say 85 percent of that time has been enjoyable. I bought the game for $60 bucks at GameStop and I’d say that there has never been a situation in life or in the universe as a whole where one person can get 19 days of entertainment (in my case) for $60 bucks. I mean where’s all the hate and complaining when you go waste $20 on a bad movie that lasted 2 hours?

Additionally, I cannot even fathom the challenges that must be present when trying to balance a game where every client has a different ping to the host server from 64 simultaneously different locations. DICE has to balance the game where the most people have the best experiencing knowing all the time they will never make everyone happy. The weapon balancing, etc. it’s really astonishing when you think about all that is going on that a game can even run at all with these conditions, yet most of the time it is an awesome game where we can all come together, play together with friends from all across the country, have fun shooting bad guys, and even rage quit from time to time.

Also, people need to realize that DICE is a company with employees and they create products to make money. Just like every other business in the world of free market capitalism. A lot of their decisions are based on the fact that they have to protect their bottom line in order to stay in business and continue producing the games we all play. Just like they will do for the upcoming BF2018 we are all anticipating. They create entertainment products and try to maintain those products to the best that their resources will allow. If you don’t like it simply don’t buy it. But to get on forums ant rant and rave because you don’t think your getting the experience you are entitled to....well sound just like that. Entitlement.

Finally, I check in from time to time and see posts from the developers who ask the community what they can do to make the game better and still they get no breaks from the community. I have read 10 negative posts for every one positive one and I just cannot understand this? I think DICE has done a fantastic job with Battlefield 1 and I would like to say THANK YOU to the developers for their hard work and creativity in releasing the most fun, online multiplayer shooting game I’ve ever played. No it’s not perfect but nothing or no game is ever truly perfect. I think people need to see the bigger picture and realize that DICE does not exist to cater to their every desire and re-adjust and manage their expectations accordingly.

I fully expect to get ripped for this post by the same people whining about the game.

Comments

• I_is_AN-94_skrub
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited February 3
    *profanity is a violation of the forum guidelines - post removed*
    Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
  • LeesSummit09
    148 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Nice post. PS4 player, sorry. I have always enjoyed the battlefield series. Some things can be frustrating, but overall it is a fun experience. I started on Tecmo bowl, so what you can do in these games today is amazing. But, this is the internet and the people posting are ones wanting to vent. Majority of people that enjoy the game, do so without bothering to say anything.
  • BGHFlakjacket
    1099 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I fully support Dice and their games....I do like this one. But why all the changes? Why the constant nerf, buff and the real issues not addressed?

I am still waiting for the delayed vehicle spawn issue to be fixed.......they have known about it for months.....yet we get a needless mines nerf.
  • bapman63
    811 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    sbvaughn88 wrote: »
    I’ll be the first to admit the the game has its issues. I’ll be happy to report the I lost connection to the EA servers an hour ago and couldn’t get back on which is what brought me to the forums tonight. I’ve had absolutely horrendous hit detection of late, and tonight I died in a landship from 90 health while sitting still to an AT mine. Enemies I’m trying to shoot rubber banding across the screen, etc. it also frustrates me that high pingers still join my games and things go from good to bad really quick. While I don’t agree with DICE’s stance on this, I’ve had to accept the fact that they will never ping lock the servers and I’ve moved on......much like I did during the 8 years of Barack Obama.

But after reading several posts of people complaining about getting ripped off, DICE taking advantage of everyone, their servers sucking, not trying to fix the game, and blatantly crapping on the entire community that purchased this game is just ridiculous. I think everyone needs to readjust their expectations a little....in some cases a lot.

I have 19 plus days logged into the game thus far and I would say 85 percent of that time has been enjoyable. I bought the game for $60 bucks at GameStop and I’d say that there has never been a situation in life or in the universe as a whole where one person can get 19 days of entertainment (in my case) for $60 bucks. I mean where’s all the hate and complaining when you go waste $20 on a bad movie that lasted 2 hours?

Additionally, I cannot even fathom the challenges that must be present when trying to balance a game where every client has a different ping to the host server from 64 simultaneously different locations. DICE has to balance the game where the most people have the best experiencing knowing all the time they will never make everyone happy. The weapon balancing, etc. it’s really astonishing when you think about all that is going on that a game can even run at all with these conditions, yet most of the time it is an awesome game where we can all come together, play together with friends from all across the country, have fun shooting bad guys, and even rage quit from time to time.

Also, people need to realize that DICE is a company with employees and they create products to make money. Just like every other business in the world of free market capitalism. A lot of their decisions are based on the fact that they have to protect their bottom line in order to stay in business and continue producing the games we all play. Just like they will do for the upcoming BF2018 we are all anticipating. They create entertainment products and try to maintain those products to the best that their resources will allow. If you don’t like it simply don’t buy it. But to get on forums ant rant and rave because you don’t think your getting the experience you are entitled to....well sound just like that. Entitlement.

Finally, I check in from time to time and see posts from the developers who ask the community what they can do to make the game better and still they get no breaks from the community. I have read 10 negative posts for every one positive one and I just cannot understand this? I think DICE has done a fantastic job with Battlefield 1 and I would like to say THANK YOU to the developers for their hard work and creativity in releasing the most fun, online multiplayer shooting game I’ve ever played. No it’s not perfect but nothing or no game is ever truly perfect. I think people need to see the bigger picture and realize that DICE does not exist to cater to their every desire and re-adjust and manage their expectations accordingly.

I fully expect to get ripped for this post by the same people whining about the game.

This is how I see it op. Those people who live close to severe have a good experience and they give you the positive feedback but they are the silent ones for the most part. On the otherhand, there are those of us who don't live close to servers and our experience isn't as great so we complain and we are more vocal.
    This game was advertised as an off the shelf plug and play game and it's not. Don't use the wireless controlers that came with the expensive consoles you bought, go wired. Don't use wi-fi, go hardwired. Make sure you put you tv on gamer mode, so you have to switch back every time you want to watch tv.
    Now the new maps look stunning but I wo u ld give up a little of that to have a game that runs fairly.
  • Knucklehead23jp
    308 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Love dice and love this game!
  • sbvaughn88
    87 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    bapman63, I can see your point after you explained it.....you guys are the high pingers that come into a perfectly running server and wreck it for everyone else and I don’t guess it’s your fault unless you are playing out of region. I live in a fairly populated area with an 18ms ping to most east coast us servers. I guess this is the fault of advertising by DICE...maybe they could do a better job with this because it certainly causes a rift between the players and could be considered false advertising. But if you live in one of these areas, is it not the case with every online multiplayer shooter?
  • DarkTWR99
    185 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Why did you mention Obama? Were those some rough years for you?
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    211 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    DarkTWR99 wrote: »

Support the system only when the people you voted for are in charge.
  • Darrenbattlelog
    257 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited February 5
    I agree on the fact of buying the game and premium is money that goes along way and alot of hours. Yes the game has the controller breaking issues at times. But its more positive than not. I mean seriously what else you going to play? COD? Give me a break. Kudos to whoever pitched the WW1 scenerio to EA. It might as well been the civil war. But they did it and its puts COD WW2 to shame. The attention to detail. Gun mechanics and sounds and visuals. Alot of people put alot of hours and days of their life into this game. It shows the dedication and hard work. Go back 10 years in gaming and this games scale would have been a pipe dream to everyone at the time. Think about also the whole other issue of bringing the WW1 time to present day. This was not even an afterthought in anyones mind. This game has brought that time period front and center and has gotten the gaming industry to actually delve into that time period and see what it was all about. I think EA Dice did a bang up job on this title. Cant wait for a WW2 scenerio done by EA Dice.
  • ryancreations
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I fully agree with the OP. Very valid view of things. I will say that my experience with this game has been mostly good. Like eveyone here it's had it bugs but really, what an incrediable game. I've never been a fan of shooting games, I've played all of the cods and the battlefields and this just takes the cake. And ill elaborate why. Now most players play for kills and there K/D is everything. Not me. This is the first game that positively reinforced being rewarded for just objectives and points vs kills. Now I primarily play conquest, I average around 20k points a game and my k/d is .64. If I played cod or the other battlefields I would not still be playing because I be considered a bad player because everything's about that K/d. However this game I'm always topping the charts and I've found ways to get points and prove to be the most useful payer time after time with a total crap k/d and making a useful impact on the team. I have a lot of respect for this game and the developers because they created a platform thats not only the people who care about k/d can enjoy it but also the people who suck as killing can enjoy it. Also the complexity of the maps and game play has really sucked me in too. I love how scenery changes from the beginning to end of the game. Now look, like I said I don't know everything and I've never been captivated by a shooter game until this game. So while the servers slowly die and people complain I'll still be on killing it because they did a great job.
  • sbvaughn88
    DarkTWR99 wrote: »

Yeah they were some rough years for me as a business owner.....I hated his policies but still support our constitutional republic and the office of President, therefore I accepted it and moved on. What I didn’t do was see a grief counselor, stop traffic on the freeways, riot in the streets, run around saying “not my President”, and act like a feeble weak minded child because the candidate I voted for didn’t get elected. There’s a pretty good correlation here. Just like our political system is not here to cater to my every desire and need, neither is DICE. They create a popular shooting game which makes money, if you (not meaning you in particular) don’t like it stop playing and don’t buy anymore titles from them....but for heavens sake, whining about everything in this game on the forums expecting DICE to read it and change their behavior is ridiculous thinking.....I can’t understand why so many people do it?
  • jeepers871755
    58 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Dice can suck it
  • VBALL_MVP
    4816 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I agree with you OP. Like any online game that ANYONE makes there will always be issues. I think DICE have done a decent job of fixing issues while keeping the game interesting. I feel I got my money's worth out of it.

What gets me are the people who just complain about this game and say how it's the worst and yet log days of play time...and still continue to play it.

It's like giving a restaurant a 1 out of 5 stars and yet every Friday you go for the fish fry.
  • sbvaughn88
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    I agree with you OP. Like any online game that ANYONE makes there will always be issues. I think DICE have done a decent job of fixing issues while keeping the game interesting. I feel I got my money's worth out of it.

What gets me are the people who just complain about this game and say how it's the worst and yet log days of play time...and still continue to play it.

It's like giving a restaurant a 1 out of 5 stars and yet every Friday you go for the fish fry.

It gets me too....exactly why I made this thread. Makes no sense