Heligoland Bight / one big problem

SFSeventh
266 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I'll start with saying that the North Sea update is amazing and really set a new high for this game. Especially with the map Heligoland (i'm a naval battle fanboy yes).
While visually and gameplay wise the map is amazing there is ONE major flaw that totally breaks the gameplay for me (and possibly many others who would like to enjoy a L Class Destroyer for more than 30 seconds). I am of course referring to the instantaneous spawn of torpedo boats. Torpedo boats while being squishy targets spawn that same moment you destroy them, this resulting in an endless barrage of torpedoes from their spawn location. Surviving two torpedo boats (4 torpedoes fired at you) is already hard, and even if you manage to come out alive it does not matter as two new ones will instantly spawn and blow you to pieces. Also the torpedoes have no priming time and explode as fast as you release them regardless their travel time which again isn't healthy to the naval gameplay. Their cooldown / reload time is disgustingly fast and leaves no time to repair. All they need to to is fire and forget.
I know that many will just call this a cry thread etc. but do you honestly think this is balanced ? Do me a favor, jump into a destroyer and cap E,D of F on Heligoland and tell me how long can you survive the swarm of torpedoes.
Not trying to hate on the game, it's in a very good spot right now but this is really bothering me.

Comments

• llPhantom_Limbll
    5374 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2018
    All they need to do is nerf the effective range of torpedos and their damage.
  • A1337chicken
    464 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Yeah, they seem pretty dangerous. I'd say that the reload should just take longer. Maybe make it so that torpedoes can be shot and blown up if you see them coming.

And the boats *do* spawn far too quickly on the North Sea maps. I remember blowing up a boat with my AT Gun as it was leaving, and then it respawned 10 feet behind its own wreckage.
  • SFSeventh
    266 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Any balance change would do, it's just ridiculous how noone noticed this.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5374 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    SFSeventh wrote: »
    Any balance change would do, it's just ridiculous how noone noticed this.

The balance issue between Destroyer and boats has been known since the first part of dlc. But I have a one big doubt LA cares about that.
  • dfwviking
    199 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The worst part is the boats can sit so far away that you can not even see them and they can still hit you with torpedoes. Coupled with the "highly accurate" damage indicator that often send you looking in the wrong direction keeping the destroyers alive can be a nightmare.
  • SFSeventh
    edited February 2018
    The most annoying thing of all is that destroying the Destroyers requires 0 skill, 0 tactics and not even a careful approach. And counterplay is nonexistant, it just comes down to who destroys who first.

EDIT : what can we do to make the devs / cte folks notice this issue ?
  • CS-2107
    1554 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    What I find a bigger problem is, that Helgioland Bight is only available in Conquest... Why is there no TDM, Domination and War Pigeons on this map?
  • AlotOfThunder
    1545 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    the solution will be either:

- reduce the range of torpedoes
    - increase torpedo reload time

or maybe reduce the overall number of torpedo boats available. replace some with landing craft
  • RomioiStrategos
    402 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'll start with saying that the North Sea update is amazing and really set a new high for this game. Especially with the map Heligoland (i'm a naval battle fanboy yes).
    While visually and gameplay wise the map is amazing there is ONE major flaw that totally breaks the gameplay for me (and possibly many others who would like to enjoy a L Class Destroyer for more than 30 seconds). I am of course referring to the instantaneous spawn of torpedo boats. Torpedo boats while being squishy targets spawn that same moment you destroy them, this resulting in an endless barrage of torpedoes from their spawn location. Surviving two torpedo boats (4 torpedoes fired at you) is already hard, and even if you manage to come out alive it does not matter as two new ones will instantly spawn and blow you to pieces. Also the torpedoes have no priming time and explode as fast as you release them regardless their travel time which again isn't healthy to the naval gameplay. Their cooldown / reload time is disgustingly fast and leaves no time to repair. All they need to to is fire and forget.
    I know that many will just call this a cry thread etc. but do you honestly think this is balanced ? Do me a favor, jump into a destroyer and cap E,D of F on Heligoland and tell how long can you survive the swarm of torpedoes.
    Not trying to hate on the game, it's in a very good spot right now but this is really bothering me.

Why don't you post this at the reddit page?

https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_live/
  • SFSeventh
    I know that many will just call this a cry thread etc. but do you honestly think this is balanced ? Do me a favor, jump into a destroyer and cap E,D of F on Heligoland and tell how long can you survive the swarm of torpedoes.

Why don't you post this at the reddit page?

https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_live/

well i never posted on reddit but okay, i'll give it a try thanks
  • boutneus
    2458 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I wouldn’t mind the torpedoes if there was a way to actually dodge them. Since the destroyers turning radius is like a brick it basically makes you a stationary target, that’s my gripe