SMG 08/18 Buff, too much or ok?

IIRogueMachineII
1337 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited February 2018
They've buffed the SMG08/18 in the CTE to 700 i think RPM instead of the game standard 450. Tried it out and now its way more fun then before and i could see myself using it more. My question is was it too much of a buff considering its mag size and now potential new fire rate we could end up having another Hellriegel, although it does have a large amount of recoil so maybe not. It definitely needed a buff but can't help thinking its probably too much. Putting it in between the MP18 and Hellriegel range would have been sufficient.
Post edited by IIRogueMachineII on

Comments

• grrlpurple
    843 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yet they reduced the 16 round machinepistol to 900 from 1200rpm when it could only realistically kill two in a magazine.
  • IIRogueMachineII
    1337 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Didn't know that, strange. Probably a salty group of players complained that they got killed too much by it. It was fun but was pretty limited.
  • grrlpurple
    843 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Didn't know that, strange. Probably a salty group of players complained that they got killed too much by it. It was fun but was pretty limited.

They even increased the recoil. It was a weapon with limited application but is near impossible to use now.
  • MissCommissar
    403 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    SMG 08/15 with ~700 RPM? Jeez, Hellriegel 2.0 meta inc...
  • bran1986
    5913 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It is hilariously OP.
  • aseveredfoot
    2467 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2018
    All I've been hearing is it's completely overpowered. I highly doubt it'll make it into retail.

I love how the patch notes just say something like 'adjusted the smg08 to fire more closely to how it probably did.'

And if assault gets another face melter, I want a Benet Mercie that fires at its real rate of fire of 550-600 and and an RSC that fires rounds at 1,000m/s. And set the BAR to its "high" rate of fire (adjustable via gas block) to 800rpm
  • IIRogueMachineII
    I mean it is pretty crazy. Anyone who's used and says its not barefaced lying. Its basically a automatico/hellriegel lovechild!!!
  • DALESR4EVER124
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I was just using the SMG 08 last night on Suez in its current form (I don't play on the CTE) and I was melting people with it. If they buff the RoF THAT much than it'll be dominant.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6338 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 wrote: »
    It is hilariously OP.

Every potato player can use that gun with one hand while touching himself with another and still get loads of kills. Pure joke.
  • SirTerrible
    1713 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I have to try this. Sounds great fun lol.
  • bran1986
    5913 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 wrote: »
    It is hilariously OP.

Every potato player can use that gun with one hand while touching himself with another and still get loads of kills. Pure joke.

I never play assault, I joined when the score was around 600-480, my boss called me right after I joined so I was talking to him as I played and I still put up 30 kills. I could only imagine what kind of numbers some of you guys will do with it. The whole time I could only think "how the hell is this skillfull?
  • Callahan44er
    5062 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Sounds insane...i mean it has 80 bullets,its unique and worth using its current form already. The low rate of fire is the only downsight.
    Its just the cte,but i feel like 95% of the cte changes made it into the game so prepare for hellriegels brother.

I just dont get what they are doing tobthis game...
  • dj4047
    459 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think it's good that weapons that used to be useless are becoming relevant again. It's not any different than other assault weapons. Get to them before you get into CQC and you won't have any problems.
  • IIRogueMachineII
    It needed a buff, it wasn’t terrible but against an Automatico and Hellriegel users you’d lose. I do think it’s too much of a buff. 650 would be better.
  • disposalist
    8984 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    On top of the buff that every single SMG got it's not just "too much" it's ridiculous.
  • MarxistDictator
    5340 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    from meme to dream in one update
  • BobsAndVegane
    1252 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    They didn't need to do anything with the rate of fire, they should have just reduced the spread. If they mess with the rate of fire, it can only be either garbage or an aspiring Hellriegel.
  • Ram1c
    4167 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah I can only imagine how broken this thing will be in the hands of skilled players, I already see the hellriegel utterly destroying groups of squads, I can't wait to see what this is going to be like lol.
  • MarxistDictator
    5340 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They didn't need to do anything with the rate of fire, they should have just reduced the spread. If they mess with the rate of fire, it can only be either garbage or an aspiring Hellriegel.

Well it has factory modifers so even when they give it even more recoil than it has now it will still be better than the Hellriegel.

Plus for some reason this change buffed the hipfire on the Maxim, so trench clearing is lol compared to the HR which at least wants you to raise your sights lest you spray rounds everywhere.

Definitely too strong right now.