[FIX] [BF4 Not Launching] Windows 10 Anniversery Update causing BF4 not to Launch / Disappear

iCHarris
30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited August 2016
So after having this issue myself and speaking with EA over the phone, it seems like this is such a new issue it's hard for people to diagnose, thanks to reddit user Rukudo, he posted this fix which seems to work for me. I've pasted his response below, it seems like an issue in Borderless mode, I'm assuming EA will release an update shortly to address this issue.
Found a solution that worked for me. Seems like the game launching in borderless mode was an issue. I went to my PROFSAVE_profile file in the Battlefield 4 settings and edited the following lines to look like:
GstRender.FullscreenEnabled 1
GstRender.FullscreenMode 0
GstRender.FullscreenScreen 0

For nubs, here's a step by step guide:
  1. Go to this location C:\Documents\Battlefield 4\settings or wherever your primary documents folder is.
  2. Open "PROFSAVE_profile" with Wordpad / Notepad++
  3. Lines 28, 29 & 31 must be set to the same options as the quoted post above, this is what it should look like
6AOoQt3.png

Done! The game should run as expected now, if you're still running into issues, check the Realtek Audio Driver as this is something that could also influence the issue.

Comments

• PapiPino
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Thank you, it's works for me!
    Put it on a evidence....
  • dec4234
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Help? I don't have POFSAVE_profile.
    https://i.gyazo.com/d48319fa00166bbf9df06ee919dc7b5d.png
  • iCHarris
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    dec4234 wrote: »

Here
  • Escuix_BF
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hello,

Thanks a lot for this ! That's what I tried too and I wasn't aware of the existence of your post. :D

If I can add something, think about closing programs like Razer Synapse and his brothers, that's what I did too and BF4 is now working perfectly. The solution works for BFH too by the way.
  • LeFatBaron
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Great work iCHarris. Many thanks. Saved me a lot of trouble tonight.
  • JaXn_AUT
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    Thanks it helped me. Do i have the settings again if a new BF update is coming out ? Or will the update fix everything ?
  • iCHarris
    JaXn_AUT wrote: »
    Thanks it helped me. Do i have the settings again if a new BF update is coming out ? Or will the update fix everything ?

Hopefully EA will realise this is a rising issue and release a patch fairly soon.
  • wh173
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Goddamit, came here just for this after reinstalling the game trying to solve it.

THANK YOU.
  • Scrxtchy
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I think it's been almost 2-3 months since Microsoft broke this, coincided with a Game DVR update. Disabling gamedvr doesn't solve it
    Hopefully either parties can work out a fix

Still don't understand how this passed QA, as Microsoft explicitly asked for battlefield 4 feedback
  • De_Swaffelaer
    Solved the problem for me just this morning. I installed windows 10 update and .... bf4 wouldn´t go anymore.
    After applying the fix it worked again. :-)
  • WoooHaH
    116 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Thank you so much! Seriously thank you thank you thank you!
    Spent 5 hours troubleshooting and freaking out over this, knew it was the new windows update that was causing this problem.
    Went through numerous forum posts and finally found this one, looked at the date and my god... August 2nd.
    It worked flawlessly, took me 5 minutes and it fixed it for me!

You are a lifesaver
  • DarknessShotter
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    It's not work for me :(
    When I open the PROFSAVE_profile, the number after lines 28,29 & 31 are already 1,0,0.
    Then I launch bf4, it crash and make a loud noise, I can't even back to desktop!
    What should I do next? Should I wait for update?
  • ohnousagain
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Thank you so much!
  • shuriken42
    iCHarris wrote: »
    So after having this issue myself and speaking with EA over the phone, it seems like this is such a new issue it's hard for people to diagnose, thanks to reddit user Rukudo, he posted this fix which seems to work for me. I've pasted his response below, it seems like an issue in Borderless mode, I'm assuming EA will release an update shortly to address this issue.
    Found a solution that worked for me. Seems like the game launching in borderless mode was an issue. I went to my PROFSAVE_profile file in the Battlefield 4 settings and edited the following lines to look like:
    GstRender.FullscreenEnabled 1
    GstRender.FullscreenMode 0
    GstRender.FullscreenScreen 0

For nubs, here's a step by step guide:
    1. Go to this location C:\Documents\Battlefield 4\settings or wherever your primary documents folder is.
    2. Open "PROFSAVE_profile" with Wordpad / Notepad++
    3. Lines 28, 29 & 31 must be set to the same options as the quoted post above, this is what it should look like
    6AOoQt3.png

Done! The game should run as expected now, if you're still running into issues, check the Realtek Audio Driver as this is something that could also influence the issue.

I worked thanks
  • ohnousagain
    I system restart becouse of this bug
  • dec4234
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Hey one more thing all of the code you said in this thread is 1 line above what mine is. Instead of 28 - 31 it's 29 - 32. Could this cause cause problems?
  • iCHarris
    dec4234 wrote: »
    Hey one more thing all of the code you said in this thread is 1 line above what mine is. Instead of 28 - 31 it's 29 - 32. Could this cause cause problems?

Potentially, you're looking to copy the options I have, if your GstRender.FullscreenEnabled 1 is line 25 instead of 28, that's fine, just copy the end number, that being 1, only reason I mention the line numbers is to help people find the options more quickly and because this is the default config.
  • iCHarris
    It's not work for me :(
    When I open the PROFSAVE_profile, the number after lines 28,29 & 31 are already 1,0,0.
    Then I launch bf4, it crash and make a loud noise, I can't even back to desktop!
    What should I do next? Should I wait for update?

Move your PROFSAVE_profile to desktop and run the game, it should generate a new file, try then.
  • theinsider555
    thanks for the workaround, but that is what it is - a workaround, as you are basically changing to fullscreen instead of borderless.
    lets hope a fix is coming soon.