Weekly BF

[FIX] [BF4 Not Launching] Windows 10 Anniversery Update causing BF4 not to Launch / Disappear

14567810»

Comments

• Saample
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    iCHarris wrote: »
    So after having this issue myself and speaking with EA over the phone, it seems like this is such a new issue it's hard for people to diagnose, thanks to reddit user Rukudo, he posted this fix which seems to work for me. I've pasted his response below, it seems like an issue in Borderless mode, I'm assuming EA will release an update shortly to address this issue.
    Found a solution that worked for me. Seems like the game launching in borderless mode was an issue. I went to my PROFSAVE_profile file in the Battlefield 4 settings and edited the following lines to look like:
    GstRender.FullscreenEnabled 1
    GstRender.FullscreenMode 0
    GstRender.FullscreenScreen 0

For nubs, here's a step by step guide:
    1. Go to this location C:\Documents\Battlefield 4\settings or wherever your primary documents folder is.
    2. Open "PROFSAVE_profile" with Wordpad / Notepad++
    3. Lines 28, 29 & 31 must be set to the same options as the quoted post above, this is what it should look like
    6AOoQt3.png

Done! The game should run as expected now, if you're still running into issues, check the Realtek Audio Driver as this is something that could also influence the issue.

thanks dude, i love you (nohomo)
  • Promise-Storm
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited March 2017
    Yall are making this way more difficult than it is. You do not need to change the PROFSAVE_profile text file. All you need to do is click the BF3 Tab at the bottom of the screen and then press it again in the same location to refresh the screen to bring you to the Battlefield map so that you can enter the game. BINGO.
  • AcekunGaming
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Tried doing this. It actually opened a tab for BF4 now, instead of me only having access to it from the task manager. However, anytime i click the BF4 while it is open it only flashed my screen black, and doesn't register a click on the game.
  • sadboyltd
    73 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2017
    So my game started not loading maps properly, they have missing textures, I spawn without any weapons, there are no sounds, except for me getting shot. I cant alt+ctrl+delete to close the game, or close it normally as it just unloads forever. Tried googling it but this was the only sort of relevant thing that came up, that was atleast somewhat recent
  • RustedRoot
    2709 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    What solutions have you tried?
  • BASILISK-ZAISER
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Once again it was updated windows, now BTF4 stopped working, I mean ... it freezes again when starting, does anyone know how to eliminate the problem ?? Thanks in advance
  • BASILISK-ZAISER
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    [
    iCHarris wrote: »
    So after having this issue myself and speaking with EA over the phone, it seems like this is such a new issue it's hard for people to diagnose, thanks to reddit user Rukudo, he posted this fix which seems to work for me. I've pasted his response below, it seems like an issue in Borderless mode, I'm assuming EA will release an update shortly to address this issue.
    Found a solution that worked for me. Seems like the game launching in borderless mode was an issue. I went to my PROFSAVE_profile file in the Battlefield 4 settings and edited the following lines to look like:
    GstRender.FullscreenEnabled 1
    GstRender.FullscreenMode 0
    GstRender.FullscreenScreen 0

For nubs, here's a step by step guide:
    1. Go to this location C:\Documents\Battlefield 4\settings or wherever your primary documents folder is.
    2. Open "PROFSAVE_profile" with Wordpad / Notepad++
    3. Lines 28, 29 & 31 must be set to the same options as the quoted post above, this is what it should look like
    6AOoQt3.png

Done! The game should run as expected now, if you're still running into issues, check the Realtek Audio Driver as this is something that could also influence the issue.

Thank you thanks and a million thanks, holy remedy, I can play full hours, I consider it a good game. greetings from Chile
  • MIKE_FMM
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Still have a problem.
    e178969409fc.png
  • Le-Spongebob
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I just tried this now... as I just did my windows 10 update cause whenever there is a update there is an issue... and lo and behold... I was finally forced to the the update and now my bf4 doesn't work... fun times
  • MIKE_FMM
    And no tech support from EA orOrigin.... THE BEST
  • Wolverinne24
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Yeah great I uninstalled reinstalled repaired tried the fix above I dont get the tab that you used to be able to click on to play. It just sits there joining server.
  • hitesh1234
    Tried the steps in the OP but I'm still facing problems

This is the problem I'm facing:
    1) I open the origin client
    2) Go to my library > Battlefield 4 > Click on play
    3) A box opens up says launching, with a 'cloud syncing loading bar'
    4) Internet browser becomes the active window for few seconds and then back to origin client with nothing happening

Any help?
  • BACKYARDBULLY38
    265 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    this don't work for me. I'm getting P.O. I buy the game for PC and PS4 and I got to reprogram my Rig to play a game I bought from a AAA game Dev? Jesus come on man
  • RustedRoot
    hitesh1234 wrote: »
    Tried the steps in the OP but I'm still facing problems

This is the problem I'm facing:
    1) I open the origin client
    2) Go to my library > Battlefield 4 > Click on play
    3) A box opens up says launching, with a 'cloud syncing loading bar'
    4) Internet browser becomes the active window for few seconds and then back to origin client with nothing happening

Any help?

Open Origin - Login
    Go to Origin Application settings and turn every single thing OFF
    Minimize Origin
    Launch your browser and go to Battlelog for BF$ - Login
    Browse the server page - Find a server and Join
  • YaBoiCharlemagne
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    when I click play the blue circle cursor appears and then disappears and doesn't start, I tried all of your fixes but nothing works.
  • RustedRoot
    ^ Don't launch the game from Origin.

Read what I typed above again.
  • Phydough
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I have the same issue. I tried RustedRoot's method - still can't connect online, either via Origin or from the browser.
  • Buck_VoF
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Welp, was reminded extremely quickly why I uninstalled this game in the first place. Tried RustedRoot's method, tried playing with compatibility and administrator permissions, tried the PROFSAVE. Nothing.

Game doesn't launch out of Battlelog in browser, doesn't launch out of Origin, nothing in event viewer to help me diagnose. Just shows a "Do you want this program to make changes to this PC" window when I try to launch out of anything, then blinks back to Origin app.