[FIX] [BF4 Not Launching] Windows 10 Anniversery Update causing BF4 not to Launch / Disappear

Comments

• jimboh1
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    Mine is crap too since the AU installation- EA and MS please fix this ASAP!
  • mmm9343
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    iCHarris wrote: »
    It's not work for me :(
    When I open the PROFSAVE_profile, the number after lines 28,29 & 31 are already 1,0,0.
    Then I launch bf4, it crash and make a loud noise, I can't even back to desktop!
    What should I do next? Should I wait for update?

Move your PROFSAVE_profile to desktop and run the game, it should generate a new file, try then.

It did not generate a new file
  • DarknessShotter
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    When I open the PROFSAVE_profile, the number after lines 28,29 & 31 are already 1,0,0.
    Then I launch bf4, it crash and make a loud noise, I can't even back to desktop!

Move your PROFSAVE_profile to desktop and run the game, it should generate a new file, try then.

It's not help too.
    But really thanks for your help anyway.
    I might wait for the update.
  • WindXforce_Pr
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    Same thing is happening with BF3. i tried this but it doesn't work.
  • GUNESErcan
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It does not work...
  • GUNESErcan
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I've tried everything. Nothing. It does not open...
  • iCHarris
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    GUNESErcan wrote: »

If you give us a little more information we might be able to help. Do you have a PROFSAVE_profile in your documents or not?
  • GUNESErcan

If you give us a little more information we might be able to help. Do you have a PROFSAVE_profile in your documents or not?

I tried everything that is written, but it didn't work. After a Windows 10 Anniversery Update "Battlefield 4 has stopped working" keeps giving an error.

"PROFSAVE_profile" file is available. Written I tried, didn't work. I deleted the file, again it didn't work.

Sorry, my English is not very good. But I hope you understand me.
  • iCHarris
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

I tried everything that is written, but it didn't work. After a Windows 10 Anniversery Update "Battlefield 4 has stopped working" keeps giving an error.

"PROFSAVE_profile" file is available. Written I tried, didn't work. I deleted the file, again it didn't work.

Okay, do you know if the game was running in Borderless before you did the update? The issue seems to be with Borderless being run, something you could try is deleting the "PROFSAVE_profile" then repairing the game and running it.
  • AccrualBowtie
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Thanks for the fex!

The issue is definitely with borderless, but removing PROFSAVE_profile and repairing the game still doesn't fix the issue.
  • GUNESErcan

Okay, do you know if the game was running in Borderless before you did the update? The issue seems to be with Borderless being run, something you could try is deleting the "PROFSAVE_profile" then repairing the game and running it.

I deleted the file, I did repair game but it still didn't work. I was playing the game always in full screen. But now, no way I can't play.

Why DICE doesn't update to resolve this issue?

What am I to do now? I can not play the game.
  • dan134621
    260 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I've never have had the problem, you guys are. Go into game options, video settings. Set fullscreen to fullscreen, instead of borderless, problem solved.
  • GUNESErcan
    dan134621 wrote: »
    I've never have had the problem, you guys are. Go into game options, video settings. Set fullscreen to fullscreen, instead of borderless, problem solved.

I can not enter the game settings. Because "Battlefield 4 has stopped working" it gives an error ..
  • KKSunstrider
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Thanks a lot!
  • Fake_Plissken
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member

Didn't work for me either. Game won't start at all. I just get "Battlefield 4 has stopped working - A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.
    Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available"

Which is cute, since updating Windows has caused the problem. :-(

I guess I'll just have to wait for EA to get their finger out.
  • Fornic8er
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Tried this fix but didn't work, thanks anyway.

However, found another fix for my launching problem.

Roll back the Windows Anniversary Update

Settings>Update & Security>Recovery
    There was an option to uninstall the last update,
    Reboots the PC, then done.

BF4 is working again..Disabled Windows automatic updates so it doesn't re-install

Cheers,

Forn.
  • LedWeappelin
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I wasn't aware one could disable Windows 10 updates.
  • Tha_Growler
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Fornic8er wrote: »
    Tried this fix but didn't work, thanks anyway.

However, found another fix for my launching problem.

Roll back the Windows Anniversary Update

Settings>Update & Security>Recovery
    There was an option to uninstall the last update,
    Reboots the PC, then done.

BF4 is working again..Disabled Windows automatic updates so it doesn't re-install

Cheers,

Forn.

Does this continue to work for you?
  • Mostmuscle
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    No luck, thanks for posting the fix though
  • jimboh1
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    Dear EA/Dice or Microsoft (I don't care/ know which) please fix this.