[FIX] [BF4 Not Launching] Windows 10 Anniversery Update causing BF4 not to Launch / Disappear

Comments

• Marwelln
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    Thanks mate. Worked for me.
  • Tha_Growler
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    OK. I have restored prior to the Anniversary Update and everything is running OK in FULLSCREEN mode. I am afraid to set the video options back to what I want to run, BORDERLESS, for fear it break it again.

A couple of questions
    • Is there a REAL fix that will allow users to run BORDERLESS with the Windows 10 Anniversary Update (Win10 AU)?
    • Can I run BORDERLESS OK if I have removed the Win10 AU?
  • PlacoRabanne
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    Got the problem right now after upgrading, your workaround fixes it. Thanks bro !
  • Tha_Growler
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Got the problem right now after upgrading, your workaround fixes it. Thanks bro !

Are you running the Win 10 Anniversary Update and running BORDERLESS? Has it run successfully through a couple of reboots?
  • th3_wu
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Thanks for that fix. much appreciated!
  • Tha_Growler

Are you running the Win 10 Anniversary Update and running BORDERLESS? Has it run successfully through a couple of reboots?

Can anyone please answer my question?
  • akupyro
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    I wonder what resolution/ratio most of the folks that got this fix to work are running at. On my 21:9 monitor (2560x1080), it seems that the games goes black when in full screen mode. That fix was to run at 2560x1080 in borderless prior to Win10 AU. That of course does not work for the long run. I can through, nuke the profile settings file, coax the game to start, edit the settings, and get it working for that session. Close the game and try to reopen at any point, I have to jump through the steps again. While I can nuke windows and reload, this is the only game that has problems for me. Just wondering if anyone else running a 21:9 has run into this issue, and how the fix works for them...or does not work for them either.
  • Tha_Growler
    akupyro wrote: »
    I wonder what resolution/ratio most of the folks that got this fix to work are running at. On my 21:9 monitor (2560x1080), it seems that the games goes black when in full screen mode. That fix was to run at 2560x1080 in borderless prior to Win10 AU. That of course does not work for the long run. I can through, nuke the profile settings file, coax the game to start, edit the settings, and get it working for that session. Close the game and try to reopen at any point, I have to jump through the steps again. While I can nuke windows and reload, this is the only game that has problems for me. Just wondering if anyone else running a 21:9 has run into this issue, and how the fix works for them...or does not work for them either.

My experience is the opposite. If I use Fullscreen the game works OK until I hit the Windows key to view something other than the game. I get a black screen for a few seconds then it is OK. If I run Borderless the game loads and the server even shows me in the game, but I cannot see the game on my screen and no way to access it.
  • tapalev10
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    iCHarris wrote: »
    It's not work for me :(
    When I open the PROFSAVE_profile, the number after lines 28,29 & 31 are already 1,0,0.
    Then I launch bf4, it crash and make a loud noise, I can't even back to desktop!
    What should I do next? Should I wait for update?

Move your PROFSAVE_profile to desktop and run the game, it should generate a new file, try then.

It's not work for me.
    When I open the PROFSAVE_profile, the number after lines 28,29 & 31 are already 1,0,0 but it's not work for me. I moved the PROFSAVE_profile to the desktop but it doesn't generate a new file. What should i do next?

• iCHarris
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Please note I do not work on behalf of EA or their development team and therefore if this fix is not working for you, unfortunately I cannot do anything about that. The fix wasn't even found by me, I first saw it on Reddit and mentioned the user in my first post, my intention here is only share the fix with a more targeted community in order to at least help most of you having this issue play the game. If my suggestions regarding moving/deleting the PROFSAVE_profile file do not work, simply look for another solution elsewhere.
  • jimboh1
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    Anyone know where/ how we can petition EA/Dice to fix this? Or MS?
  • dan134621
    260 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited August 2016
    GUNESErcan wrote: »
    dan134621 wrote: »
    I've never have had the problem, you guys are. Go into game options, video settings. Set fullscreen to fullscreen, instead of borderless, problem solved.

I can not enter the game settings. Because "Battlefield 4 has stopped working" it gives an error ..
    jimboh1 wrote: »

The game is working fine, for most people. Do you really think EA/Dice, is going to update a three year old game? Just because you, and a few other people are having issues. You need to check for the problem on your end, that's part of owning a PC.
  • OslerSancz
    [img][/img]bf4.pngpicture hosting
    Hi! I'm new to the origin community but I played BF3 before from my cousins pc. When I heard of the BF4 75% sale last night I instantly got no doubts and bought it. Right now I never got the chance to even play it. $12.22 might not be much for some but that's pretty much for me.

So please help me? I don't see any settings folder nor the files everyone mentioned. Also I'm already on win10 every since, and the said win10(AU) guess I updated it too.
  • Mostmuscle
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    Apparently it's to do with Razer and their software for my Blackwidow keyboard. Closing that, and now my battlefield runs perfectly either in fullscreen or bordlerless/windowed mode. If you have a Razer keyboard this is worth a shot.
  • jimboh1
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    Mostmuscle wrote: »
    Apparently it's to do with Razer and their software for my Blackwidow keyboard. Closing that, and now my battlefield runs perfectly either in fullscreen or bordlerless/windowed mode. If you have a Razer keyboard this is worth a shot.

Hmmmm that's an interesting thought; I did just buy a new mouse from them. I will uninstall their software and try this...
  • IRussao
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
  • kingisrobin
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    I don't have "settings" folder. I just bought this game and installed it then played and it stopped working.
  • WannaBballer
    Thank you so much. I was going crazy trying to figure it out till I saw this thread.
  • iCHarris
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited August 2016
    IRussao wrote: »

That's the same as the fix on this thread...
    I've never have had the problem, you guys are. Go into game options, video settings. Set fullscreen to fullscreen, instead of borderless, problem solved.

I can not enter the game settings. Because "Battlefield 4 has stopped working" it gives an error ..

The game is working fine, for most people. Do you really think EA/Dice, is going to update a three year old game? Just because you, and a few other people are having issues. You need to check for the problem on your end, that's part of owning a PC.

Actually yes, if the issue is with them, which it is, they are obligated to fix the problem despite how many users it's affecting as many people are paying for a game they cannot play.
  • dan134621
    260 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    iCHarris wrote: »
    IRussao wrote: »

That's the same as the fix on this thread...

Actually yes, if the issue is with them, which it is, they are obligated to fix the problem despite how many users it's affecting as many people are paying for a game they cannot play.

Again, the game is 3 years old. Windows 10, was not around, when BF4 was released. They never said anything about it running on Windows 10. So we are lucky that it does run on Windows 10. And most people are not having any problems, just a select few people are. So the problem, needs to be fixed on your end.