[FIX] [BF4 Not Launching] Windows 10 Anniversery Update causing BF4 not to Launch / Disappear

Comments

• Tha_Growler
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2016
    Libneon wrote: »
    dan134621 wrote: »
    iCHarris wrote: »
    The issue is not present in the Battlefield 1 Open Beta, obviously the developers have a fix but are just not worried about BF4 currently, upsetting really.

It's possible, they may fix your problem, if and when they update the UI. Like I said before, the game is three years old, Windows 10, was not around then. Most people are not experiencing, the issue you guys are. And your CPU is newer, and your memory is faster than mine, and I have zero issues. I run my game in full screen. Are you guys running your game in windowed, or border less, are you running, Windows 10 Home, or Pro?

It seems the problem occurs when you try to run borderless, then the next launching of the game will fail and you'll have to edit the settings or delete the file for it load properly. At least that's what happened to me.

Exactly the issue I had when trying to run borderless with the Win10 AU. I uninstalled the AU and I am back to running borderless again without issues.
  • DarknessShotter
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    About days ago, a few windows update send to me, after I installation these updates, BF4 works again!
    I think it might be KB3176934 or KB3176936.
  • Tha_Growler
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    About days ago, a few windows update send to me, after I installation these updates, BF4 works again!

So are you running Win10 AU and BF4 in borderless mode successfully?
  • DarknessShotter
    edited September 2016

Yeah, both campaign and multiplayer.
    Then I turn it into full screen, it works fine too.
  • Tha_Growler

Thanks Darkness. Exactly what I have been waiting to confirm. I will go ahead with the updates you specified.
  • DarknessShotter

Thanks Darkness. Exactly what I have been waiting to confirm. I will go ahead with the updates you specified.

OK, good luck!
  • Tha_Growler
    I went ahead and reinstalled the Win10 AU update . I tried BF4 and immediately had the exact same issue. I checked the updates installed. KB3176934 was missing. I tried to manually install it, but it said it did not apply to my computer. It was the x64 version like my computer, but it still said it did not apply. I reverted back before AU and all is good again. Maybe I should leave well enough alone.
  • jimboh1
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    I went ahead and reinstalled the Win10 AU update . I tried BF4 and immediately had the exact same issue. I checked the updates installed. KB3176934 was missing. I tried to manually install it, but it said it did not apply to my computer. It was the x64 version like my computer, but it still said it did not apply. I reverted back before AU and all is good again. Maybe I should leave well enough alone.

Try what worked for me; run it in Compatability Mode for an older version, in my case 8/8.1.
  • Tha_Growler
    jimboh1 wrote: »

Try what worked for me; run it in Compatability Mode for an older version, in my case 8/8.1.

I will reload Win10 AU and try it. Can you remind me how to run BF4 in compatibility mode?
  • jimboh1
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    jimboh1 wrote: »

I will reload Win10 AU and try it. Can you remind me how to run BF4 in compatibility mode?

You may want to review it online, but it's essentially a matter of right-hand clicking on the game icon, clicking the 'compatability' tab and setting it. Reboot, and try again! :)
  • Tha_Growler
    I reloaded Win10AU and set BF4 to run in Win8 compatibility mode. I rebooted, but no cigar. It did the exact same thing. I reverted back before the Win10AU. I need to reread everything herte to see what I may have missed.
  • kameyojodido
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
  • AcaciaHeart
    thank you very much ;D
  • Crisdavid7341
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    Anyone know how to get borderless window working on launch? Im on Windows 10 anniversary and having the same problem as Tha_Growler. Setting the game application to Windows 8 compatibility doesn't fix the problem. Game works if I set it to borderless in game but won't launch at all; if I don't set it to Window or Fullscreen.
  • Fisjs
    Thank you so much! Saved my life.
  • Tha_Growler
    Anyone know how to get borderless window working on launch? Im on Windows 10 anniversary and having the same problem as Tha_Growler. Setting the game application to Windows 8 compatibility doesn't fix the problem. Game works if I set it to borderless in game but won't launch at all; if I don't set it to Window or Fullscreen.

I gave up and removed the AU update. Worked fine since.
  • iRanduMi
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    Modifying the config file resolved the issue for me for a few days but as of yesterday, I'm no longer even able to boot the game. Previously the battlefield .exe would appear in task manager but now, it never even loads it. I've attempted to delete the entire config folder, repair the game, etc. Still nothing. And I'm unable to revert to before the AU update because it's been more than 10 days....Dice, please resolve this.
  • MrChildren
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Can confirm, exact same problem, followed instructions: IT WORKED
  • SchlechtMetzger
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    PROFSAVE_profile edit fixed it.
  • Tha_Growler
    PROFSAVE_profile edit fixed it.

Reading the edits to the PROFSAVE_profile it simply tells the game to run in FULLSCREEN mode. No one has a problem running in FULLSCREEN. Running BORDERLESS is where the problem is.