This Week in Battlefield V

[FIX] [BF4 Not Launching] Windows 10 Anniversery Update causing BF4 not to Launch / Disappear

Comments

• Garrlord
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    SIMPLE FIX I figured out another solution for windows 10, if non of the other solutions work for you.

-- Go into your battlefield directory (Mine): G:\Origin Games\Battlefield 4

-- Right click your battlefield4 Exe, Mine is displayed as "bf4" or "bf4_x86" and enter properties. Once you're there, enter the compatibility tab at the top.

-- After that, click the box and ensure you've UNSELECTED "run this program in compatibility mode", and UNSELECT "run this program as administrator".

-- That is how mine is now working again, I hope this works for you guys..
  • Crisdavid7341
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    edited September 2016
    I got mine working thanks to a program I already need running.
    It's called Displayfusion and it's for a better multiple monitor taskbar set up
    Created a trigger for Battlefield 4 (and 3) that runs a script that I downloaded thru Displayfusion. So when I open Battlefield 4 in window mode; it'll automatically resizes the window and removes the borders. Which gives a borderless window experience for me. Haven't seen any drawbacks with this method, and works for most of the older games that don't have the borderless window setting.
  • a-burn-victim
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I got mine working thanks to a program I already need running.
    It's called Displayfusion and it's for a better multiple monitor taskbar set up
    Created a trigger for Battlefield 4 (and 3) that runs a script that I downloaded thru Displayfusion. So when I open Battlefield 4 in window mode; it'll automatically resizes the window and removes the borders. Which gives a borderless window experience for me. Haven't seen any drawbacks with this method, and works for most of the older games that don't have the borderless window setting.

Do you happen to have a link to the script? Or know where I could find it? Trying your tip now
  • bbilibili
    why i change anything, but i still cannot running Battlefiel4
  • RavelBR
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    me desculpem não falo ingles !! procurei por uma solução ah 5 dias e estava ficando louco e consegui encontrar aqui muito obrigado ^^
  • Crisdavid7341
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    edited September 2016
    This is how I did it for BF3 and 4 (Mind you I think you might need a pro key to unlock this feature, and this works with most games that don't offer Borderless window).
    1. Open Displayfusion
    2. Go to the Functions tab on the left side (https://imgur.com/Raq7xNU)
    3. Click "Download Scripted" at the top
    4. Look for "Remove Borders and Size to Full Screen (Make Borderless-Windowed)"
    5. Select it, and then click the download button below (https://imgur.com/eQ9A97b)
    6. Go to the Triggers (Window Location) tab on the left side; under the Functions tab you went to previously (https://imgur.com/3xM0WxA)
    7. Click add, and then set it up like I did (https://imgur.com/ZcKxJix)
    8. Click on okay, and you should be good to go
    P.S. The game may open in windowed mode as usual (You should set it to windowed mode in game as well), all you have to do is alt-tab, and click on the window title. It should then make it full screen borderless.
    Lastly you can also use this program instead, and set it up to make battlefield borderless window (little more easier; since you click add game, then click on the Battlefield 4 title) - http://westechsolutions.net/sites/WindowedBorderlessGaming/

I just already owned Displayfusion, and didn't want another application to provide a workaround. Despite me already having a program that can perform the same thing, if not better.
    Post edited by Crisdavid7341 on
  • Tha_Growler
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Garrlord wrote: »
    SIMPLE FIX I figured out another solution for windows 10, if non of the other solutions work for you.

-- Go into your battlefield directory (Mine): G:\Origin Games\Battlefield 4

-- Right click your battlefield4 Exe, Mine is displayed as "bf4" or "bf4_x86" and enter properties. Once you're there, enter the compatibility tab at the top.

-- After that, click the box and ensure you've UNSELECTED "run this program in compatibility mode", and UNSELECT "run this program as administrator".

-- That is how mine is now working again, I hope this works for you guys..

I thought this may work for me. No cigar. Thanks anyway :)
  • bbilibili
    hey,guys. i find a way to figure this trouble out.
    1.Open your Xbox on your computer.
    2.Find setting in Xbox.
    3.Find game DVR then close it.
    4.Open your Battlefield.
  • a-burn-victim
    This is how I did it for BF3 and 4 (Mind you I think you might need the a pro key to unlock this feature).
    1. Open Displayfusion
    2. Go to the Functions tab on the left side (https://imgur.com/Raq7xNU)
    3. Click Download Scripted at the top
    4. Look for Remove Borders and Size to Full Screen (Make Borderless-Windowed)
    5. Select it, and then click the download button below (https://imgur.com/eQ9A97b)
    6. Go to the Triggers (Window Location) tab on the left side; under the Functions tab you went to previously (https://imgur.com/3xM0WxA)
    7. Click add and then set it up like I did (https://imgur.com/ZcKxJix)
    8. Click on okay, and you should be good to go
    P.S. The game may open in windowed mode as usual (You should set it to windowed mode in game as well), all you have to do is alt-tab and click on the window title. It should then make it full screen borderless.
    Lastly ou can also use this program instead and set it up to make battlefield borderless window (little more easier; since you click add game, then click on the Battlefield 4 title) - http://westechsolutions.net/sites/WindowedBorderlessGaming/

I just already owned Displayfusion, and didn't want another application to provide a workaround. Despite me already having a program that can perform the same thing, if not better.

Hey man, I can't thank you enough! It's working great now. Thanks for going through the trouble of writing that, I really appreciate it
  • Scrxtchy
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    bbilibili wrote: »
    hey,guys. i find a way to figure this trouble out.
    1.Open your Xbox on your computer.
    2.Find setting in Xbox.
    3.Find game DVR then close it.
    4.Open your Battlefield.

tried this a few months ago and it didn't work
  • BACKYARDBULLY38
    265 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    iCHarris wrote: »
    So after having this issue myself and speaking with EA over the phone, it seems like this is such a new issue it's hard for people to diagnose, thanks to reddit user Rukudo, he posted this fix which seems to work for me. I've pasted his response below, it seems like an issue in Borderless mode, I'm assuming EA will release an update shortly to address this issue.
    Found a solution that worked for me. Seems like the game launching in borderless mode was an issue. I went to my PROFSAVE_profile file in the Battlefield 4 settings and edited the following lines to look like:
    GstRender.FullscreenEnabled 1
    GstRender.FullscreenMode 0
    GstRender.FullscreenScreen 0

For nubs, here's a step by step guide:
    1. Go to this location C:\Documents\Battlefield 4\settings or wherever your primary documents folder is.
    2. Open "PROFSAVE_profile" with Wordpad / Notepad++
    3. Lines 28, 29 & 31 must be set to the same options as the quoted post above, this is what it should look like
    6AOoQt3.png

Done! The game should run as expected now, if you're still running into issues, check the Realtek Audio Driver as this is something that could also influence the issue.

GstRender.FullscreenRefreshRate 60.020424
    this is what mine say should i change to what yours is or leave it alone?
  • pekac45
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    Thank you so much for this, that helped.
  • JDsplice
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited September 2016
    Until a patch comes out, here is a workaround for those who wish to keep the Win10au and Borderless mode...
    After clicking the [PLAY NOW] button, spam-click on the taskbar where the BF4 program flashes and disappears. It will "catch" the program and allow you to play borderless. About 1 in 10 times though, the game will black-screen-freeze. If that happens, then just click the X on the blue bar at the bottom of your browser-launch-window, select [YES], and wait for the blue bar to clear. Start game again and it should be ok. Hope that helps guys and gals.
  • SilentHightime
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Same issue, Updated windows 10 last nite woke up, hopped on, and wont load level just puts it in background. Turned off borderless, its fixed. So sad I want Borderless back NOW!
  • GomerPile_PFC
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    yep.. fixed it for me
  • General_UXO
    Simplest solution that worked for me, DON'T update to the latest Windows 10 Anniversary release. It is still too buggy. The hardware that I run is suppose to support Windows 10. I just built the system yesterday with ALL NEW hardware. All set up, ready to go, found that the Windows 10 Anniversary update is no good. Dropped back to the previous build and no issues. There seems to be a compatibility issue within the software. My advice is to just stay away from the Anniversary build and wait to install it. IT WILL cause you issues.
  • Rykogreis79
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Haven't had any problems whatsoever with BF4 after Anniversary Update. But i have rare (couple times a week maybe) random DirectX errors closing the game, but doubt that is a W10 issue.
    Using Amd cpu and gpu.
  • RustedRoot
    2709 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I don't have "settings" folder. I just bought this game and installed it then played and it stopped working.

Anyone else has this issue above it's probably because you have Cloud Storage enabled in Origin's Application Settings.
  • Reaper-Tusk
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    It works for mine,thx
  • SilentHightime
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Simplest solution that worked for me, DON'T update to the latest Windows 10 Anniversary release. It is still too buggy. The hardware that I run is suppose to support Windows 10. I just built the system yesterday with ALL NEW hardware. All set up, ready to go, found that the Windows 10 Anniversary update is no good. Dropped back to the previous build and no issues. There seems to be a compatibility issue within the software. My advice is to just stay away from the Anniversary build and wait to install it. IT WILL cause you issues.

Ya I know after I updated my windows 10 BF4 started having this topic issue, But even when I reverted back to a restore point or uninstalled update it didn't fix the problem!