[FIX] [BF4 Not Launching] Windows 10 Anniversery Update causing BF4 not to Launch / Disappear

Comments

• SilentHightime
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    RustedRoot wrote: »
    I don't have "settings" folder. I just bought this game and installed it then played and it stopped working.

Anyone else has this issue above it's probably because you have Cloud Storage enabled in Origin's Application Settings.

I have cloud storage turn off on mine and found my settings. If you have Nvidia geforce experience or raptr app they may recommend full screen, so you can click Optimize settings within that app and it will set it to what it thinks is appropriate and just change the settings when in game.
  • Tha_Growler
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Simplest solution that worked for me, DON'T update to the latest Windows 10 Anniversary release. It is still too buggy. The hardware that I run is suppose to support Windows 10. I just built the system yesterday with ALL NEW hardware. All set up, ready to go, found that the Windows 10 Anniversary update is no good. Dropped back to the previous build and no issues. There seems to be a compatibility issue within the software. My advice is to just stay away from the Anniversary build and wait to install it. IT WILL cause you issues.

Ya I know after I updated my windows 10 BF4 started having this topic issue, But even when I reverted back to a restore point or uninstalled update it didn't fix the problem!

After reverting back you may have to delete your profile and reboot. I think that is what I did. Been a while.
  • SilentHightime
    Simplest solution that worked for me, DON'T update to the latest Windows 10 Anniversary release. It is still too buggy. The hardware that I run is suppose to support Windows 10. I just built the system yesterday with ALL NEW hardware. All set up, ready to go, found that the Windows 10 Anniversary update is no good. Dropped back to the previous build and no issues. There seems to be a compatibility issue within the software. My advice is to just stay away from the Anniversary build and wait to install it. IT WILL cause you issues.

Ya I know after I updated my windows 10 BF4 started having this topic issue, But even when I reverted back to a restore point or uninstalled update it didn't fix the problem!

After reverting back you may have to delete your profile and reboot. I think that is what I did. Been a while.

Ah ya i didn't do anything like that, I just uninstalled updates that didn't work, then i restored before updates that didn't work, then I just restored back before restoring haha. I might try what you did, but think I might just deal with it for now. Thanks for the reply ;)
  • jimmyjjiimmmmyy
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    That is helpful! Solve my problem! Thank you!
  • mcmgurbuz
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    thank you man ur my hero !
  • Ace-Wiiz-_-
    I've finally fixed missing icon in borderless mode in BF4. Problem is with Virtual desktops settings. Fix: START -> Settings -> System -> Multitasking -> Under Virtual desktops is setting "On the taskbar, show windows that are open on". Change it from "Only the desktop I'm using" to "All desktops" and BF4 icon will be immediately shown.
    you guys are welcome :)
  • Th3_1t
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've finally fixed missing icon in borderless mode in BF4. Problem is with Virtual desktops settings. Fix: START -> Settings -> System -> Multitasking -> Under Virtual desktops is setting "On the taskbar, show windows that are open on". Change it from "Only the desktop I'm using" to "All desktops" and BF4 icon will be immediately shown.

This worked for me! Thank you!
  • Carbonic
    1209 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    I posted the all desktops fix a few days ago on here: https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/comment/232324/#Comment_232324 but I'll add the image here also I guess :)
    desktops.jpg
  • cawach
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    Thanks! This method is good!
  • sApO_sUicIdA
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I had the same trouble and I fixed it by closing TEAMVIEWER
    :)
  • SilentHightime

Nice, thank you worked perfectly!
  • BACKYARDBULLY38
    265 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    update your drivers in device manager, i also had to run Origin in windows 8 not 10 hope this helps. o and there is a Intel driver update utility you can down load to help you get the latest drives, chipset, so on and so on. latters
  • MrDragonsEye
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Thanks again for the Fix Carbonic.
    Full steps can be found here for anyone still having this problem:
    http://www.uksf-clan.com/forum/m/13811543/viewthread/28665843-how-to-fix-borderless-crash-after-win10-1607-anniversary-update
  • Asriel_Dreemurr6
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    BTW if it doesn't work for you then just wait for it to "open" because there is a brief moment when its not in background processes so just wait till you see icon on your taskbar and it should work too! ^^
  • Jethro7474
    Thank you so much!
  • ilikeahaddat
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2016
    This does not work for me. Game crashes to a black screen and freezes the computer about 10 to 30 seconds after I am playing in an actual game. It is doing this on Hardline also. This started with the last windows 10 update. It got worse after the last nvidia driver update.
  • hooyoou
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2016
    thanks works for me 2
  • RektoManiaco
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    Please help, I don't have the settings folder in the bf4 files.
  • HKGAMINGDK231
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    Thanks for the solution, it worked :)
  • Tha_Growler
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Thanks again for the Fix Carbonic.
    Full steps can be found here for anyone still having this problem:
    http://www.uksf-clan.com/forum/m/13811543/viewthread/28665843-how-to-fix-borderless-crash-after-win10-1607-anniversary-update

FINALLY!! This worked for me. I am now successfully running the Win10AU and in borderless mode. Thank you.