Remove the Team Switch Button

13»

Comments

• Contra87
    698 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    This is getting horrible, balance was so bad today the other team was actually intentionally keeping us close to prolong the match and farm us

That happens on Frontlines some also if there is a strong platoon or two on the same side. They will let the week team push them back to their telegraphs, then turn it on and push them off the map. I'd guess just to have s game last more than ten minutes.
  • Colt_Seavers009
    52 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    KriZ_Rul3Z wrote: »
    3. Team changers are usually bad players. Allowing them to change teams actually helps to balance the game. If no one was allowed to change, there is no way the steamroll could ever turn around, right?
    Disagree. Im a great player that PLAYS TO WIN THE GAME at the cost of KD that I dont care about. I need to see a team is worthy of my efforts. When I come into a new server, I usually make my decision within the first 50 pts. You can tell a lot about how good a team is by their approach to round opening.
  • Twosack
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    "Removing the switch team function won't help. And I can't ever understand why people never realize that. You see if I get into a server with a team that can't do sh-, and play like sh-. Well then I'm not going to have fun playing, which means I'm either going to switch teams or leave the server. So really removing the swtich team function won't do anything because players will just leave the server making that sh- team worse by having them outnumbered."

A grade 4 student could do the math on this and realize that switching to the winning team leaves greater unbalance than dropping e game.

"3. Team changers are usually bad players. Allowing them to change teams actually helps to balance the game. If no one was allowed to change, there is no way the steamroll could ever turn around, right?"

Incorrect. Team changers are alert players that care about winning. In BF1 it's often the top scorers. It's not difficult when done at the beginning of a match when the alert players (who are typically the winning type that try) join the team with better players, and they know who those are because they're paying attention.

I just started playing BF5, realized the team switch option is gone, and think it's a step in the right direction for fun and balance.

Add a points penalty for dropping games mid match and we'll really be cooking with fire.