Hardcore is a joke

joshuavinc143
124 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Played a bit just to unlock the Airburst for the UCAV...

So many FLIR optics on infantry weapons
So many snipers, which was good for the assignment
So many tankers running staff shell
So many stingers

Why would you want to play like that?
Regular mode takes way more skill

Comments

• alucardgr
    384 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited February 2018
    if you cant play hardcore then dont play it...... regular mode with auto health recover - auto repair- kill cam- slams that attatched to bikes without explode- no friendly fire-minimap.....yeah that needs too much skill
  • lSDIl
    1022 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    One shot sniper kills to the body in hardcore can suck though, unless you're playing sniper. And people running the invisibility hack go undetected because there's no kill cam.
  • joshuavinc143
    124 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    alucardgr wrote: »
    if you cant play hardcore then dont play it...... regular mode with auto health recover - auto repair- kill cam- slams that attatched to bikes without explode- no friendly fire-minimap.....yeah that needs too much skill

It's not really that I can't... it's that I won't

The 1 round that I took a little bit seriously I topped the score board for my team but the other team smashed us

I'll agree the auto heal/repair takes a bit of team work out of the game
    But still means you have to be better than the opponent

No one runs slams on bikes.. doesn't kill in 1 go

Ran into 1 sniper who I had played against in core mode... they sucked then and they still sucked in hardcore but had an increased chance of getting a lucky kill
  • lSDIl
    The best person is the one who gets the first bullet in, the person who gets the last bullet in is just lucky.
  • joshuavinc143
    SBLIFX wrote: »
    The best person is the one who gets the first bullet in, the person who gets the last bullet in is just lucky.

I guess... but not having to hit headshots as a sniper is a bit pathetic
  • elderwarriors
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    1 shot to the body for a kill as a sniper is not possible. Unless the target has already been hit and taken damage previously to you hitting him. I played a game recently where I got a kill as a sniper by hitting the target twice IN THE LEFT FOOT (that was all I could see of him).

(HC is short for "hack and cheat") or so I have heard
  • lSDIl
    edited February 2018
    1 shot kill in hardcore with a sniper is the norm. I think it's only one shot with DMR too.

Any mode is short for hack and cheat in BF it's just that in HC you don't get to see if the person is invisible on the kill cam, or if they've shot you from 6 miles off the map with an AK-47, or if they're levitating etc.

Two shots to the left foot is unrealistic because they wouldn't have a left foot after the first shot.
  • RustedRoot
    2709 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    More Skill? HAHA!

What you just listed as your gripes have nothing to do with skill. You're just mad at what other players are using.

Also, I have played both Normal and HC. My Accuracy and overall KDR etc. is higher when I play normal mode. Why? Because it's EASIER than HC based on my own experience.

Let me give some examples:
    Mini Map - Easier to locate enemies
    Kill Cam - Gives you location of the player who killed you
    Doritos - Makes it EASIER to see enemies as well as hit them
    3D Spotting - Need I say more

There are other reasons Normal mode is easier, but I don't really need to even go further on this topic as the facts speak for themselves.

Anyone who "thinks' normal mode takes more "skill" than playing Hardcore is completely delusional.

• RustedRoot
    2709 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Also, you conspiracy theorists have no clue. The majority of cheaters stay away from HC mode. THAT is a FACT. The majority of cheaters flock to Official Servers using Gametime Play Pass = FACT.
  • joshuavinc143
    RustedRoot wrote: »
    More Skill? HAHA!

What you just listed as your gripes have nothing to do with skill. You're just mad at what other players are using.

Anyone who "thinks' normal mode takes more "skill" than playing Hardcore is completely delusional.

Yeah ok maybe not skill. I think I was surprised at how many "easy" mode load outs there were in HC

I think I prefer normal as it involves me having to react better than my enemy

But I haven't recently tried to properly play HC except 1 round
  • okachuka
    362 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Nah Hc is not a joke of a mode, just completely different compared to regular. I personally enjoy it more just because there i have to pay more attention in things than in regular, plus my own downside has always been not looking the minimap when i play, simply because i concentrate into the game, so in Hc that fixes that case.

Damage model, repairing, friendly fire on, 1st p in vehicles, no health regenerate and all other stuff, those you have to keep in in your mind at all times, if you want to succeed somewhat good in the mode.
  • kregora
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2018
    If you look for something between Hardcore and Normal, search for a Classic Server.
    Issue is, there are only 4 Servers left worldwide, and only the Dead Friends Gaming Server offers 48 people Large Conquest with Friendly Fire.
    Check the link in my signature, if you're interested.
  • Yul-qqb-IPA
    120 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    How do I understand witch server is official in server list ?
    Any icon name ?
  • lSDIl

I guess... but not having to hit headshots as a sniper is a bit pathetic
    Usually hardcore is 60 health instead of 100, so a sniper rifle should still be 2 shots from beyond where its tail-off ends (90-150m). Before that it's usually 1.

http://symthic.com/bf4-weapon-charts?recon=1&sort=Class&adsc=DESC

• lSDIl
    RustedRoot wrote: »
    Also, you conspiracy theorists have no clue. The majority of cheaters stay away from HC mode. THAT is a FACT. The majority of cheaters flock to Official Servers using Gametime Play Pass = FACT.
    When people talk about the majority of cheaters, they're only looking at the tip of the iceberg, just as with drink drivers, because the majority of them haven't been caught. The only people who get caught are the ones who fly, teleport and play in normal mode whilst invisible, or have special map specific weapons on the wrong maps. I.e. the stupid ones. It took people ages to figure out the double and triple tank shell hack. They even advertise cheats on YT now. Beforehand people were saying, "oh, maybe a soldier hit you with an RPG at the same time," and crap.

• 0ld_yell0w
    406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I dont think you should compare these 2 gamemodes except for the fact that you have to be more careful not to do TK (for those who cares, I know I do) and theres no minimap. The sniper setup is IMO also an issue on normal mode hence you see a lot of players using sniperrifles on normal mode locker - metro etc.. .... because its way easier to get a 1 shot kill on these low distances. so that part doesnt really rely on the mode but of the mapdistances. the cool thing is, your teammates rely on you and your medkit more than on normal mode because the superpowers are gone ;) both playmodes I think is funny but the HC is , at least to me, faster paced and the rounds is more intensive.
  • lSDIl
    edited February 2018
    Great way of dealing with a hacker though. Put a friend on their team, and put C4 on their jeep.
  • joshuavinc143
    So... I've played more HC mode recently.. it's not bad.. just I am amazed by players using so much FLIR, especially on bolt actions

I use FLIR on my tanks and LAVs but not infantry...

I like using bolt actions in normal mode as it takes a bit of skill
  • Yul-qqb-IPA
    120 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Great way of dealing with a hacker though. Put a friend on their team, and put C4 on their jeep.

I was wonder who was those idiots put c4 on me
    Like if you week and skilless you can switch team and do tk because you believe anybody better then you is cheater
    What a f..ing idiots
  • lSDIl
    edited February 2018

I was wonder who was those idiots put c4 on me
    Like if you week and skilless you can switch team and do tk because you believe anybody better then you is cheater
    What a f..ing idiots
    No mate, people can tell the obvious cheaters. Some cheaters are so dumb they're not even smart enough to cheat in less detectable ways.