Why can't I fire in water

lSDIl
994 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
Couldn't switch to secondary, is it restricted to certain types?

Comments

• joshuavinc143
    77 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited February 12
    Put the shotgun away... use a pistol... if you need an easy kill side arm use the G18
  • lSDIl
    edited February 12
    G18s take about 4 shots to the body though. May as well use an air pistol, or use the G18 to pistol whip them to death instead of firing it.
  • RustedRoot
    2651 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    ^ Then you're not using the G18 right.
  • tempo_rarity
    604 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited February 13
    I think that if you need two hands to hold or operate a weapon while swimming , then you simply can't have it (?)
    Makes sense to this Soldier , carrying umpteen pounds of Gear AND wearing Combat Boots :tongue:
  • lSDIl
    edited February 13
    RustedRoot wrote: »
    ^ Then you're not using the G18 right.
    It takes more than two hits making it a terrible weapon. The Shorty usually kills in one. If I was to use a pistol it would be a two shot one.
  • lSDIl
    edited February 13
    I think that if you need two hands to hold or operate a weapon while swimming , then you simply can't have it (?)
    Makes sense to this Soldier , carrying umpteen pounds of Gear AND wearing Combat Boots :tongue:
    Yes but the BF4 soldiers are super soldiers who can move 5m one way and back again in half a second, so they move so fast I would expect them to be able to run on the surface of the water.
  • tempo_rarity
    You make me want to bail out of a Jet while flying it at Sea Level -- bailing out just as I angle the Jets nose into the Sea .
    For a second or more , the Ejector Seat should have me 'running on water' :lol:

ahhh , watersports . . .
    This reminds me of Extreme Swimming Pool Diving in that old game with 'California Carl' , where I aimed for Pools while freefalling from max altitude over Lost Vague-est and DIDN'T EVER pop my 'chute .
    The deeper pools there only half-killed me , but those wading pools were a definite no-no .
    The thing is , I sort of picked my pools from sky high , so there wasn't much room , or time , to change the LZ if I noticed later that it might be too shallow .
    . . then again , even when they were noticed to be too shallow I still never popped my 'chute -- there was that 'freefall-aim' to be perfected , after all :tongue:
  • lSDIl
    Logically speaking they would have to hold the shotgun above the water with one or both hands anyway. Ever tried firing a wet shotgun cartridge?
  • tempo_rarity
    Suddenly I'm realizing I need two hands to reload my sidearm while swimming , shooting my theory in the foot .