Helicopters and TOWs that never miss

lSDIl
985 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
Some helicopters never miss with TOWs even against fast moving helicopters, hack or legit?

Comments

• RustedRoot
    2651 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Does it really matter who else thinks it's legit or a hack? Sounds like you are just fishing.
  • Jhawkmarine
    165 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    legit /closethread
  • lSDIl
    Well whilst this isn't a real player's name, I see names like '3rdPersonTOW', along with an emblem that says '100% Hack'. That and my experiences with TOW lead me to be suspicious.
  • tempo_rarity
    604 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    "There will always be a better Shooter than me"
    "There will always be a better Tactician than me"
    "There will always be a better yadayadablahblah . . ."
    All finishing with of course : ". . but I can someday be as good as they are"

hint hint

The above is part of my 'Chaos Of War' anti-cheat self-soother , a 'balm' theory of staying sane during my glacial-speed progression in an FPS :tongue:
    It also predicts that there ARE Players out there who've actually ONLY ever flown AH's , for FOUR years .
    The 'Maths' of it says that by now they will be remarkably accurate with this , their 2,237th firing of a TOW .
    A peek at the Scoreboard to see that they're Level 140 may ease my Cheater'dar , but even if I look and see they're only Lvl 38 , they may actually be Lvl 178 due to a Game start-over , meaning my 'cheater-detector' alarms may be going off for nothing , or they might need re-calibration , a recall , or just needs to be SHELVED-SHELVed-SHElve-SHelv-SHel-sh-sh-s . . . . .

hint hint

Certainly , in a Game as mature as this one , the odds of me meeting longtime Expert Players are WAY higher than those of meeting possible cheaters .
    (server dependent , I'd imagine)
    Notably : In Giants yesterday , 22 of the 75 total Players were level 140's , with another 11 higher than 130 and anther half-dozen higher than 120 , meaning that MORE THAN HALF of the Players present could've easily killed me with 'dubious' accuracy or 'questionable' arms (my possible mindset) when actually it was purely on experience and skill alone (and my stupidity) that I feel they actually did kill me (my actual mindset) -- the end result being that even if there were cheaters there , the Theory and its Maths installed a Disabler on my Rage-About-It-Ometer , leaving me calm cool and collected as I prepared to go kill my newest target (. . of course , my intended mindset)

hint hint
  • lSDIl
    All I know is that in a long-long time playing BF3 I was never hit by a TOW whilst in an air vehicle once but now in BF4 I can be hit several times in a few minutes from air or land. I also know that if an IFV is going full speed across my sights, simply keeping the aim point on their vehicle will not ensure a hit. A helicopter or jet is much faster than an IFV, so where exactly are they aiming at? Lead? Diabolically tricky even with a fast moving sniper bullet against relatively very slow infantry. Maybe if it wasn't for all the flying and floating hackers out there, I might give the benefit of the doubt more, but having seen how readily this goes on, it will breed suspicion.
  • tempo_rarity
    From my experience , I'd never survive being "hit several times in a few minutes" by TOW's .
    I think their punch is just too strong .
    Methinks instead maybe you're getting hits from spammed MAA lock-ons . (?)

Still convinced it's TOW's?
    Hop onto a TOW stand and start firing (this works basically the same if you fire from the AH)
    Veer it left ONE second after launch , then TWO seconds after , then ThREE etc . . .
    You'll see they're not that difficult to memorize in terms of Lead and Travel times .
  • lSDIl
    edited February 16
    No I get killed several times in a few minutes by mysteriously accurate TOWs. I know it's TOWs because often it's an IFV doing it from in excess of 800m at times. An IFV has no other way of one-shotting you in a heli.
  • RustedRoot
    Having issues believing players can use the TOW and bring you down easily? Sheesh.

Here you go:

• lSDIl
    RustedRoot wrote: »
    Having issues believing players can use the TOW and bring you down easily? Sheesh.

Here you go:
    Right and you think that first kill is legit? He calculates a lead so great that the target isn't even in the field of view.

• joshuavinc143
    77 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    SBLIFX wrote: »

Here you go:
    Right and you think that first kill is legit? He calculates a lead so great that the target isn't even in the field of view.

Of course these are legit... it's skill...
    It's an old game with some people having 3000 hours played . They have gotten good with that loadout.
    Also if a recon or SOFLAM gets a lock on you a TOW will lock to that target
  • lSDIl
    A SOFLAM lock gives a warning though. I think it's either a hack or a glitch being exploited (i.e. game can't tell if missile is in front or behind target, so assumes hit if they cross the same pixels).
  • tempo_rarity
    @ SBLIFX - I see clearly now the already-called-for-by-others requirement for you to provide video examples of your complaints for everyone to see .
    You've created -- "I think it's either a hack or a glitch being exploited" -- (and continue to create) a 'dialogue loop(s)' that cannot be effectively debated and/or possibly confirmed/denied without this video proof .
    Without any perceived sense of available logical conclusion to it , there is now no real need for any sort of further participation in the 'debate' .
    I'll keep an eye out for this video of yours though , if it ever shows up .
  • pinchylillobster
    902 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Here you go:

Yes. It's extremely common with TOW/SRAW kills. The further you look, the sharper the missile turns.
    @ SBLIFX - I see clearly now the already-called-for-by-others requirement for you to provide video examples of your complaints for everyone to see .
    You've created -- "I think it's either a hack or a glitch being exploited" -- (and continue to create) a 'dialogue loop(s)' that cannot be effectively debated and/or possibly confirmed/denied without this video proof .
    Without any perceived sense of available logical conclusion to it , there is now no real need for any sort of further participation in the 'debate' .

This guy gets it. I wouldn't hold you breath for a video though. Just more "It happened because I said so" posts.

• lSDIl
    edited February 18
    Well the video evidence is in the above videos. How can you aim at something that isn't even on your scope? First TOW kill in first video above.
  • lSDIl

Yes. It's extremely common with TOW/SRAW kills. The further you look, the sharper the missile turns.
    But if the target isn't on your scope, how are you aiming at it?
  • pinchylillobster
    902 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

You're guiding it. It's no different than adjusting for bullet velocity and leading a target when sniping.
  • lSDIl

You're guiding it. It's no different than adjusting for bullet velocity and leading a target when sniping.
    The target is always in the field of view when sniping and even then it's pretty difficult to snipe a running target at range. If people were doing this once in a blue moon, I would say okay, it's a fluke but it's a bit too frequent in some games.

Like in my last game as sniper before achieving Recon Expert, I hit one guy on a moving boat in the head at 405m. Lucky shot. If I did that 6 times in a row in a few minutes, people would start telling me to get lost. It's either the game can't tell whether the TOW is ahead or behind the target after a while, so it gives a kill when they cross the same pixel, or it's a hack.
  • RustedRoot

Here you go:

100% Legit. Just because you can't do it, you think it's impossible.
  • lSDIl
    edited February 20
    If the game could actually detect the distance of the target and missile properly it would be impossible. Let's face it, the guy aiming doesn't know how far away the missile is, or how far away the target is accurately, or the accurate speed of either, so the idea he's calculating an accurate intercept solution can only be BS, especially if the target is off scope. It's more a case of either a) hack, or b) if I just swing this missile across DICE won't know if it's behind or in front (because hit detection is not their strong suit) and give me the kill.
  • joshuavinc143
    77 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    If the game could actually detect the distance of the target and missile properly it would be impossible. Let's face it, the guy aiming doesn't know how far away the missile is, or how far away the target is accurately, or the accurate speed of either, so the idea he's calculating an accurate intercept solution can only be BS, especially if the target is off scope. It's more a case of either a) hack, or b) if I just swing this missile across DICE won't know if it's behind or in front (because hit detection is not their strong suit) and give me the kill.

Or he's just that good