laggy servers

Blackspade666
2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
edited February 12
Fix your hit detection dice damn it is really bad
Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on

Comments

• LOLGotYerTags
    9089 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Moderator
    Don't use profanity.

I have edited it out of your title on this occasion.

Thank you
  • B3ast_1n_B3d
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yes ever since the last update i'm lagging like a **** even with low ping. Why does Dice always need to mess-up things that were ok?
  • D5RAT
    1947 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    This last update has introduced more bugs than ever . Really poor from Dice
  • Killer_Bradipo
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited February 13
    with last update hit detection is terrible , i hope in february update. i hit only far enemies , with the near enemies is a nightmare
  • Lahoo_Eckbert
    873 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Hit detection has been weird ever since the launch, but it has been consistently bad since april.
  • CSGarrett
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited February 13
    Agreed it's gotten worse - but wonder how much of that might be the new AC implementations DICE threw in there recently...?

Keeping The Fight Fair: Our Anti-Cheat Approach In Battlefield 1
    https://www.battlefield.com/news/article/anti-cheat-in-battlefield-1

I'll put up with some lag if they're tagging those losers and banning them...lol
  • D5RAT
    1947 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    CSGarrett wrote: »
    Agreed it's gotten worse - but wonder how much of that might be the new AC implementations DICE threw in there recently...?

Keeping The Fight Fair: Our Anti-Cheat Approach In Battlefield 1
    https://www.battlefield.com/news/article/anti-cheat-in-battlefield-1

I'll put up with some lag if they're tagging those losers and banning them...lol

It's more likely the server switch they listed "to improve" service . All I know is I found myself spawned next to an enemy on Zebruggee ,I raised my RSC and fired 3 shots point blank and he spun around and killed me . Didn't even look like he lost health . Maybe unfortunately timed packet loss but I have a reliable connection and so many complaints on here about the servers seems to point to EA fault
  • VESPA5
    766 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited February 14
    Fix your hit detection dice damn it is really bad

Different BF game, same results. It's like a rinse repeat Groundhog Day ordeal here because these are the same complaints I've come across via BF3, BF4, BF:Hardline, etc. etc. etc. There's much to be said about hopping on a 32v32 round where 30% of the players have ping spikes to up to 100-300 while your low ping seems to be working against you. And the hit detection varies each round because different players hop on introducing more high ping or low ping. What's bad is that just when you started to compensate your aim to adjust to the server's lag (like leading your shot even more), all it takes is 1-2 players with very high ping to just mess things up and cause the orange icons regarding server issues to flash on your screen while readjusting your aim once again.
  • F1aw1ess
    815 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    frostbite engine has always been a bit flaky on hit detection, there is a setting somewhere under the options for latency smoothing or something, might be worth having a play with that.
  • cso7777
    378 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited February 14
    F1aw1ess wrote: »
    frostbite engine has always been a bit flaky on hit detection, there is a setting somewhere under the options for latency smoothing or something, might be worth having a play with that.

I have been trying the 'low ping compensation'-thing.

Actually I have left it on for a few days and I think it is a little better than without. It's not a perfect cure, still having the kill around corners thing, but it feels a little less than without the setting. Also other players movement seems more smooth.

My ping is 20.