Destroyers on non-Turning Tides maps?

Enfield1907
67 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited February 2018
I can think of several maps where destroyers would be good i.e. Fao Fortress, Empire's Edge, Suez (providing fire support for land-based players from the canal), it would enhance the experience, and give the torpedo boats on Fao Fortress and Empire's Edge a bit more to do than just being glorified water taxis, it would be cool to provide fire support to an assault against the enemy-held fortress, whilst at the same time trying to dodge field gun fire and torpedo boat attacks.

Comments

• MarxistDictator
    4843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2018
    Apparently they don't have the memory for that but there's apparently enough memory to make the Hansa-Brandeburg GI and Airco DH10 replace the Gotha IV and Caproni CA5 on vanilla maps (for the Austro Hungarians/Ottomans/British respectively, Italians and Russians will still use the Caproni and Germany the Gotha).

Gotta shoehorn that Austro Hungarian bomber that flew 1 sortie before being redesignated for training missions only I guess.

I'd rather have tanks removed from Empires and Fao (where they are inaccurate and stupid) and replaced with destroyers though.
  • DingoKillr
    3467 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Apparently they don't have the memory for that but there's apparently enough memory to make the Hansa-Brandeburg GI and Airco DH10 replace the Gotha IV and Caproni CA5 on vanilla maps (for the Austro Hungarians/Ottomans/British respectively, Italians and Russians will still use the Caproni and Germany the Gotha).

Gotta shoehorn that Austro Hungarian bomber that flew 1 sortie before being redesignated for training missions only I guess.

I'd rather have tanks removed from Empires and Fao (where they are inaccurate and stupid) and replaced with destroyers though.

Swapping a skin/hitbox is not the same as adding something new.

I don't know the amount of memory used but none of the Destroyer maps have any land vehicles.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3253 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    There is also the added problem of the Destroyer being available on DLC maps, so only DLC owners or Premium players would have access to them on vanilla maps, just like with the St. Chamond/Putilov-Garford/Ilya-Muromets, leaving vanilla players in the dust.
  • Head3masher
    1420 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Destroyer would be great on empires edge.
  • GenesisMD5745
    428 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'd want the Destroyer on other maps too, but let's not forget about the C-Class Airship as well.

It's a shame that we don't have these new DLC vehicles available on vanilla maps already. Being able to use DLC vehicles from the first two DLCs on any other map was a nice feature. Why are the devs suddenly against this with the TT vehicles?
  • MarxistDictator
    4843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2018
    DingoKillr wrote: »

I don't know the amount of memory used but none of the Destroyer maps have any land vehicles.

Yeah but the ones that could use the destroyer could replace the (inaccurate and stupid) tanks with them. Pretty simple.

And I'm pretty sure the Destroyer is just map logic and not exclusive like the heavy bomber/assault tank or truck, I got killed by a premium trials player in one and he was a tanker a while back.

edit: apparently the Airco flew its first mission on Nov 10th 1918, why dice thinks these bombers would be more accurate is anyone's guess.
    Post edited by MarxistDictator on
  • AlotOfThunder
    1545 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Yeah but the ones that could use the destroyer could replace the (inaccurate and stupid) tanks with them. Pretty simple.

And I'm pretty sure the Destroyer is just map logic and not exclusive like the heavy bomber/assault tank or truck, I got killed by a premium trials player in one and he was a tanker a while back.

edit: apparently the Airco flew its first mission on Nov 10th 1918, why dice thinks these bombers would be more accurate is anyone's guess.

at least the Airco is british and kinda fits the british team better than the caproni which was only ever used by the italians and the U.S. i think.

i think the handley page 0/400 would have been a better choice, its a british bomber that saw a lot of combat. but i think the Airco will suffice so its ok.

question - where did you learn that the new bombers are being put into the base maps?
  • purpleflump
    260 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Pls no
  • GVlXxf
    433 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2018
    i didn't see other map is suitable for LCD or CCA, as these vehicle do specified made for third DLC map, how do u imagine LCD or CCA occur in standard map, u will see how weird it was!! :# :# :D :D

as these map isn't sea battle dominated maps, no need such "so powerful "vehicle on other maps
  • DingoKillr
    3467 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

at least the Airco is british and kinda fits the british team better than the caproni which was only ever used by the italians and the U.S. i think.

i think the handley page 0/400 would have been a better choice, its a british bomber that saw a lot of combat. but i think the Airco will suffice so its ok.

question - where did you learn that the new bombers are being put into the base maps?
    As I understand the devs are planning to make the new bombers faction specific for all maps.
  • AlotOfThunder
    1545 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

As I understand the devs are planning to make the new bombers faction specific for all maps.

ah i see. interesting move. i think that'll give more variety across the teams, more identity.
  • Roy57on
    273 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I don't think Destroyers would work on Fao Fortress, but they could work on Empire's Edge and Albion. Naval Warfare on Empire's Edge especially needs a shock to the system. I'm very surprised Y-Lighters haven't been added to that map yet (spawning at flags A, E, and G) as the A and G flags are very under-utilised on Conquest compared to the other flags.
  • Enfield1907
    67 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    There is also the added problem of the Destroyer being available on DLC maps, so only DLC owners or Premium players would have access to them on vanilla maps, just like with the St. Chamond/Putilov-Garford/Ilya-Muromets, leaving vanilla players in the dust.
    Interesting, I assumed these vehicles were available to non-DLC owners on the vanilla maps.
  • Titan_Awaken
    609 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Interesting, I assumed these vehicles were available to non-DLC owners on the vanilla maps.
    You're a little late to the party pal. Like nearly 1 and a half years late. The game is pretty much finished. Nothing new will be added and nothing old will be changed. 

/necro
  • MarxistDictator
    edited July 22
    Ferdinand_J_Foch said:

St. Chammond, Heavy Bomber and Putilov Garford all need their respective DLC to deploy but the L-class destroyer and C-class airship can be spawned by anyone in the server.

Necro with knowledge