Random recoil?

AdrianKnott
22 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
Stood still and even bypod deployed. I fire a few shots recoil goes left, stop. Fire another few shots and recoil goes right, stop. Fire a few more and recoil goes up. Not always in that order? And this is not a little recoil that I can control, it’s about an inch from the crosshairs/sights/optics. I can just be aiming at nothing as a test and happens 99% of the time. Any explanations would be cool.
Thanks

Comments

• BlackBurka
    42 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    There is a thing called Random Bullet Spread. It has something to do with the issue you are putting in here. Hellriegel and BAR have the same issue aswell along some other guns in the game.

Roughly speaking its ''normal''.

Greetings
  • WetFishDB
    1638 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Stood still and even bypod deployed. I fire a few shots recoil goes left, stop. Fire another few shots and recoil goes right, stop. Fire a few more and recoil goes up. Not always in that order? And this is not a little recoil that I can control, it’s about an inch from the crosshairs/sights/optics. I can just be aiming at nothing as a test and happens 99% of the time. Any explanations would be cool.
    Thanks

Random recoil is important.

For 1 it limits the impact of people using things like ChronusMax that generally use static adjustments - it requires a human to manually control the recoil patterns.

Secondly, it stops some automatic guns from being laser beams when they shouldn’t be. That rate of fire, with that damage should be harder to control IMHO.
  • BEFLAR
    418 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    This is what i've been complaining about since the last patch. They added horizontal recoil to the LMG. It is impossible to control. It breaks the gun.

Get ready for support haters saying the change is good though in 3, 2, 1...
  • Godhates1234
    378 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    BEFLAR wrote: »
    This is what i've been complaining about since the last patch. They added horizontal recoil to the LMG. It is impossible to control. It breaks the gun.

[/quote

And i hear all players say that the support class has been great after the patch. I played support but think the balance sucks.
  • WetFishDB

People are allowed different opinions dude, just because they disagree doesn't make them 'haters'. I haven't used many LMG's (other than a brief stint with the Lewis after I picked it up from an enemy), so can't comment on how bad it is across the board - although it was fine for that gun. Ultimately some horizontal recoil is always a good thing, especially as it can be in either direction as it forces the user to control the gun rather than them being laser beams.
  • BEFLAR
    418 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited February 15
    WetFishDB wrote: »

People are allowed different opinions dude, just because they disagree doesn't make them 'haters'. I haven't used many LMG's (other than a brief stint with the Lewis after I picked it up from an enemy), so can't comment on how bad it is across the board - although it was fine for that gun. Ultimately some horizontal recoil is always a good thing, especially as it can be in either direction as it forces the user to control the gun rather than them being laser beams.

I love how people on this forum have no idea what they are talking about but that doesn't stop them from giving an opinion. What an age we live in!. I had one guy who used one gun for a total of 11 secs but said that the new horizontal recoil on it was fine. 11 seconds!
    Had another guy tell me to ptfo while he had 250 flag caps to my 3000. Now we have you MR "I don't use the lmg but here is my opinion".
    The only people that like the new horizontal recoil on the lmg are the ones who never use the class. Funny how that is eh?
  • INCUBA3E-BF
    1944 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited February 15
    The BAR does bounce around more randomly I've noticed, still ablevto kill over 100ms like before if u micro burst the storm version

Disclaimer: I only use the support snd BAR mainly
  • HuwJarz
    3483 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

I love how people on this forum have no idea what they are talking about but that doesn't stop them from giving an opinion. What an age we live in!. I had one guy who used one gun for a total of 11 secs but said that the new horizontal recoil on it was fine. 11 seconds!
    Had another guy tell me to ptfo while he had 250 flag caps to my 3000. Now we have you MR "I don't use the lmg but here is my opinion".
    The only people that like the new horizontal recoil on the lmg are the ones who never use the class. Funny how that is eh?

Ive used the support class plenty and over the last few days tried out a few support weapons post TTK. I agree with Wetfish. Lying prone now teh LMG's are in easy mode. Like freaking laser beams and make open maps really hard to traverse. It used to be easy to dodge the sniper - just pit in some random movement patterns, but now its a nightmare with dozens of bullets raining in on you.

I hate TTK2, but also believe that the horizontal recoils is necessary in current state. I'd be far happier though if they just revert to how it was, and tweak the 5-6 weapons that needed tweaking.
  • WetFishDB

Just because I only used it for a bit (just over an hour in total), doesn't mean the recoil wasn't fine. How many kills or time would I have needed to get to know whether I can control the recoil? I picked up a gun I'd rarely used and was immediately effective with it. That screams that at least not all LMG's have as much of a recoil issue as you are claiming. I've since used it a few times by choice, and it was still effective then too.

Some will obviously have more recoil than others, and I would assume that's for balancing reasons so they don't become laser beams (perhaps they have a faster TTK etc). That feels like good balance to me. I haven't used all the support guns since the TTK changes, so can't comment on them all, but the Lewis is still an effective weapon - well, it is in competent hands anyway.
  • WetFishDB
    The BAR does bounce around more randomly I've noticed, still ablevto kill over 100ms like before if u micro burst the storm version

I used to love the BAR when I played Support, but it really was a little OP in CQC pre TTTK, especially compared to some SMG's (faster TTK than the MP18 for example). I haven't used it since the TTK changes, but might give it a go again tonight for a game or two to see how it fairs. What's the ADS time like on the Storm?
  • INCUBA3E-BF
    1944 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

I used to love the BAR when I played Support, but it really was a little OP in CQC pre TTTK, especially compared to some SMG's (faster TTK than the MP18 for example). I haven't used it since the TTK changes, but might give it a go again tonight for a game or two to see how it fairs. What's the ADS time like on the Storm?

Not sure, but u can defo feel the delay, but the storm is more mid range so ads isn't an issue coz your already aiming an firing before enemies engage, but I now swap between the storm and trench, depending on the map

for example I'll use the trench on maps like argonne since the hip fire makes more sense to use upclose

The trench is still decent at ranges like 60m+ but you do get more random bounce at range, give the trench ago, think of it like the MP18 of the support class, hip fire all day,mor at least start hip fire and then ads if need be, fun weapon
  • WetFishDB

Not sure, but u can defo feel the delay, but the storm is more mid range so ads isn't an issue coz your already aiming an firing before enemies engage, but I now swap between the storm and trench, depending on the map

for example I'll use the trench on maps like argonne since the hip fire makes more sense to use upclose

The trench is still decent at ranges like 60m+ but you do get more random bounce at range, give the trench ago, think of it like the MP18 of the support class, hip fire all day,mor at least start hip fire and then ads if need be, fun weapon

I thought pre-firing before the ADS completes was part of the post-TTK challenge with LMG's as it affected the spread. I don't play support often but may well give them both a go :)
  • WetFishDB
    Had another guy tell me to ptfo while he had 250 flag caps to my 3000.

I just saw that thread. He plays team deathmatch mostly, so comparing flags doesn't really make a whole lot of sense. And your stats do somewhat imply a slightly campy nature, especially when looked at under the context of your issues over bipoded horizontal recoil (although it now seems any horizontal recoil).
  • INCUBA3E-BF

I thought pre-firing before the ADS completes was part of the post-TTK challenge with LMG's as it affected the spread. I don't play support often but may well give them both a go :)

It probably does, but at close range the trench bar, it don't make that much difference
  • Ronin9572
    705 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    HuwJarz wrote: »

Ive used the support class plenty and over the last few days tried out a few support weapons post TTK. I agree with Wetfish. Lying prone now teh LMG's are in easy mode. Like freaking laser beams and make open maps really hard to traverse. It used to be easy to dodge the sniper - just pit in some random movement patterns, but now its a nightmare with dozens of bullets raining in on you.

I hate TTK2, but also believe that the horizontal recoils is necessary in current state. I'd be far happier though if they just revert to how it was, and tweak the 5-6 weapons that needed tweaking.

Totally agree with you on the map thing. Some maps you can't even advance on and than you have over half the team converting to scouts and no one moves forward! I used support class alot and kept up with my squad of assaults, now I just get shredded. Having to pre aim and go prone is a pain. Wasn't a big fan of the idea of TTK2.0 to begin with, not caring much for it in practice now. Watching my friends list dwindle down to nothing on a daily basis.
  • BEFLAR
    edited February 15
    Had another guy tell me to ptfo while he had 250 flag caps to my 3000.

I just saw that thread. He plays team deathmatch mostly, so comparing flags doesn't really make a whole lot of sense. And your stats do somewhat imply a slightly campy nature, especially when looked at under the context of your issues over bipoded horizontal recoil (although it now seems any horizontal recoil).

Didn't stop him from saying ptfo did it or sharing an opinion about something he knew nothing about.

I can understand if a gun kicks but it will always kick the same way, not left left left right left right right etc.

Look, if I pull a trigger and the gun kicks to the left then the next time I pull the trigger the gun should kick to the left, that is all I'm saying. Take the parbellum and bipod and shoot at a wall you will see what I mean.
  • INCUBA3E-BF
    Don't go full auto constantly, lmg first shot is the most accurate, so micro burst unless CQC, yes even on a bipod

I get so many kills with the BAR at long range doing this, the parrabellum is a high ROF gun, it has to have a down side, and that's spitting bullets everywhere

Swings and roundabouts
  • BEFLAR
    Don't go full auto constantly, lmg first shot is the most accurate, so micro burst unless CQC, yes even on a bipod

I get so many kills with the BAR at long range doing this, the parrabellum is a high ROF gun, it has to have a down side, and that's spitting bullets everywhere

Swings and roundabouts

Horizontal recoil breaks a gun. Vertical recoil does not.
  • SirTerrible
    716 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The changes made LMGs less fun to use aggressively and then less fun to play against as now everyone just bipods in windows or at choke points. Overall it was a bad patch for aggressive LMG players. Horizontal recoil isn't the top issue though, in fact personally I don't really even care about it. The ADS speed is the biggest problem and should probably be put back to how it was pre-patch on the smaller LMGs.
    -
    I'd almost go as far as to say the bipod changes weren't heavy enough. Yeah it's fun sniping people across the map with a bipod LMG but that's kind of silly. It makes campy play way too easy and hurts the overall flow of the game.
  • BEFLAR
    The changes made LMGs less fun to use aggressively and then less fun to play against as now everyone just bipods in windows or at choke points. Overall it was a bad patch for aggressive LMG players. Horizontal recoil isn't the top issue though, in fact personally I don't really even care about it. The ADS speed is the biggest problem and should probably be put back to how it was pre-patch on the smaller LMGs.
    -
    I'd almost go as far as to say the bipod changes weren't heavy enough. Yeah it's fun sniping people across the map with a bipod LMG but that's kind of silly. It makes campy play way too easy and hurts the overall flow of the game.
    What is your PS4 name so I can see that your favorite class is a scout...