Weekly BF

Has anyone else switched games because of the recent patch?

Comments

• MigueTK
    679 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Gforce81 wrote: »
    MigueTK wrote: »
    While I liked playing parts of far cry, I could never really invest time into more than one gametype. I usually play one FPS or one RPG and rarely nothing else. Sadly I wish I had more time to play games, but can only use up my precious free time to play one at a time. I have chosen battlefield as my main shooter since 1942. Maybe the reason I like the frag rounds so much is because the drop off reminds me of the Panzerschrek sp?? from 1942.

Also I beat FFXV before all the new updates and don't have space to reinstall it, but are the additions any good? Last I heard they added multiplayer and I would reinstall that if it is fun and maybe delete Battlefield again. Either that or Monster Hunter that has been looking real good to me...

I can say, Honster Munter has been pretty fantastic. I've never touched a game of theirs before, but its been pretty fun. Weapon mechanics remind me slightly of Bloodborne (super favorite of mine) but its co-op oriented as opposed to the PvP Bloodborne focused on.

Gives you plenty of options as far as things to try; plenty of playstyles to choose from. No skill tree; all your "powers/skills" etc come from what weapons/armor you have on.

So you can go from using the heavy bowgun, change out your gear at a loadout box, to a closer range Gunlance no problem. I like that it doesn't glue you to one way of playing for most of a playthrough

I tried the demo and loved it, although I have played monster hunter before on the PSP and am worried about their trademarked super grind fest to get that one part to craft. I guess that's part of its appeal though, if the gameplay is fun enough, it will keep you coming back for more, unlike a recently patched shooter that we know.....

I really shouldn't be spending money right now with all the birthdays I gotta save up for -.- except monster hunter is really tempting me right now, and the excitement I have for BF1 after work is replaced with frustration now.
  • MigueTK
    679 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    I'm on a hiatus away from BF1. I'm playing Monster Hunter World instead. I'm generally performing about the same or better compared to how I was pre-TTK2. I just don't have as much fun in BF1 anymore since the update, so I need some time away from it.

What I find funny is that my stats have slightly gone up since the patch, not by much though. I haven't been playing as seriously with the viable weapons since I'm still working on unlocks. When I do get my head in the game though, it seems like I am doing better but its not fun and as much as I love BF4 I am getting tired of it since nobody plays the DLC maps anymore. Like you I will most likely take a break from my favorite genre and go back to an RPG FFXV or Monster Hunter..
  • IG-Calibre
    978 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    kinda used to the new TTK now, still feel it's a bit meh, only in that i'm just too slow it's frustrating at times, but then what really grinds my gears is the team balance, constantly being on teams getting smashed is soul destroying, looking there at my last 15 games or so, 11 were loses & most matches were just spawn trap battles lasting for several hundred tickets, uuuuuuugh!
  • Khronikos
    2146 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    For sure. Not all because of the patch, but definitely TTK makes me not want to come back.

Operations are literal meat grinders with janky **** revives everywhere even more so than before. It's like hyper revive zone.

This patch is horrible. So now I have been playing for Battlefront 2, GT Sport, and single players games. Doing other things with my time. BF1 is a fun game, but they made the TTK too small for how hectic things get on these maps for my liking.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1492 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm on a hiatus away from BF1. I'm playing Monster Hunter World instead. I'm generally performing about the same or better compared to how I was pre-TTK2. I just don't have as much fun in BF1 anymore since the update, so I need some time away from it.

What I find funny is that my stats have slightly gone up since the patch, not by much though. I haven't been playing as seriously with the viable weapons since I'm still working on unlocks. When I do get my head in the game though, it seems like I am doing better but its not fun and as much as I love BF4 I am getting tired of it since nobody plays the DLC maps anymore. Like you I will most likely take a break from my favorite genre and go back to an RPG FFXV or Monster Hunter..

Right, and you bring up a good point, in that the pro sayers continue to say "my stats went up dramatically, thank you DICE". But then i'm looking at all the cries for nerfs of the past year (and i've cried for nerfs), and we were told to "git gud". And so, if i wanted to play this game that i really wanted to like, i had to do just that.

So, i busted my behind to make this game at least playable and fun for me, ONLY for them to hold the hand of those who did not.

And so it seems, they tried to implement something to fluff peoples stats, and in many cases may have even backfired at that , only for those who did work hard, to get an "Affliction" mode to make them suck??????

Again, i don't want anyone to lose their jobs, but something went very wrong here.
  • Khronikos
    2146 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I should have clarified that the casuals were the people that got into the game during the holidays based purely on the setting, and the steep drop off that followed means that most left. While I do agree that positioning is more important now, it seems that it's mostly irrelevant because things happen so much more quickly. I have noticed that it's rare to be left with a small amount of health after encounters that are like mid range to close range, what happens is that either one of us dies with no chance to reposition and get away. Personally I have seen way more camping on LMG bipods on conquest as well. I mostly played TDM to unlock the weapons that I wanted to and before the patch I could use the 1895 Trench in CQC and come out OK, except now it's mostly irrelevant at such close range, I do understand that its two shot kill potential was buffed but I admit that I suck at that range with iron sights. I still think scouts should be viable in CQC to help a squad capture a flag and zone lanes with their "claymores" and spot enemies with their flares.

As far as bland gunplay that's pretty much exactly what you said, rock paper scissors. Because of the new stats tuning, using anything other than the guns DICE wants us to leads to the same boring weapons that are now clearly over represented (noobreigel). There are no niche outliers that can be viable within their respective class. For example, the AN-94 in BF4 has a faster rate of fire in burst mode. I would use it with a bipod and heavy barrel and pretty much use it as a three shot sniper rifle. good times.

I guess it boils down to a matter of choice? Do I want to play the game the way I want to, or play it the way DICE wants us to?

This is not what I wanted from BF1. I didn't want run n gun, but I didn't want doorway gameplay either where a team all just sits there being pummeled moving forward now and then. It's not even realistic since you have medics reviving EVEN MORE. The TTK patch should have stayed its butt in CTE. Good riddance. I have better things to do. While it lasted BF1 was great. They killed it for me atm.

I was way too far into getting unlocks to get a patch like this that changes everything again.
  • MigueTK
    Khronikos wrote: »
    For sure. Not all because of the patch, but definitely TTK makes me not want to come back.

Operations are literal meat grinders with janky **** revives everywhere even more so than before. It's like hyper revive zone.

This patch is horrible. So now I have been playing for Battlefront 2, GT Sport, and single players games. Doing other things with my time. BF1 is a fun game, but they made the TTK too small for how hectic things get on these maps for my liking.

Yeah I actually never really liked operations that much and now even less. It's weird like it almost turned the game into a meatgrinder with campers now if that makes sense. It made the hillhumpers more pronounced and the COD kiddies stick out more. Maybe they should reduce the respawn timer since it's clearly what the players want, faster faster faster. I would actually not mind if they tweaked the respawn and revive mechanic since the skip revive feature was one of the worst things I think they could have done to medics. Maybe they can't change it back and don't have the capabilities to do so and reinforced this by making downed enemies spotted. It doesn't make much difference since randoms skip after being spotted anyways.
  • MigueTK
    Khronikos wrote: »
    I should have clarified that the casuals were the people that got into the game during the holidays based purely on the setting, and the steep drop off that followed means that most left. While I do agree that positioning is more important now, it seems that it's mostly irrelevant because things happen so much more quickly. I have noticed that it's rare to be left with a small amount of health after encounters that are like mid range to close range, what happens is that either one of us dies with no chance to reposition and get away. Personally I have seen way more camping on LMG bipods on conquest as well. I mostly played TDM to unlock the weapons that I wanted to and before the patch I could use the 1895 Trench in CQC and come out OK, except now it's mostly irrelevant at such close range, I do understand that its two shot kill potential was buffed but I admit that I suck at that range with iron sights. I still think scouts should be viable in CQC to help a squad capture a flag and zone lanes with their "claymores" and spot enemies with their flares.

As far as bland gunplay that's pretty much exactly what you said, rock paper scissors. Because of the new stats tuning, using anything other than the guns DICE wants us to leads to the same boring weapons that are now clearly over represented (noobreigel). There are no niche outliers that can be viable within their respective class. For example, the AN-94 in BF4 has a faster rate of fire in burst mode. I would use it with a bipod and heavy barrel and pretty much use it as a three shot sniper rifle. good times.

I guess it boils down to a matter of choice? Do I want to play the game the way I want to, or play it the way DICE wants us to?

This is not what I wanted from BF1. I didn't want run n gun, but I didn't want doorway gameplay either where a team all just sits there being pummeled moving forward now and then. It's not even realistic since you have medics reviving EVEN MORE. The TTK patch should have stayed its butt in CTE. Good riddance. I have better things to do. While it lasted BF1 was great. They killed it for me atm.

I was way too far into getting unlocks to get a patch like this that changes everything again.

I couldn't quite put my finger on it earlier but you bring up a good point, it's the rhythm of the game that has been changed and feels off. Like there's spikes to the game filled with hectic fights and bland engagements at the same time, it's bizzare and can't put it into words.
  • MigueTK

Right, and you bring up a good point, in that the pro sayers continue to say "my stats went up dramatically, thank you DICE". But then i'm looking at all the cries for nerfs of the past year (and i've cried for nerfs), and we were told to "git gud". And so, if i wanted to play this game that i really wanted to like, i had to do just that.

So, i busted my behind to make this game at least playable and fun for me, ONLY for them to hold the hand of those who did not.

And so it seems, they tried to implement something to fluff peoples stats, and in many cases may have even backfired at that , only for those who did work hard, to get an "Affliction" mode to make them suck??????

Again, i don't want anyone to lose their jobs, but something went very wrong here.

Honestly stats are meaningless beyond a certain point and eventually just show how long someone has played the game. It could be argued that someone that has played the game longer is better than a noob, but there could just be a superficial difference between a level 20 and 80. I was level 20 for the longest since I took a break initially and was doing good against other players. It's the core idea of this patch that can be quoted from DICE, they want to make mistakes more forgiving. It doesn't matter if your accuracy is ****, as long as you spam more bullets you win. There simple as that. Engagement ranges? Who cares when the majority of the game happens to be CQC flag captures.
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1378 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think it's a vocal minority that really likes BF1. There are tons of defenders of the game on here, you can tell because in a hate thread there's 1 negative comment to 10 defensive ones.

I've been playing BF since BF2 and BF1 doesn't really even feel like a true Battlefield. It feels lke Hardline, a spin-off. Because of this I gave up on the game a long time ago. I recently picked it back ip because I was bored and the game has gotten even worse.

I don't think I'll buy another DICE game. All their latest ones have been sub par to say the least.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6941 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'm trolling the SWBF2 forums more.
  • Khronikos
    I think it's a vocal minority that really likes BF1. There are tons of defenders of the game on here, you can tell because in a hate thread there's 1 negative comment to 10 defensive ones.

I've been playing BF since BF2 and BF1 doesn't really even feel like a true Battlefield. It feels lke Hardline, a spin-off. Because of this I gave up on the game a long time ago. I recently picked it back ip because I was bored and the game has gotten even worse.

I don't think I'll buy another DICE game. All their latest ones have been sub par to say the least.

Ehh IDK man the game was just fine before this. No one is even arguing the game was bad. It was always going to be different being in WW1. But there was no reason for this patch.
  • -Bl1tzTurk-
    399 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited February 2018
    After 2 games im getting bored and quitting the game. The TTK2 disaster is well known now. Dont have to repeat it. But what really kills the game is the trash balance system + the new "casual" community that doesnt care about it. The most domination games i enter is unbalanced. One team has high levels and other team is full with low levels that running around like headless chickens or camping in corners because they are afraid to confrontate somebody face to face. You hope that some experienced guys on enemy team sees the unbalanced situation and expect from them to switch sides but no... and also spawn system is terrible. And i dont have to tell you guys about the latency issues. In day or evening your gun kills slower and in night your gun kills faster. How the muck i can adapt my self to this??

This game changed in to comedy. The game got boring not because of the maps but the whole unlogic mechanism behind it. So whats the point of adding games(DLC's) to the game? The damn game got bigger and bigger and almost touches the 100GB but its still boring..

• ProAssassin2003
    3513 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CTE and You Tube has hurt this game.
  • S_crote77
    238 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yep.
    Got plenty of games to finish, because I really enjoyed bf1 so much, and that's all I played. Now after last patch i don't even think I'll bother with the last dlc.
  • AlotOfThunder
    1545 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2018
    I still play regularly.
  • RossP317
    212 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Playing much less.

Gone from a few hours every night to a couple of games of Conquest every second night. Last night summed up why. A win and a loss with 300-400 ticket margins. Numerous spawn deaths, medic snipes and losing CQB to Assault when I had the jump on them.

I genuinely loved the game. My first proper FPS after dabbling with SWBF and I really liked the historical context and learned a lot from it. The fun has gone out of it though. I've been that "just one more round" at 1:30am when I'm up for work at 6. Now only the OCD completionist keeps me going.
  • astraussdc
    356 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I don't play it anymore since the patch. Not sure if I will again even when Apocalypse comes out. If the gameplay isn't fun then a new set of maps changes nothing. Just new scenery to be miserable in. I stuck with their needless tinkering through the game's lifespan even as they ruined my favorite class (cavalry) and killed off my favorite mode (40 Man Ops), but this one did me in. As far as I'm concerned I don't own BF1 anymore. They took that game back without giving me a refund, and replaced it with some garbage FPS title I don't want. So I'm presently playing Warframe, Mount & Blade: Warband, and trying to get Kingdom Come to work, hoping something good comes down the pike in the upcoming I can really get interested in the way I was for BF1 at its height.
  • G-Gnu
    1448 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2018
    MarbleDuck and the Symthic brigade tell us to adapt.

Fair enough. I adapt.

I get called a camper because I adapted to the new LMG meta.

You can't win with these 'competitive', 'hardcore' players. Use a Hellriegel/Automatico/Shotgun in CQB, and they'll whine. Use an SLR at mid-range, and they'll whine. Use an LMG from a defensive position, and they'll whine. Use a bolt-action rifle at it's intended range, and they'll whine. Nothing but whining, no matter how you play the game. They wanted a TTK change, and when you try to change your own playstyle to actually do well in the game, they complain to no end. Apparently, you aren't a true BF player unless you you're running and gunning with a goddamn LMG or SLR at CQB, even though that is a death sentence now.

It's actually a bit hilarious.

Yeah, i hear you.
    Adapt.....ppfff and baaah. They messed it up and they know it.
    Statistic and real world can be really far away from each other sometimes.
    I might do slightly better after the new TTK , but it´s less fun and imo the pigeonhole between classes guns is one of the factors this is a mess and the freakish fetish for hipshot .