Weekly BF

Has anyone else switched games because of the recent patch?

Comments

• Ram1c
    4167 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've just been playing less because I don't want my kd to skyrocket up to 4-6 and be classified as a tryhard.
  • S_crote77
    238 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ram1c wrote: »
    I've just been playing less because I don't want my kd to skyrocket up to 4-6 and be classified as a tryhard.

Thought you were
  • Ram1c
    4167 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    S_crote77 wrote: »

Thought you were

Maybe I am, I'm no authority.
  • abc1434286920
    447 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2018
    RossP317 wrote: »
    Playing much less.

Gone from a few hours every night to a couple of games of Conquest every second night. Last night summed up why. A win and a loss with 300-400 ticket margins. Numerous spawn deaths, medic snipes and losing CQB to Assault when I had the jump on them.

I genuinely loved the game. My first proper FPS after dabbling with SWBF and I really liked the historical context and learned a lot from it. The fun has gone out of it though. I've been that "just one more round" at 1:30am when I'm up for work at 6. Now only the OCD completionist keeps me going.

Same here, only difference is I get up at 7am....
  • S_crote77
    238 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Thought you were

I'll have to ask a YouTube, they have all the authoritar.
    Keep on keeping on ;)
  • S_crote77

Thought you were

I'll have to ask a YouTuber, they have all the authoritar.
    Keep on keeping on ;)

• olavafar
    1982 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'm very single minded when it comes to games and I will probably play this one until BF 2018 comes out. Though I'm not fond of the new TTK, it did not affect my personal game that much. Matches are less balanced now but as I do not care much about win/loss it does not matter to me.

From clan perspective I can see that many of my clan friends has stopped playing or play a lot less. We used to be 5-8 players more or less every evening all week but lately I have been grinding on my own a lot. All are 'veteran' BF players (Dads Army was founded for playing BF 1942) and I suppose this close of skill gap had a bad effect on their experience. Most of them, unlike me, do not use vehicles either (when in a vehicle, there is basically no difference at all in the game play).
  • EdwinSpangler
    1785 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Ive certainly gone over to bf4 a few hours more than I would have..
  • MigueTK
    679 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    olavafar wrote: »
    I'm very single minded when it comes to games and I will probably play this one until BF 2018 comes out. Though I'm not fond of the new TTK, it did not affect my personal game that much. Matches are less balanced now but as I do not care much about win/loss it does not matter to me.

From clan perspective I can see that many of my clan friends has stopped playing or play a lot less. We used to be 5-8 players more or less every evening all week but lately I have been grinding on my own a lot. All are 'veteran' BF players (Dads Army was founded for playing BF 1942) and I suppose this close of skill gap had a bad effect on their experience. Most of them, unlike me, do not use vehicles either (when in a vehicle, there is basically no difference at all in the game play).

I wonder what your clanmates have switched to, was it another FPS or just a break in general? OMG you just reminded me of an old server I used to play on for day of defeat, it's called angry old farts and is probably still active. I may have seen your clan back in the day, did you guys run BF2 servers? I've been playing since 1942, same as you! We couldn't afford a computer back then to run the game, so we went to a LAN center. I made an account with the same name for BF2, except we would mostly play with the house accounts since they had the better weapons. Man that brings back good memories =)
  • MigueTK
    679 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    MarbleDuck and the Symthic brigade tell us to adapt.

Fair enough. I adapt.

I get called a camper because I adapted to the new LMG meta.

You can't win with these 'competitive', 'hardcore' players. Use a Hellriegel/Automatico/Shotgun in CQB, and they'll whine. Use an SLR at mid-range, and they'll whine. Use an LMG from a defensive position, and they'll whine. Use a bolt-action rifle at it's intended range, and they'll whine. Nothing but whining, no matter how you play the game. They wanted a TTK change, and when you try to change your own playstyle to actually do well in the game, they complain to no end. Apparently, you aren't a true BF player unless you you're running and gunning with a goddamn LMG or SLR at CQB, even though that is a death sentence now.

It's actually a bit hilarious.

You know, I wonder if this patch is like a litmus test to see if DICE can have a unified battlefield. So hear me out on my ramblings. With the announcement of incursions, it's obvious that daddy EA wants a slice of that sweet sweet "esports" revenue pie. Since incursions is going to be a "pro" level competitive battlefield, I think they created this TTK patch to test the waters so to speak. This patch is like a precursor to what incursions matches are going to be like, and they wanted to see how the general community will react. That doesn't mean us, the forum visitor, that doesn't mean the so called youtubers, it means the regular people that play without checking up on the news. I think they wanted to see how the metrics add up so they can tweak incursions. How players play, how long they play and other data for their analysis. I don't think the population of incursions is large enough to get this kind of input, and it would only be from a very specific demographic. I turned off my telemetry reports btw, the only data they need is if I play or not.

It's a very very difficult design problem, how can they make a game that's "casual" enough to be appealing to the general population, but complex and deep enough for skilled players to play competitively? Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but I think they want to have incursions and battlefield as unified games, they want incursions to be seen as an extra mode of battlefield (like comp in overwattch) and not like a separate game or worse, a spinoff. So they can pitch this new mode as something you can do and be good at just by playing the game regularly, like overwatch. The new patch is guiding us to this "unified" battlefield i think.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3409 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    MigueTK wrote: »

Fair enough. I adapt.

You can't win with these 'competitive', 'hardcore' players. Use a Hellriegel/Automatico/Shotgun in CQB, and they'll whine. Use an SLR at mid-range, and they'll whine. Use an LMG from a defensive position, and they'll whine. Use a bolt-action rifle at it's intended range, and they'll whine. Nothing but whining, no matter how you play the game. They wanted a TTK change, and when you try to change your own playstyle to actually do well in the game, they complain to no end. Apparently, you aren't a true BF player unless you you're running and gunning with a goddamn LMG or SLR at CQB, even though that is a death sentence now.

You know, I wonder if this patch is like a litmus test to see if DICE can have a unified battlefield. So hear me out on my ramblings. With the announcement of incursions, it's obvious that daddy EA wants a slice of that sweet sweet "esports" revenue pie. Since incursions is going to be a "pro" level competitive battlefield, I think they created this TTK patch to test the waters so to speak. This patch is like a precursor to what incursions matches are going to be like, and they wanted to see how the general community will react. That doesn't mean us, the forum visitor, that doesn't mean the so called youtubers, it means the regular people that play without checking up on the news. I think they wanted to see how the metrics add up so they can tweak incursions. How players play, how long they play and other data for their analysis. I don't think the population of incursions is large enough to get this kind of input, and it would only be from a very specific demographic. I turned off my telemetry reports btw, the only data they need is if I play or not.

It's a very very difficult design problem, how can they make a game that's "casual" enough to be appealing to the general population, but complex and deep enough for skilled players to play competitively? Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but I think they want to have incursions and battlefield as unified games, they want incursions to be seen as an extra mode of battlefield (like comp in overwattch) and not like a separate game or worse, a spinoff. So they can pitch this new mode as something you can do and be good at just by playing the game regularly, like overwatch. The new patch is guiding us to this "unified" battlefield i think.

If they wanted to 'unify' the playerbase, they have failed quite spectacularly - so many people are at each other's throats here because of this one change.
  • TEKNOCODE
    11054 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Pretty much moved on. I might give it a go this weekend, but I highly doubt it.
  • MigueTK
    MigueTK wrote: »

Fair enough. I adapt.

If they wanted to 'unify' the playerbase, they have failed quite spectacularly - so many people are at each other's throats here because of this one change.

Oh I meant it for the next battlefield, BF1 is at its end anyways and is barely limping along.
  • Ram1c
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    Pretty much moved on. I might give it a go this weekend, but I highly doubt it.

Winners never quit and quitters never win.
  • fortress66
    344 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2018

Fair enough. I adapt.

People are overly dramatic. I play support the most and use the bar storm and parabelum low weight and i still win close combat against assault, medics. IM doing better than before.. I dont need to camp behind. Stop with the non sense. First 2 3 nights after the patch dropped, i had an hard time but its now good and i play close to the action with no problem.
  • Khronikos
    2146 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Literally zero desire to play this game at all anymore. Doubt I will be coming back. When they patch up their latest mess in Star Wars I will go back there. This game is simply not fun to me anymore.

All they needed to do was balance a few guns. A few small buffs to support weapons and a couple others with a very few amount of nerfs.

Instead, they just ruined the whole thing.

I don't have time for it. F this game.
  • Sir-Praise-a-lot
    455 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    No. And even if I "switch" then because of some other game releasing and not because of a BF1 patch.
  • MigueTK
    No. And even if I "switch" then because of some other game releasing and not because of a BF1 patch.

You still play BF4?
  • BrianLocal1
    514 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've been playing less, but COD WW2 kinda sucks now, so I havn't found a better WW sim yet.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6828 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I've been playing less, but COD WW2 kinda sucks now, so I havn't found a better WW sim yet.

Did they add infinite sprint or it still goes on cooldown after a few seconds?