Weekly BF

Has anyone else switched games because of the recent patch?

1235»

Comments

• Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2018
    You guys must be playing a different game if you aren't seeing the blatantly obvious balancing issues this game has. The vast majority of games I have joined have been incredibly unbalanced (not just last night, but before that as well). Occasionally I'll find one that isn't, but I can't be bothered to waste so much time looking for one all the time. Especially when, like I said, there was only a single screen's worth of populated Conquest servers up in the US.
  • LieutenantVixen
    216 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'm away from home for week but when I get back I'm going right back to playing. I haven't loved a BF game this much since BF3, which is ironic since I consider BF3 not only worse than BF1 but BF4 as well.

I'm really convinced at this point that people are pissed because they have not, or refuse to, change how they play (however slight it is, and it IS slight, this is not a MASSIVE change) to adapt to the patch, and so their old tactics no longer work.

And as for server balancing, you can only balance if you have a good skill statistic, which we dont and never will. I dunno how you've survived Battlefield for this long tbh, this isn't anything new.
  • Ram1c
    4167 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm away from home for week but when I get back I'm going right back to playing. I haven't loved a BF game this much since BF3, which is ironic since I consider BF3 not only worse than BF1 but BF4 as well.

I'm really convinced at this point that people are pissed because they have not, or refuse to, change how they play (however slight it is, and it IS slight, this is not a MASSIVE change) to adapt to the patch, and so their old tactics no longer work.

And as for server balancing, you can only balance if you have a good skill statistic, which we dont and never will. I dunno how you've survived Battlefield for this long tbh, this isn't anything new.

Ehhhh not really, I've been stomping even harder post patch and I have no problem adapting to anything in every game I've played. It just feels twitchy and tactless now, I still have fun but not as much as I did before.
  • MigueTK
    679 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The balance is completely off. I've found a couple decent matches but I'd say it's less than 10% of matches played are balanced now. So Yes I have left and am playing more BF4 and other games.

As a nice change of pace I started playing commander again, you should try it out if running and gunning gets old. It feels so good to have a competent squad leader that calls out for scans/orders and uses the supply drops. I wish more people would play commander mode when I'm infantry, it seems like it's an underused feature and I just wish I could play it from my tablet again =(
  • MigueTK
    679 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Ram1c wrote: »

Ehhhh not really, I've been stomping even harder post patch and I have no problem adapting to anything in every game I've played. It just feels twitchy and tactless now, I still have fun but not as much as I did before.

See that's the same feeling I got, if I want twitchy shooters I'd play Titanfall 2 or COD. It's not fun on BF1, it doesn't fit with the style to me and is not fun. Hell if you play the new way DICE wants you to, then the game got way easier.
  • LieutenantVixen
    216 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    MigueTK wrote: »

See that's the same feeling I got, if I want twitchy shooters I'd play Titanfall 2 or COD. It's not fun on BF1, it doesn't fit with the style to me and is not fun. Hell if you play the new way DICE wants you to, then the game got way easier.

But, wait, BF4 was even more twitchy. So do you hate BF4 too? Because if not that doesn't make sense.

It's also only as twitchy as you make it. Twitch reflexes don't matter if you get blindsided and don't have time to snap to target because the TTK is lower.
  • IG-Calibre
    978 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    +80 damage is pretty much seared into my brain now playing as a medic as it is what usually accompanies death in CQC.
  • Ram1c
    4167 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

But, wait, BF4 was even more twitchy. So do you hate BF4 too? Because if not that doesn't make sense.

It's also only as twitchy as you make it. Twitch reflexes don't matter if you get blindsided and don't have time to snap to target because the TTK is lower.

It does matter if you're playing the assault class because you have the fastest ttk and support up close is now either hipfire or try and suffer through the ads time.
  • MigueTK

The twitchy gameplay fits the modern setting, and that's just my opinion. I also said that it doesn't make sense for BF1 to move to that kind of gameplay because we already have that game which is BF4. I love BF4 more than BF1 and if its trying to play like BF4, then why not play it instead? That's exactly what I'm doing now, I test my patience for like an hour of BF1 and the rest is BF4. Personally I absolutely hate all iron/optic sights in the game and can't stand any of them, and the only thing keeping me on BF1 was the different gameplay with a slower TTK.
  • dragonslayerxxx1
    43 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    Tried playing last night for a little. Each of the 3 games I joined was one team getting spawn farmed.

Play some more. Because this unbalanced servers argument infecting the forums has taken a life of its own. Play some more and see, plenty of balanced games.

My baby had nightmares last night and I found TTK 2.0 hiding under her bed removing balance from BF1 matches.

Crybabies brought monster known as TTK 2.0 so it seems legit.
  • KrugHerder
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I wanted to give DICE a chance to redeem themselves with some reversals of the TTK2.0 patch but then I got to the weapon balance part of this updates notes and saw automatico got buffed... So yeah. Here's to hoping the new BF game will be balanced like this game was before TTK2.0.
  • nefariouscheat
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

thank you! Tell em!

• S_crote77
    238 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Beep beep
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2018
    Motafied wrote: »

thank you! Tell em!

Tell em what? A load of nonsense?

Like I said, people really aren't having trouble adapting at all. You can adapt to something and still dislike it.

And they can certainly do more to better balance this game.
  • LieutenantVixen

thank you! Tell em!

Like I said, people really aren't having trouble adapting at all. You can adapt to something and still dislike it.

I guess there's no point in even arguing the point anymore. I simply don't have any real problem with the changes made or the changes required to playstyle (which in my case were few, since I played that way anyway). It was not actually necessary, I will admit, but simply don't see how it ruins the game. I guess all I can hope is that most people don't quit so I still have people to play with.
  • MilwArchGuy
    115 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah, I switched from playing Star Wars Battlefront II back to BF1 when I saw there was a new patch. I haven't had time to test out much besides Air Assault, which so far is pretty awesome. I have yet to play as a soldier, so I'll have to see tomorrow what other changes have been made. But I'm excited about playing BF1 again, so they must be doing something right.
  • Sixclicks

thank you! Tell em!

I guess there's no point in even arguing the point anymore. I simply don't have any real problem with the changes made or the changes required to playstyle (which in my case were few, since I played that way anyway). It was not actually necessary, I will admit, but simply don't see how it ruins the game. I guess all I can hope is that most people don't quit so I still have people to play with.

That's perfectly fine if that's you're opinion of it. I don't have any issues with that. Just don't try to discredit other's opinions on it based on assumptions that they just aren't adapting. I mean, I'm sure that's the case for some people, but I wouldn't assume that for the majority of those who don't like it.

I've been taking a break from the game myself, but I don't really plan on quitting just because I don't like the changes. I was thinking about trying again today until I saw the lag issues they introduced with today's update. I don't really want to deal with that.