What is going on with the balance?

BobsAndVegane
1252 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
It's no secret that most games are stacked. However, normally one team would lose by like 300 or 400 points. Lately, I've noticed a trend. EVERY game I've been in resulted in one team losing by like 700 or 800 points. One team manages to capture all the important flags, and the other team inevitably gets pushed back to their spawn or one or two of their gimme flags.

It's like the balancer was purposely made worse somehow, but I know that isn't the case. Has anyone else noticed this? It's not a fun experience no matter what team you're on.

Comments

• NANACHl
    169 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited February 17
    Yeah it is not good,to be winner in such team makes weapon unlocks and assigments impossible. To be loser in such team is frustrating at every level.

It ends up being 32 vs 12 supports shooting mortars at each other in game where one team has 1900tickets and the other 0 to 500

but it is not new thing at all,maybe you are just less lucky now
  • Ice_Queen_NL
    261 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    When will you fix the matchmaking/teambalance in this game? 3 weeks before the next Battlefield launches, or never? :( Take a look at the scoreboard. Another countless rank 130 players in the enemy team, we have 1 and our team was getting owned. This is happening too often. And even more after the latest patch, or it's just a placebo effect?! but it feels like it's happening way more often then before.

https://i.imgur.com/fiQaP4O.png
  • lucidstorm
    1738 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    the most horrible balance in any game at any time in human history

even worse than SWBF
  • Puckerbucket
    692 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    @BobsAndVegane just out of curiosity, what region were you playing in? Only asking because of some data collection I'm running...
  • lucidstorm
    1738 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    anybody going to fix the balancer? this is really easy to do,
    I am not interested in events, medals, DLCs and whatnot if the basic game system is not addressed
  • TectonicGuns
    204 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    You are equating Score lopsidedness with balance. A big part of this score issue is the scoring system itself. Reverting back to BF4 scheme would see better "balance" overall.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    374 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Well, what i'm having to do after the gun change, is continually play on the "Defending" side. Using an Infantry Rifle, you can't seem to be on the attack and be effective. You have to be long range, and on the defense.

Or at times, if we're getting squashed, i'll just switch sides or leave for another game. In total, maybe some folks are changing sides in so the game can playable for them after the gun changes.
  • lucidstorm
    edited February 17
    You are equating Score lopsidedness with balance.

I really can't understand how people find it fun to win 7000-0 and play vs 20 players with a full 32 man squad
  • lucidstorm
    edited February 17
    it has been trash since day 0 for me (the balancer)

its a pity because this game is decent, just few issues need to be addressed. I like to play bf1 inbetween bf3 sessions. More arcade and dumb game but different and somewhat funny
    9/10 my game is ruined by poor balance
  • BaconRebellion
    2140 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It has been extremely horrible this past week. Its to the point that I dont even want to play this game anymore. Its terrible. Its like they are actively trying to ruin this game and turn it into a paid beta for BF2018
  • aseveredfoot
    2287 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It's the worst on linear game modes and maps, I've noticed.

Won a bunch of Conquest rounds 1000-290 and 1000-340, and all the frontlines matches I played were over in about 7 minutes with the top players getting 15-17 kills max cause the losing team didn't really even try to fight back.

It's not fun in the least to be on either side of these landslides.
  • BobsAndVegane
    1252 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    @BobsAndVegane just out of curiosity, what region were you playing in? Only asking because of some data collection I'm running...

North America.
  • BobsAndVegane
    You are equating Score lopsidedness with balance. A big part of this score issue is the scoring system itself. Reverting back to BF4 scheme would see better "balance" overall.

What? I mentioned the score because it was one of the results of the unbalanced nature of the matches. I can only think of one match I've played (taking all gamemodes into account) since Friday that didn't look like the screenshot I posted from that Operations match this morning.
  • Monranian
    162 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I just recently completed the operation campaign for some more scraps. So I joined in a game as an attacker on Oil of Empires and my team obviously had the advantage. Most of the people over level 100 were on my team, and we won the operation without losing a single battalion.

Next game, I figured the game would get balanced since the last operation was objectively one sided. The result? I'll post a screenshot. All the level 130s have a red tic mark next to them, and all the over level 100s have a green tic mark next to them. Not necessarily because they must be good, but because they should know the most about the game.

Unbalance.jpg

It goes without saying that we won.

This happens quite often.
    Usually, you can predict with 90% precision which side is going to win an operation, solely based on how many 130s/100+s each team has...
  • Puckerbucket
    lots of experimenting and data collection. Still more analysis to do, but I can CONFIRM this is an east coast US server issue. Much like the East servers are NOT going to recognize/display platoon flags . They're also NOT going to balance teams. This is why we have some posters talking about "it's no worse than ever." They're not play US East. It IS worse than ever.
  • moosehunter1969
    833 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    In every thread that addresses the current balancing issues, you get one or two guys who show up insisting that nothing has changed, it's always been this way. NO. It has NOT. Every single match now is a landslide one way or the other. Maybe 1 out of 20 games is close, the rest are trash.

Exaggeration doesn’t help. I’ve had some really close games recently, many with less than 50 points in it by the end and one where which finished 1000-999. The level of the player doesn’t equate to skill just played a lot, I’ve played a lot but I ain’t got no skill, it’s not an advantage having me on your side despite my high level.
  • Puckerbucket
    edited February 18

there is no exaggeration. Stop it. anyone with any sense can play through five matches of conquest. Stop trying to deny facts.

• Puckerbucket

Exaggeration doesn’t help. I’ve had some really close games recently, many with less than 50 points in it by the end and one where which finished 1000-999. The level of the player doesn’t equate to skill just played a lot, I’ve played a lot but I ain’t got no skill, it’s not an advantage having me on your side despite my high level.

My platoon is casual; we're not MilSim and not competitive. Just friends who play together. We won 11 of 12 matches tonight in a row, on Conquest, and the vast majority by more than 500 points. So overpowered that guys were quitting left and right just because it was boring. We've been on the other side of the ball as well... some nights the balance is so insane that you just can't even function.
    This forum has THREAD after THREAD addressing this topic, but there is always you. That ONE guy that insists it's not a problem.
    You are wrong. NOT everyone else.