No Mouse or Keyboard at all on main menu

mashblade
1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Hi I built a brand new gaming PC and purchased Battlefield 4 as my first game. I got it all downloaded but when I launch the game it starts the main menu and I cant do anything as there is no mouse or keyboard input. If i press Windows button or Alt + Tab I can get out of the game and my keyboard and mouse work fine in the game. I downloaded Plants vs Zombies as it was a free game and my mouse and keyboard works with this. I also purchased PUBG on Steam and this also works fine. I decided to completely wipe my PC and reload Windows fresh again, bearing in mind its only 2 weeks old but after reloading a fresh copy of Windows I still have the same problems.

I contacted Origin support but they have not been much help and I am disappointed to be honest. I was told to put this problem on the forum and thats all the help I got. Please help!

Comments

• NotSoooPro
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I'm having the same issue...
  • RustedRoot
    2709 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Don't use the UI menu. Join Battlefield by going to Battlelog.

Do not launch the game from Origin.

Open Origin, login, minimize
    Go here and login then go to the server browser and join one.
    http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4
  • mashblade
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I have tried this and still nothing. I have even tried running the game in a windows and my mouse works in the OS but as soon as i go over the windowed game it disappears. Really frustrated with this.
  • Malvich780
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    After a long absence, I decided to play a few games. I started Origin and then Battlefield and bumped into this. All my drivers are up to date and I tried to repair Battlefield 4 and nothing worked. Anyone know how to fix this?
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1QjEsI8k-i1I-Fbv2r1ZYieo0GXePLpvz
  • C0NK3ROX4
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited May 2018
    cool beans
    Post edited by C0NK3ROX4 on
  • McPlebster
    144 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2018
    So when I log into bf4 curse marker is not there at all and game doesn't seem to work. I tried going in from bf1 to start a game and it did, but I could not tab into it. Repaired all my files and rebooted PC. I don't know whats wrong
    Post edited by McPlebster on
  • RustedRoot
    Use your browser when playing BF4. Do not use the UI. That was designed for BF1. They just through BF4 in the new UI to screw more things up.

Don't launch BF4 from Origin. Use your browser to go to Battlelog and launch games by joining servers from the Server Browser.
  • Wrrren
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I'm experiencing the same issue, its driving me insane. I haven't found a way to fix it and I'm starting to lose my patience with Battlefield alltogether now wtf?
  • Wrrren
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I'm experiencing the same issue, its driving me insane. I haven't found a way to fix it and I'm starting to lose my patience with Battlefield alltogether now
  • RustedRoot
    Don't bother reading what I typed. Just continue with the issue you are experiencing. Have a great day!
  • RustedRoot
    Why do people keep using the UI to play BF4? It was designed for BF1. DICE just threw BF4 in there to mess it up even more.

USE YOUR BROWSER! Go to Battlelog and join servers from the Server Browser in Battlelog.
  • wildnorthern
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    title says it all. I repaired bf4, updated origin and windows
  • wildnorthern
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

title says it all. I repaired bf4, updated origin and windows
  • Il-Scavenger-lI
    901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    For me both the Origin ingame overlay and the Discord overlay caused issues. Dissable both and you should be fine.
  • Longbow830
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yep, use the browser Battlelog/battlefield4 to login after you have startred origin. The BF1 interface is total garbage
  • McPlebster
    144 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Wrrren wrote: »
    I'm experiencing the same issue, its driving me insane. I haven't found a way to fix it and I'm starting to lose my patience with Battlefield alltogether now wtf?

Figured it out finally! Go into origin/properties and then uncheck the box that says, activate origin in the game BF4
  • McPlebster
    Happened to me aswell. Go into properties of bf4 and uncheck the box that says: activate origin in the game bf4. After that it worked for me
  • XurionDire
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    i joined through battlelog, got into a game but couldn't move my mouse or move
  • DIRTYGreeny
    676 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
  • AWAYez
    postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    i may just be dumb b ut when i start the game the premium pass ad for bf1 comes up. but there is no way to get passed it. i have no cursor.