RSC Smg

GRIZZ11283
4839 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
What an absolute pile of crap.

Surely a troll gun, 9 bullets a mag with a slow rate of fire.
Not sure what the point of this gun is, awful.

Comments

• KrimsonGunner
    69 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    450 RPM with a 3-5 BTK damage model makes it a very high DPS weapon. It’s just a duelist’s weapon, not viable beyond 1-2 targets.

I’ve been pleasantly surprised by its performance so far, just wish the maximum damage was slightly higher. It’s very easy to get 2 hitmarkers and have not done enough damage for an “Assist Counts as Kill”.

But in terms of raw DPS? It’s on par with the Automatico at close range and only beat out by the new SMG08/18 and the Maschinenpistole.
  • GRIZZ11283
    4839 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Mate it's crap, nothing good about it compared to the other smg's.
    There is no need to pick it over the other guns, just handicapping ones self.
  • DrakeCasanova
    573 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    GRIZZ11283 wrote: »

Maybe its supposed to be used with the Affliction specializations ;). Havent tried it yet but ti sounds awful. 9 bullets? ROFL.
  • RudeAwakeningEh
    529 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I used it in the CTE and saw no viable reasons to use it over any SMG. It felt like a gun made to tick boxes within the SMGs.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3419 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It's basically the Autoloading 8.35 of the Assault class: almost unparalleled in a 1v1, but nearly impossible to use against multiple opponents due to it's magazine sise.
  • WetFishDB
    2377 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's basically the Autoloading 8.35 of the Assault class: almost unparalleled in a 1v1, but nearly impossible to use against multiple opponents due to it's magazine sise.

I'd rather use the .35 over the new RSC-SMG any day. The .35 has some flexibility on engagement distance. The SMG doesn't, and in its intended range I'd much rather use a shotgun.
  • RudeAwakeningEh
    529 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2018
    WetFishDB wrote: »

I'd rather use the .35 over the new RSC-SMG any day. The .35 has some flexibility on engagement distance. The SMG doesn't, and in its intended range I'd much rather use a shotgun.

It has a ton of recoil if memory serves correct making it very limited in its effective use.

I haven't checked the TTK stats but I can't imagine it being much different than the automatico.
  • GRIZZ11283

It has a ton of recoil if memory serves correct making it very limited in its effective use.

I haven't checked the TTK stats but I can't imagine it being much different than the automatico.

The recoil is messy.
    Only way to use it is hip fire, kill 1 person 2 if you haven't missed any shots.
    Overall a pointless gun
  • Buzzkill66
    111 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It’s great 1v1 in the trenches but very limited beyond that. I would love to run this with a shotgun as secondary or vice versa.
  • Quaak_lu
    50 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Its a 3 shot kill Assault gun. Basically it garantees you the first kill if you know how to do it, but i guess you didnt know how to slide so it doesnt surprize me you dont know how to use this gun. Thanks for providing insight into your "skill"
  • KarmaKinetic
    1143 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

The recoil is messy.
    Only way to use it is hip fire, kill 1 person 2 if you haven't missed any shots.
    Overall a pointless gun

it destroys with hipfire, with ADS its near impossible to use
  • ScoutHunterKing
    294 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Quaak_lu wrote: »

Its a 3 shot kill Assault gun. Basically it garantees you the first kill if you know how to do it, but i guess you didnt know how to slide so it doesnt surprize me you dont know how to use this gun. Thanks for providing insight into your "skill"

No one can crouch slide and shoot now so sliding is irrelavent! Its a crap gun... The opinion on the matter is almost universal.
  • GVlXxf
    484 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

u should not be a rambo with this gun , that means, u used got fight in closely, otherwise, u will be a dead man for a long distance. so be good with gun like that, is flag fighting scene,no anymore suitable for this area
  • RudeAwakeningEh
    In terms of TTK it appears to be on par at 10m with the automatico and hellreigel at .267.

The SMG/08 on the other hand is now a beast. Huge magazine and faster TTK than a automatico within 10meter.

I havent figured out how to read the charts correctly but here it is

http://forum.symthic.com/battlefield-1-general-discussion/battlefield-1-technical-discussion/11498-smg-average-case-effective-ttk-apocalypse/
  • GenesisMD5745
    544 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I tried this out in the CTE, and hated it.

No reason to use this weapon over other close-quarter weapons like the shotguns or automatico unless you just want a challenge.

I'll probably try to unlock it anyway for the sake of completion, but it'll be the last of the Apocalypse weapons that I try to unlock.
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2018
    It's got a fast TTK, but so does the SMG 08/18, Automatico, and Hellriegel without having a tiny mag.

The one instance in which it can be pretty strong is if you land a headshot plus a body shot. In which case it's a 2 BTK.

At a 2 BTK that's:

60 seconds/RPM = TimePerBullet
    60/450 = 134 ms

(BTK-1) * TimePerBullet = Theoretical TTK (not including bullet travel time)
    (2 - 1) * 134 ms = 134 ms theoretical TTK with at least one headshot.

By the way, this is essentially how he calculated those 10 meter TTK values in those Symthic charts.
    Using those same 2 formulas I get 267ms for the Automatico which aligns with his results. Although he's got some other variable he's considering for some of the guns since I get 277 ms for the Hellriegel. Maybe it's server tick rate or something?
  • obisearch
    774 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

The main point is the .35 is viable due to engagements being generally further away. At the range that this SMG is dominating in its intended range pretty difficult to run away while reloading or survive. It is a 1 kill 1 death gun. A skill cannon simply not viable for cqc due to volume of enemies and reload tim3
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3419 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    obisearch wrote: »

The main point is the .35 is viable due to engagements being generally further away. At the range that this SMG is dominating in its intended range pretty difficult to run away while reloading or survive. It is a 1 kill 1 death gun. A skill cannon simply not viable for cqc due to volume of enemies and reload tim3

In a sense, it's a discount Autoloading 8.35. The damage drop-off from the RSC SMG is actually pretty decent, but the recoil and spread makes it hard to use it's decent damage at range using bursting or tap-firing.

A better skill-cannon for the Assault class is the Model 1900 Factor/Slug - very powerful in CQB, but only two rounds.
  • moosehunter1969
    1108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Don’t use it then.
  • GRIZZ11283
    Quaak_lu wrote: »

Bringing your tears to this thread now?
    I've already said I could do the slide crap, so what are you talking about?
    Takes loads of skill to slide :lol:

Keep your sliding tears in your own thread.