Can barely play

clubseal33
61 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
I know I'm not bad at this game, but after the Apocalypse update - even after I got used to the terrible shot lag issue - I can't even come close to a positive kill/death. I used to be in the top 5 almost every match, with a ton of MVP medals, but now, I die in no more than two shots by ANY other weapon, while mine still take the same amount of
shots. This ****. is getting old. I play the objectives and play well, but the game just keeps getting more and more stupid. Why can't they stop messing it up?

Comments

• KingRofty
    520 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    clubseal33 wrote: »
    Why can't they stop messing it up?

I suspect all the noob devs worked on the Apocalypse DLC, that is why it's such a huge mess.
  • clubseal33
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    KingRofty wrote: »

I suspect all the noob devs worked on the Apocalypse DLC, that is why it's such a huge mess.

You're right; even if I wasn't getting killed from across the map in two shots by everything from pistols to assault weapons, there's no excuse for the massive frame drops while just hitting another player with my weapon. I'm not some all star player by any means, but the last update has literally made it impossible for me to compete. And that's garbage, in my opinion.
  • D5RAT
    2002 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2018

To be fair it's not a huge mess the game actually feels a lot smoother for me and frames per second is staying high ... but introducing an almost game breaking stutter it's pretty amateur
  • KingRofty
    520 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2018
    You're right; even if I wasn't getting killed from across the map in two shots by everything from pistols to assault weapons, there's no excuse for the massive frame drops while just hitting another player with my weapon. I'm not some all star player by any means, but the last update has literally made it impossible for me to compete. And that's garbage, in my opinion.

For me the most frustrating part is my friends having absolutely no clue how bad it really is, as none of them have the frame drop and severe lag issues, me getting murdered and guys stealing lots of cheap kills off me.

What I've figured out, is that it's best to play Medic & Scout, rather than Assault or Support. And try not to use the Fedorov when playing medic, but rather the 1907 Trench. You still get stuttering galore, but your screen freezes a bit less.

I honestly don't know how I kept on playing, guess I did it for my friends.
  • clubseal33

For me the most frustrating part is my friends having absolutely no clue how bad it really is, as none of them have the frame drop and severe lag issues, me getting murdered and guys stealing lots of cheap kills off me.

What I've figured out, is that it's best to play Medic & Scout, rather than Assault or Support. And try not to use the Fedorov when playing medic, but rather the 1907 Trench. You still get stuttering galore, but your screen freezes a bit less.

I honestly don't know how I kept on playing, guess I did it for my friends.

That's the crazy thing - I get kills on one person, but Lord help me if anyone else is nearby because the frame drops make them invincible.
  • bfloo11111111111
    209 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I freeze for 2 seconds every time I get a kill.
  • KingRofty
    I freeze for 2 seconds every time I get a kill.

...and that is normally when the second enemy guy shoots and kills me. :neutral:
  • spartanx169x
    698 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I know I'm not bad at this game, but after the Apocalypse update - even after I got used to the terrible shot lag issue - I can't even come close to a positive kill/death. I used to be in the top 5 almost every match, with a ton of MVP medals, but now, I die in no more than two shots by ANY other weapon, while mine still take the same amount of
    shots. This ****. is getting old. I play the objectives and play well, but the game just keeps getting more and more stupid. Why can't they stop messing it up?

What platform are you playing on?
  • Clarence_6000
    886 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    JUUBLqWDwg4nPY7WrTgy-oZ_IKdxKDTWEgvEb4IdFLs.jpg?w=744&s=c12353ea32fec559517dc4615f6421a4
  • clubseal33

What platform are you playing on?

PS4 Pro.
  • RomioiStrategos
    402 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Create a new account to play temporarily.