BF1 4:3 resolution blackbars or stretched?

iAT3aL3MoN
34 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
with bf3, and bf4, i have encountered recent problems with forced application resolution scale, were ppl are unabel to play with blackbars, or keep stretched resolution, i dont understand why we havent given the freedom to custom our resolutions accordingly to increase fps to our desire, ive contacted ea support and searched for help, but with no fixes, ea says they cant do it to bf3 and bf4, but pls DICE make it so for bf1, i know there are alot of people who dont use bb, and use stretched resolution, the only way i could have got blackbars on recent bf titles, was to put monitor manualy to 800x600 resolution, and then go to scaling and put preserve aspect ratio, then go to doc files for bf4 or bf3, change ingame resolution to 800x600 and then i have to put borderless window mode on. now only then i can have black bars, but the BIGGEST problem with that is borderless mode is 60hz , even if ur monitor is on 144hz, so basicly im playing bf4 on borderless, 60hz on 144hz monitor, and thers no point of that, im the guy who takes fps over quality, and there are alot of people who have weak and outdated systems who even cant get 60 fps or more on low settings and want the most out of theyr systems, and i kindly request EA and DICE to make bf1 abel to change resolution scale as we wish, and that should apply for upcoming bf titles or other games, i rly hope this wont be a BIG issue for EA and DICE. thanks for taking your time.

Comments

• MacaqueX
    674 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited August 2016
    Streched is better for medics who play close quarter, but sniping from 200+m is better with black bars to measure easier bullet drop on scope. 4:3 1280/960 res with fov 100 vertical, and 116 horizontal looks best with black bars in bf3/4 all other resolutions at 4:3 dont look proportional with little horizontal stretch.
    Download bf3/4 settings editor and broderless tool from realmware, set any resolution and fov that you need in bf editor and set your refresh rate there to 144 and only thing that you need to do manually is set your aspect ratio in your monitor menu 16:9, 4:3, or 5:4 to stretch or leave black bars but it would be nice to have those options in game.
    Just dont use they colour tweaker tool, it is outdated tool and can be seen by punkbuster as hack.
  • iAT3aL3MoN
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited August 2016
    well, ive played csgo for 2k+ hrs and bf series over 4k, and oveer that time, ive played on full res, then stretched and lastly bb, i play bb chus its easyer to aim with lower sense, i feel disturbed when i play with higher res, i just cant relearn that, and for someone who prefers fps over quality, lower res and higher fps is advantage over 60fps on full res and quality, and i rly feel we are getting ripped off, for 60 euro game that cant even change important settings... well ty for response, i will try that.
  • MacaqueX
    674 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited August 2016
    i played alot at 1024x768,118Hz on crt iyama when i was kid and still nothing beats that, now i play at 1080p and sometimes [email protected] at home but at work on crappy machine i play at 4:3,1280x960 , 75hz, also all on low except mesh/terrain quality that i have on high bc if i put mesh and terrain on low i see players behind objects bc not all objects are rendered until you get closer to them, also terrain is blocky at distance so bullet drop is hard to adjust when snipping. Also anti aliasing - post when set on low or high dont change framerate or make game render latency higher so i have it on high.