Conquest Assault is trash

1979Onetime
8 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Could they not have just made regular Conquest instead of this garbage where one team starts off with all the objectives taken and 300 points? Who came up with that nonsense? Was it the devs were too lazy to make regular Conquest and half **** it and came up with Conquest Assault to avoid doing more work?

Comments

• TEKNOCODE
    7487 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Hmm...

Conquest already existed. CA is a new game mode.

So, Dice was too lazy to make a game mode that already existed? Very logical.
  • 1979Onetime
    They were too lazy to finish making a Conquest map instead of making 2 main spawn bases for both teams they made just one for the attacking team and the defending team controlling all the bases. Maps would be better with both teams having spawn bases and going for objectives like traditional Conquest.
  • trip1ex
    2679 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    had some awesome matches on CQA already. Good fun. It's some nicevariety and adds some extra excitement to the mode because attackers can't get anywhere if they don't push the first few flags and secure a foothold and defenders can lose even late in the game if they start ignoring their flags.
  • Mickachuu
    49 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I wouldn't say It's trash but I certainly don't enjoy it.

If what @llPhantom_Limbll says is true then I would consider normal Conquest an ''upgraded version'' of Conquest Assault, where players are less ''shackled'' and can be more creative when deciding quick attack/defend strategies. Or perhaps track, flank and focus-fire on various key targets.

Conquest Assault has it's charm but I personally wish it should have disappeared/merged with Operations.
    ( Since I noticed a lot of ambitious Operation players here on the forums are sad that they didn't get any new maps in this DLC )

But yeah, that's just my take on it.
  • ragnarok013
    170 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    CQA is a very old gamemode which was really popular in older bf games like bf2. But because current generation of players is zerging around the map instead of protecting their flags no wonder they can't enjoy this mode.

Finally someone else remembers CQA. I think BF3 was the last Battlefield to have it but CQA has been around for a very very long time.
  • CHAMMOND1992
    521 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    CQA just needs to go. Had some decent games recently, but conquest is just superior. It really makes no sense as a defender, that I want them to take a few flags to get the ball rolling.
  • Desyatnik_Pansy
    1064 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    CQA is a very old gamemode which was really popular in older bf games like bf2. But because current generation of players is zerging around the map instead of protecting their flags no wonder they can't enjoy this mode.

Finally someone else remembers CQA. I think BF3 was the last Battlefield to have it but CQA has been around for a very very long time.

I remember personally rather enjoying CQA In BF3, but I didn't play 4 or Hardline and back in BF:BC Days I mostly just did Rush (did that even have CQ? Boy it's been a LOOOONG time since then). I don't really like it on BF1 Though and personally it seems to actually be the opposite of most of the complaints I've seen on it.

I hate that Attackers start with 300 Tickets. Obviously this means nothing for probably most matches due to spawntraps (of which personally, I've only had 1 on River Somme thus far) but I find that 300 Is too lenient for the Attackers. Most games that I've seen the Attackers win (and honestly, it's how I hope the team plays when playing as them) is not because they gain more flags or anything, but because so long as the Attacking team matches close enough to the Defenders on points scored by kills, they win. I'm talking games on Somme where the Attackers never own more than 2 (!) flags and they still win because they got 428 Score from kills to the Defenders 464, with the flag points meaning pretty much nothing.
    All it takes is being within like 50 Kills of each other and the Attackers win, and unless the team is utterly incompetent that shouldn't really be that hard. Unless you're able to stall them long enough to make up the point gap (which atleast for me, as I said, I've only seen one spawntrap thus far. The Attackers for the most part seem to have little trouble getting A And pushing out. Then it just turns into a match of regular CQ But with one team having a massive lead by default), unless the Attackers are trash then they win.
  • SlugSniper
    528 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Asymmetrical gameplay is always more fun than symmetrical gameplay IMO. And this is coming from a mildly OCD person.

CQA is a keeper. I've seen plenty of attacker and defender victories on all of the maps.
  • dcs500
    910 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Some people don't like it because they actually have to ptfo.
  • Kabanyash_
    251 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It just doesn't work with this Conquest system. You need to capture majority of flags and hold them in first few minutes to have a chance, or you have no chance.
    And OP has a point, maps in Apocalypse could easily be done as a regular Conquest, and CQA itself had to be separated into it's own gamemode.
  • Obliviate1982
    195 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited February 27
    Conquest assault is great! I have been waiting for a long time for DICE to reintroduce it. it stops the current watered down CQ system from being a glorified team deathmatch and makes flags have value again. New Battlefield players (from bf3 onwards) dont really understand how to push or back cap, as they start to grasp it, it will be seen as the superior CQ mode. now all we need is vehicles to spawn back on the map, runways and attackable bases.
  • Ram1c
    4162 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I love it, it's 100 times better than normal conquest because it's less noob friendly. Imo it's better to end the game rather than getting spawn trapped for 15 to 25 minutes straight until you lose. Maybe finally after getting wiped and being unable to spawn people will realize that you need bodies on flag points, but I doubt it lol. It's still refreshing to play a game of conquest with a more defined frontline rather than a marathon Zerg rush, I missed it since bf3 and I'm glad it's back.
  • olavafar
    1377 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I like it in general but very many don't. This has the effect on many games that the server starts off with a lot of players missing, and at least in most games I've played, defenders then are down by 2 squads (some 10 players less) compared to attackers. This makes it very easy for them to push quickly a few flags and after that point (particularly at Somme) their tanking superiority makes it an easy game for them even if the teams fill up after that point. One thing they could do would be to stop tanks from spawning at some point.
  • KriZ_Rul3Z
    180 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I don't like CQA, though it is bearable if there are flanking routes OR airplanes / boats to reach the back points. In Somme it's so easy to get stuck so I really don't like it.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    597 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The 'going over the top' at the Somme really did need to be pressent in BF1 and not have it as just a flag cap merry go round ala Nivelle Nights, and i do like the way it's represented in CQA. Yes, there are matches where you can't get past the canal, but so what if that happens from time to time. Suck it up and hope for better next time. However, saying all that, maybe DICE probably should have made Caparreto and Somme CQ maps, and shoe horned in an Operaration. It does seem however that time was against them.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    2346 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    The 'going over the top' at the Somme really did need to be pressent in BF1 and not have it as just a flag cap merry go round ala Nivelle Nights, and i do like the way it's represented in CQA. Yes, there are matches where you can't get past the canal, but so what if that happens from time to time. Suck it up and hope for better next time. However, saying all that, maybe DICE probably should have made Caparreto and Somme CQ maps, and shoe horned in an Operaration. It does seem however that time was against them.

They could have made Somme into a Frontlines map, though I do agree that 'going over the top' on the Somme as it is now is ... yes, what BF1 needed outside of Operations.
  • Ram1c
    4162 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    KriZ_Rul3Z wrote: »
    I don't like CQA, though it is bearable if there are flanking routes OR airplanes / boats to reach the back points. In Somme it's so easy to get stuck so I really don't like it.

Somme is the easiest map to flank on, I can back cap every single time no problem.
  • xXN1ptw1st3rXx
    180 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited February 27
    The gamemode has potential but gets killed by poor map design and a poor scoring system.
    Post edited by xXN1ptw1st3rXx on
  • 1979Onetime

I played Battlefield 2 and I don't remember it having CQA. Only regular conquest. It's been years so I'm not 100% sure though.