With a "new bf coming"

Comments

• BaronVonGoon
    7050 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2018
    Why is 'new BF coming' in quotes? I'm confused.
  • Rombibombii
    574 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Why is 'new BF coming' in quotes? I'm confused.

Because the core identity of the Battlefield franchise is disappearing more and more
  • CrashCA
    1318 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You can call it Battlefield but that does not make it BF
  • S5_Jdge320
    95 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    yeah, They nailed it.

Cuz, its turning into big COD not battlefield
  • CrashCA
    1318 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    "Easter" update is out, nothing for RSP. Just fixes of stuff. Oh and a mid round balancer, can't wait to see how it works. 17 months in.
  • -Antares65z
    1782 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2018
    CrashCA wrote: »
    "Easter" update is out, nothing for RSP. Just fixes of stuff. Oh and a mid round balancer, can't wait to see how it works. 17 months in.

Was hoping to see something about the 64/64[1] problem and also see Custom servers show back up in the regular browser. I guess I was hoping for too much. What better way is there to kill off the game and RSP than by starving the community of what helps keep people interested in playing the game. Permanent removal of the Custom servers from the regular browser is a great way to accomplish that. Seems like the 64/64[1] bug is increasing in frequency, at least it has been for me lately. That's starting to get old too. How many server renters will continue to have the desire to keep spending money on keeping their servers going, only so that the bug can empty them after they spent time getting them going. Especially a Custom server that is already hard enough to get and keep going.
    Post edited by -Antares65z on
  • S5_Jdge320
    95 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dude, this update cropped up on my phone and I damn near choked on my celery and peanut butter.... They are just now getting team balancer. I think I still have my settings from bf4 if they need heh
  • Jaskaman
    729 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Axlerod1 wrote: »
    from what I am hearing out of DICE employees currently is do not expect RSP. EA does not want it.

Do you have source for this?
  • Axlerod1
    1387 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited April 2018
    Jaskaman wrote: »
    from what I am hearing out of DICE employees currently is do not expect RSP. EA does not want it.

just private conversations. Believe it or not but I have not said anything that has not come true.
    They did the same thing with BF1. It was not until a month before release that EA/DICE changed their mind on RSP for BF1. BF1 was not intended to have RSP.

So could it change before the launch or in the case of BF1, a month after launch, yeah it could. As it stands right now, I am being told there is no thought process in bf2018 having rsp or dedicated servers.

Welcome to the better player experience.
  • BaronVonGoon
    7050 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2018

just private conversations. Believe it or not but I have not said anything that has not come true.
    They did the same thing with BF1. It was not until a month before release that EA/DICE changed their mind on RSP for BF1. BF1 was not intended to have RSP.

So could it change before the launch or in the case of BF1, a month after launch, yeah it could. As it stands right now, I am being told there is no thought process in bf2018 having rsp or dedicated servers.

Welcome to the better player experience.

And this goes along with everything we've heard about EA and RSP. Their number one priority is accessibility this means games that cater to the masses of casuals. RSP goes against that mandate just like hardcore. RSP was big on pc (not anymore) and it was never big on console. Supporting it means going against their accessibility mandate, they don't want to waste time and resources appeasing a group or catering to a minority. They want to be a restaurant that serves one meal and one meal only, kind of like running a prisoner of war camp cafeteria. Anything beyond that is too expensive, too human. Your typical faceless corporation.
  • CrashCA
    No RSP, no sales to what was a thriving BF community
  • -Antares65z
    1782 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Considering EA's lack of commitment to improve and support it's current RSP, it stands to reason that if EA had intentions of offering RSP in the next BF, they would have been far more dedicated to improving and refining their current RSP. I wouldn't get your hopes up if I was you.
  • Axlerod1
    1387 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited April 2018
    On PC, 3rd party rental servers was not the minority. The majority of players played on 3rd party rental servers. BF1 did not have true hardcore hense everyone left. BF1 did not support communities so they left. Bf2018 will have a very low PC player count because we have left.

LOL no player support for these game modes. Well SWBF2 did not have any of this and look how that turned out for DICE. I guess the majority does not want normal mode and no non admin controlled and no rental servers considering how no one is playing that game now either. Sales down a huge volume on that game.
  • CrashCA
    edited April 2018
    PC player below 20K on a Saturday seventeen months in, says it all !!
    Took BF4 more than 3 1/2 years and release of next game to get there
  • Axlerod1
    At least Baron is happy
  • CooolBreeze
    48 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I still say that there is hope. As much as EA may not want it, they now have it. To put that much time and effort it to both the RSP and the admin tool, even though both are really imperfect they now exist. To just throw them out knowing that the PC player base for whatever that is worth will balk and complain and demand just as they did for BF1. I think there is still hope.
  • ATF_lateDENT
    304 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If the next BF title does not have it, my whole community will not buy it. If what I have been told is true, servers for Bf2018 will run just like SWBF2. No playing with friends. That is what matters to me, playing the game with my friends.

I hate the lack of functional rental servers for Battlefield games, but not being able to play with friends is what stopped me from buying SWBF2. I have played one Battlefield game or another almost daily since BF2 came out, but will not purchase another Battlefield game if I can't play with my friends. I'm not a fan of match making, but at least it allows me to play with my friends in BF1. I tried SWBF2 beta with a friend of mine. We used our Clan's Teamspeak to communicate and were able to join the same server but could not squad up and work together. We played several rounds, then one of us was match made (is that even a word) at the end of the round to another server. The stupid game sent us to other servers automatically!

I will never spend a penny on a game that works to separate me from my friends. No matter how fun the game play is, I will never spend my time playing it, so it's a waste of money for me.
  • Axlerod1
    I still say that there is hope. As much as EA may not want it, they now have it. To put that much time and effort it to both the RSP and the admin tool, even though both are really imperfect they now exist. To just throw them out knowing that the PC player base for whatever that is worth will balk and complain and demand just as they did for BF1. I think there is still hope.

This is is down graded version of the console version of server controls from BF4. DICE did not spend any time on this feature.

I gave up hope 6 months ago. Best thing the player base can do is not support the next game and then maybe they will change their approach to rental servers.
  • ShevermiN
    398 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

This is is down graded version of the console version of server controls from BF4. DICE did not spend any time on this feature.

I gave up hope 6 months ago. Best thing the player base can do is not support the next game and then maybe they will change their approach to rental servers.

No this is not the answer, what you need to be doing is using the RSP and showing EA that there is a vibrant and growing BF community that is willing to work with the current RSP so that they implement it in the next game and include custom servers for free as they have done for Battlefront 1.

Can you host a server in Siege ?? how about the Division, Overwatch, PUBG, Fortnight, Far Cry 5 ???? that's about 4 mil people playing shooters on auto servers.... Why would EA spend money on the few thousand of mostly ungrateful and mostly hostile bunch the Battlefield old boys brigade is.

The RSP is functional and customizable enough for any sizable clan to make it work. If your clan is just half a dozen mates who catch up on chat and host a server well then you are going to struggle.

As a post script I've had to go back and play some BF4 due to server crashes here in Australia, in an hour or 2 of gaming the chat bot asked for server donations 40 times, !p for team kills as it was a HC server and played lockers twice. And the chat box was full of people complaining about FLIR and IR scopes ???

• -Antares65z
    ShevermiN wrote: »

The RSP is functional and customizable enough for any sizable clan to make it work. If your clan is just half a dozen mates who catch up on chat and host a server well then you are going to struggle.

The problem with the customizable part is that as soon as you change one setting from stock, it make it custom and disappear from the regular browser, which means good luck getting any traffic. EA purposely removed custom servers from showing up. Why would they do that?