With a "new bf coming"

Comments

• ShevermiN
    403 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ShevermiN wrote: »

The RSP is functional and customizable enough for any sizable clan to make it work. If your clan is just half a dozen mates who catch up on chat and host a server well then you are going to struggle.

The problem with the customizable part is that as soon as you change one setting from stock, it make it custom and disappear from the regular browser, which means good luck getting any traffic. EA purposely removed custom servers from showing up. Why would they do that?

Yes I know but if you are some great clan that's been around since BF1942 getting 64 players into a server shouldn't be a problem. And yes the server disappears from the default server browser, but you can customize the browser to display all servers (which was broken a couple of months ago but has now been fixed). If people that have been gaming on PC since BF1942 can't configure a server browser ???? can't blame DICE for there ignorance.

EA have made it quite clear that they are no longer going to feed random players to private servers, or more importantly custom servers to be troll bait for over active badmins to feed off. People keep crying that private custom servers keep the game alive, hell even Westie posted a video recently claiming the same point of view, that custom servers are keeping BF4 alive. Well maybe EA have done the market research and may have decide that they actually kill the game off or drastically reduce numbers to a smaller group of players, that over the years is shrinking not growing.

Having to go back to BF4 in Australia where the only populated servers are custom I can tell you that I will not be staying there. Ninety percent have weapon and or gadget restrictions, they have a poor selection of maps and modes and very rubbery server rules and are forever spamming the chat box looking for donations.

Give me a server I can setup ingame with no need for procon, cheap as possible, make the server browser idiot proof so people can find the server. Then add a ranking vote when people leave and then display servers from highest to lowest rank in the server browser. Then the servers the most people having the most fun in will end up at the top and the game will head in a positive direction regarding RSP.
  • CrashCA
    1379 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2018
    BF1 PC population has already shrunk to where BF4 was four months AFTER BF1's release. BF1 customization is woefully lacking (no real damage % setting, HUD only on/off, etc). RSP server ID regularly change. EA makes it harder and harder to game with friends. Supporting this mess for nearly a year and a half have gotten us little.
    BF4 will out last BF1, already see more of my friends there than here.
    DODS still has a decent community due to rented servers. ARMA, AA, Squad, Battalion 1944, Day of Infamy, + all offer admin-able rented servers.
    I find it unfortunate that EA has chosen the console experience over vibrant gaming communities.
  • ShevermiN
    403 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Daily peaks from steam charts for the following

Battalion 1944 300
    AA 750
    DODS 1000
    Day of infamy 100
    Squad 4000
    Arma 35K

Other that ARMA the rest are dead SQUAD is hanging in there but daily peaks did get as low as 2000 before last patch.
    These may be vibrant communities but you can't make any money of so few players who have only every payed once for the game. The only thing that has kept ARMA alive was DAYZ topping steam sales for a year.

• -Antares65z
    1789 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2018
    CrashCA wrote: »
    BF1 PC population has already shrunk to where BF4 was four months AFTER BF1's release.
    I find it unfortunate that EA has chosen the console experience over vibrant gaming communities.

In the past 30 days on the PC side, the game has lost about 7000 players. In the past week since Sunday and maybe its just because of it being the middle of the week, Sunday had a peak of a little over 20k. Yesterday it peaked around 16.5k. Granted more people play on the weekends. It will be interesting to see what the PC peak player count is this weekend. I for one am playing a lot less. Aside from the technical issues, the player base seems to be getting more toxic. Operations has been overun with arty truck campers and heavy bomber farmers. Most rounds in Conquest are unbalanced mainly due to team stacking. IMO, subtle hacking has increased.

• CooolBreeze
    48 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I firmly believe you are all playing into their narrative. They wanted us PC folks to move to a console model and collectively we all said NO. They responded. They came up with an RSP and admin tool. Yeah they leave a lot to be desired but as many flaws as BF1 has, it is a far superior game to BF3 and 4. My clan has been revisiting our old favorites 3 and 4 and then when you roll back to 1 it is easy to see all the stuff they got right. Had this version been in more modern times it may have a bit more staying power. The games listed below have all us old time PC players saying if BF2018 doesn't have ..., our Clan will just play... ___insert title here__, look at the stats below, NO WE WON'T
    ShevermiN wrote: »

Daily peaks from steam charts for the following

Battalion 1944 300
    AA 750
    DODS 1000
    Day of infamy 100
    Squad 4000
    Arma 35K

Other that ARMA the rest are dead SQUAD is hanging in there but daily peaks did get as low as 2000 before last patch.
    These may be vibrant communities but you can't make any money of so few players who have only every payed once for the game. The only thing that has kept ARMA alive was DAYZ topping steam sales for a year.

Time for us to face reality, Battlefield is the only game left for us. We need them as much as they need us. We should be prepared to complain and fight and demand an RSPs and admin tools. We did it for BF1, we need to do it again for BF2018. It is our last real choice. Time to embrace to suck and explain to DICE and EA that all Battlefield games have RSP and admin tools. The alternatives suck because there are no alternatives.
  • Axlerod1
    1395 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited April 2018
    You all need to start emailing DICE and especially EA HQ that we want 3rd party server rentals back. EA does not want this. You can tell by the shabby implementation of RSP in BF1 that it was just to get the PC market to buy the game.

Start the complaints now. Voice everything the was wrong with RSP. Then keep doing it over and over again. Tell them you will not be ordering BF2018 unless this is done. Then do not pre-order or buy the game if they don't. EA only see's money. If you throw it at them blindly, then EA thinks it is OK. If you don't give them money, then they have to answer to the shareholders why people won't buy their games. Then and only then will a change be made.

BF1 PC
    Peak 24h
    October 21, 2016
    1.5 years old

BF4 PC
    Peak 24h
    October 29, 2013
    4.5 years old
    Post edited by Axlerod1 on
  • S5_Jdge320
    95 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2018
    Dice fix it. Servers, Rentable, Adminable.

Lets not even talk about your horrid matchmaking rippiing players apart...

Lets discuss the rampant ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ and racial slurs that you are allowing to be spat out in your servers because you refuse to let private clubs handle this.

I refuse to play a game wehere I am forced into a team with a bunch of people who call the other team N***** C**** F***** and the like because you want a playerbase to all have the same experience. Well guess what that experience is? Its toxic and poison.

you are allowing this, and your stance is that its acceptable and what the majority wants. You were the best there was for PC, you were the best game for big PC groups. you have ruined it.

FIX IT
  • CrashCA
    1379 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Well put, (deafing applause)
  • Axlerod1
    1395 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Interesting article about EA for you fella's to read.
    http://www.svg.com/114215/shady-side-ea/?utm_source=zergnet.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=zergnet_2806137

I think the worst company in the world award might be coming back to EA again.
  • BaronVonGoon
    7057 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It should be renamed the Electronic Arts Award
  • Axlerod1
    23 million players were duped into buying this game
    Currently online players (Total: 43,070): that is Xbox, Playstation and PC combined

I bet battlefield 2018 will struggle to get 10 million to buy that game.
  • CooolBreeze
    48 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Axlerod1 wrote: »
    Currently online players (Total: 43,070): that is Xbox, Playstation and PC combined

You are 100% correct and I disagree with you. Where else is there to go? There is no other game that fits the needs of a battlefield player that has a robust community or any real numbers of players plaiying consistently to speak of except ARMA. ARMA is not even remotely what battlefield players want (for the most part, can't speak for all of course) but it's not. I believe the sales for BF2018 will be just as robust as with BF1, because sadly there is not anything else for us to migrate to and be happy.
  • CrashCA
    I went back to BFBC2 and BF4 for now. Agree on lack of options. However EA will not get my money without major "improvements"
  • Axlerod1

You are 100% correct and I disagree with you. Where else is there to go? There is no other game that fits the needs of a battlefield player that has a robust community or any real numbers of players plaiying consistently to speak of except ARMA. ARMA is not even remotely what battlefield players want (for the most part, can't speak for all of course) but it's not. I believe the sales for BF2018 will be just as robust as with BF1, because sadly there is not anything else for us to migrate to and be happy.

I agree with you to a point. My community went from 200 active in bf4 monthly to about 20 in bf1. The robust community has left. There are almost as many people playing bf4 as bf1 now. My group is looking for a Battlefield style game and unfortunately nothing is coming except for maybe escape from tarkov. that is a maybe. Most of my group is not going to buy the next battlefield unless EA lets DICe bring back 3rd party servers and procon. The lack of variety in bf1 killed the community.
  • CrashCA
    The lack of variety in bf1 killed the community.

This and inability to set up “home” servers for first few months.

• CooolBreeze
    Crash and Axlerod I totally agree, my group does not want any part of a BF game without an RSP and Admin tool. I am being optimistic even though it is against my nature, that EA/DICE will understand the concept that both an RSP and Admin tool exist, therefore let us have them, and yes I know they are really not great, but better than playing ARMA or Battalion with 300 other players. This is going to be a long summer of waiting and daring to dream.
  • ATF_lateDENT
    304 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I am being optimistic that EA/DICE will understand the concept that both an RSP and Admin tool exist, therefore let us have them

They understand the concept and removed them intentionally.

They were not planning on having them at all for BF1 and only partially implemented them after the user base howled

I doubt that we'll see even the limited implementation of RSP and Admin that BF1 currently has at the launch of the next game.
  • CooolBreeze
    I am being optimistic that EA/DICE will understand the concept that both an RSP and Admin tool exist, therefore let us have them

They understand the concept and removed them intentionally.

They were not planning on having them at all for BF1 and only partially implemented them after the user base howled

I doubt that we'll see even the limited implementation of RSP and Admin that BF1 currently has at the launch of the next game.

Well yes and no. They removed the RSP, the admin tool was always a 3rd party thing. I agree with you that they did remove it intentionally, but the community spoke loudly and they acquiesced. Now, by their hands both RSP and an admin tool exist. If they were to remove them again then that would be a massive deal breaker for I would guess nearly all PC folk.
  • Axlerod1
    edited April 2018
    According to Blake Jorgenson, he wants BF2018 to mimic the way servers are done in SWBF2. No RSP or 3rd party servers. Play it their way. Don't get your hopes up.

EA and DICE have mess to many games up in a row to expect a great game. They just do not know how. Most of the PC community has lost all faith in EA and DICE making a FPS that people want to play. The player base reflects this.

We more than likely will not hear about servers until a month before launch. That will be when they will tell us. They want to build hype on yet another WW2 shooter that is better than the other WW2 shooters that are coming out at the same time. They are going to show us pretty videos that will make the game look like fun. Then they will let us know what is not in the game.

If EA and DICE does not say anything about something you want, then it is not going to be in the game. They are only going to tell us what is in it. Do not assume anything will be there unless they say it is in the game because it won't be.
  • BaronVonGoon
    7057 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    SWBF2 doesn't even have stats. It would be an absolute travesty if they do the same for BF2018.