With a "new bf coming"

Comments

• Axlerod1
    1395 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    BF1 Currently online players (Total: 41,025):
    And this isn't a travesty?

Get ready for a skin job of SWBF2 that is called Battlefield V.
  • CrashCA
    1378 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    18 months in and every "update" still breaks stuff.
  • RevFX-Himsa
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    BF2018 is going to be my last chance for this game series. I participate in a LAN tournament held in Texas every year and it was always Counter Strike and Battlefield. Last year because of the GSP issues they switched Battlefield to PUBG after I think about 10 years. It was heartbreaking because I hate PUBG but hell, a game company with a smaller budget offers better GSP options than EA. I hope they woke up and give the community what they want.
  • Axlerod1
    1395 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited April 2018
    I hope so as well but with what I have seen EA and DICE do lately, I think they would have trouble spelling GSP let alone do anything about it.

I am not going to give them a chance.
    Battlefield Hardline = Fail
    Star Wars Battlefront = Fail
    Battlefield 1 = Fail
    Star Wars Battlefront 2 = Fail

Sorry but they have proven to me that they do not know what the community wants even after we have given them 3 detailed lists of what we want. I know, it's coming soon. It has only been 1.5 years. It takes time.
  • BaronVonGoon
    7056 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2018
    Axlerod1 wrote: »
    I hope so as well but with what I have seen EA and DICE do lately, I think they would have trouble spelling GSP let alone do anything about it.

I am not going to give them a chance.
    Battlefield Hardline = Fail
    Star Wars Battlefront = Fail
    Battlefield 1 = Fail
    Star Wars Battlefront 2 = Fail

Sorry but they have proven to me that they do not know what the community wants even after we have given them 3 detailed lists of what we want. I know, it's coming soon. It has only been 1.5 years. It takes time.

What recent fps out there is better than BF1?
    Destiny 1/2? No
    COD? No
    Titanfall 2? No, an acquired taste maybe
    Overwatch? In small doses yes maybe
    PUBG? No
    Fortnite? Not for me but yes many enjoy it
    Halo 5? No
    Gears 4? No
    Lawbreakers? Ded game
    SWBF2? No

BF1 is like a 5-course meal, the rest are fast food. I have many complaints about BF1 but it's still better than anything else out there.
  • Axlerod1
    I quit playing BF1 at the 1 year mark. I gave up on it.
    I went to ghost recon Wildlands pvp. It is not 64 player but it is a lot more fun for me than BF1 ever was.
    There are almost as many people playing BF4 as BF1. BF4 is currently the best 64 player game out there.
  • Axlerod1
    EA Continues Abysmal Treatment Of Aussie Battlefield Players After Nearly A Month Of Crippling Server Issues

https://www.kotaku.com.au/2018/04/ea-continues-abysmal-treatment-of-aussie-battlefield-players-after-nearly-a-month-of-crippling-server-issues/

Ask the Aussies what they think of the 5-course meal.
  • Nietzscheese
    188 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2018
    Why would DICE want to kill off Battlefield communities. Because that's what this disgraceful RSP is doing.

Hell, our clan has been maxxed out at 100 members for well over a year. DICE doesn't even recognise the fact that some clans are very large because they have been around since BF 1942. The old/large clans are being spat upon by DICE. "Thanks for the decades of support, now go away".

We had about 300 players for Battlefield 3 and as many as 5 active servers with about 7 server admins. Now, we have no servers because the RSP lacks basic functionality.
  • Axlerod1
    Yes you are correct. Now EA and DICE are giving away content because the numbers are to thin in BF1. Give stuff away instead of fixing the problems. At least we now know there will not be any more fixes. Do not expect anything better with BF2018. It is just a skin job of SWBF2. Check out those forums and see what the player base thinks of that game.

Still not wasting good money on the next game. It is not going to be worth anything.
  • ATF_lateDENT
    304 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If you remember, they also gave away the expansions for Hardliine in the months running up to the release of BF1. It's an effort to get positive attention, to get people playing the 'current' battlefield game again to build excitement for the next release. That's how I was able to get all of the expansions for Hardline since I only paid for the base game.

Of course, nobody played the expansion maps, so most of them I never actually played with people :( but hey, they were free.
  • CrashCA
    1378 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Giving away "They shall not pass" now and Dragon's Teeth on BF4, will not affect my decision on next EA game. Stiffed too many times.
  • Axlerod1
    Plus in BF4 the game was over 2 years old when they started giving it away. Bf4 has only 1600 less people playing it than BF1. BF1 is 1.5 years old. I have not even played the last 2 expansions in BF1. I just couldn't stomach it.

Honestly, the only way EA/DICE can build excitement for the next game is to give it away. That will be the only way they can get me excited to play it. Unless Ea decides to bring back real dedicated servers that communities can use procon. now that would actually get me to buy the game and play it.

It isn't going to happen and this will be the first major battlefield title that me and a lot of my friends won't buy. I still stand behind my thoughts that EA will have trouble selling much over 10 million copies.
  • -Antares65z
    1789 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I still stand behind my thoughts that EA will have trouble selling much over 10 million copies.

I agree with much you said but EA is changing this game to appeal more to the COD fan base. The more they make BF games to resemble certain aspects of COD game play, like a faster TTK and more focus on making Assault weapons more OP, the more success they'll have of increasing their revenue through converting long time COD fanboys over to BF. Keep in mind that COD players have long grown use to no server browser and lousy matchmaking. The COD WW2 release drew a lot of interest from players who had distanced themselves from that series awhile ago. Chances are the same people who bought WW2 will by BF 2018 because of the WWII theme.

• Axlerod1
    You may be right with the COD WW2 players switching to BF2018 for WW2. Problem is, I am a PC player and I really do not know anyone that plays on PC that buys COD. Activision was pretty open after COD MW2 and before Blackops 1 that they do not care to support the PC community and the PC player count is pretty low for activision unless it is World of Warcraft. The console players I am sure will switch but as far as the PC community goes, it is just another kick in the nuts to us.
  • S5_Jdge320
    95 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2018
    He's right, I know like 3 cod players in out group. Cod isn't a big multiplayer pc game like battlefield was. The 5v5 games are just tiresome. Not enough freedom to play.

The beauty of battlefield was always the sandbox style maps that allowed you to play how you wanted.
    Each iteration of battlefield now seems to try and remove a little of that feel for some forced set piece driven gameplay, like some multiplayer QuickTime event. Where we are all Just in this world for the ride.

They continually cement that sentiment by purposefully controlling how we are to implement the the games mechanics.

What was a large playground full of us running about and having fun with large groups of friends or little ones is now just a guided tour through a playground.

Treating servers as franchise owners like they are McDonald's, forcing a certain menu and a certain operating style, instead of giving us the sandbox and letting us simply have fun. This mentality is exactly what is causing the degradation of the pc player. We aren't accepting to a console players point of view.

• InSaNeOldGuy
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I think we're at a crossroads here. EA is without question the leading publisher of games on console, pc and mobile. When they started back in '82, they cared about gamers, and created the blockbuster titles that we all loved. EA made money, and Gamers were ecstatic. A win-win to be sure. But the world has changed...

With a complete lack of morality in the business world, companies like EA could care less about consumer satisfaction because frankly, that type of business acumen costs money. Profit is about numbers... making the sale. You've also got this relatively new "Globalist" attitude. With a more powerful Internet, we can now connect the entire world into one game like never before. The "entire world" is a b-load of money, and companies like EA want to control it all.

Local communities like you and I represent... LAN Parties like the ones my son and I host, are nothing to EA bc they don't generate a strong return on investment. I agree. You'd have to really love your customer to put forth the money and effort to make those two things happen. "Therein lies the rub".. A little Hamlet for you gentlemen.

This next BF release will be the litmus test as to just how much greed gamers will stomach. If we don't make a stand now, future games might really be f'd up. Take a look at these EA patents (https://wccftech.com/ea-matchmaking-algorithm/). Instead of making online gaming more engaging, these algorithms will be used to make it more challenging, or maybe frustrating, so you’re tempted to spend money on microtransactions and buy a stronger weapon for example to play better. Keep in mind that this will be done on an individual basis. That's how powerful these gaming engines are becoming.

Think I'm crazy ?

EA has paid lobbyists erasing the very mention of "Dedicated Servers". How many of you know what that used to mean ? Playing with friends and family in communities like ours doesn't fit that Globalist model.. Where do you think the term "badmins" came from lol ? EA needs you to believe all servers have to be the same. Profits are obviously increased, but in this case EA will add algorithms without you knowing it so you buy something else.

Whoa.. Whoa... Hold on you say; that just can't happen ! Tell me... Who stands in their way ??

Rumor is a reveal for BF 2018 might be as close as May 23rd (https://wccftech.com/battlefield-5-reveal-may-23rd/). Like BF1, EA will push this new title with absolute insanity to garnish as many pre-order sales as possible. Make the sale while hype is high; after that nothing matters.

Take a look back, and see how things used to be. We used to host a collocated 1942 server. It was full every night. So much fun. Look at how things are now. Take that tangent and point to how gaming might be in the future. "You may not like what you see Taylor".. Little Planet of the Apes (1974 version) for you.
  • Axlerod1
    I am making my stand. I am not pre-ordering the game. I am not purchasing premium. I will not buy the game at launch.

If after a month the plalyers stay and say it is fun and if and only if EA allows real dedicated servers (not the RSP in bf1) then and only then will I consider getting the game. EA and DICE have let to many of us down with their last few travesties they call games.

If enough of us, do not buy the game then and maybe then will EA allow DICE to give us what we want.
  • ShevermiN
    403 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I am making my stand. I am not pre-ordering the game. I am not purchasing premium. I will not buy the game at launch.

If after a month the plalyers stay and say it is fun and if and only if EA allows real dedicated servers (not the RSP in bf1) then and only then will I consider getting the game. EA and DICE have let to many of us down with their last few travesties they call games.

If enough of us, do not buy the game then and maybe then will EA allow DICE to give us what we want.

What you think that's going to get you what you want ??

Maybe if you had used the tools DICE did give us and maybe proved to DICE that there is a community out here then maybe they might be me proactive in supporting the RSP.

The RSP is no procon but is now fully able to work in providing a custom server that can be used for clan activities.

Crying in the forums is not going to get things changed maybe thousands of people playing custom games might of worked better. But no, everyone just plays conquest endlessly and moans because they can't troll the good players like they still do with procon in previous BF titles.
  • InSaNeOldGuy
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I am making my stand. I am not pre-ordering the game. I am not purchasing premium. I will not buy the game at launch. If enough of us, do not buy the game then and maybe then will EA allow DICE to give us what we want.

No offense @ShevermiN but EA's current recipe for the RSP is about as sour as it gets. Nothing at all like it used to be. Frankly it's a joke imo; a waste of money and a complete insult to the entire gaming community, the Procon family, and all of the companies worldwide that lease game servers.

I believe EA would have us lose dedicated servers altogether, for reasons I mentioned above. "Crying in the forums" is that typical "there's nothing to see here" attack on free speech, so let's back off shall we ? Everybody should be afforded an equal voice, no matter where he or she speaks.

That said, those voices were heard loud and clear with the Battlefront debacle, where gamers stood their ground and EA admittedly lost $186 Million dollars as a result (https://wccftech.com/ea-q3-earnings-report/). Something that EA and Gamers will long remember, as that lame comment EA made stands as the most downvoted in Reddit history (https://techcrunch.com/2017/11/13/ea-response-to-battlefront-ii-complaint-is-the-most-downvoted-comment-in-reddit-history/).

@Axlerod1 has chosen one of two approaches to the future of online gaming. Stand up for what we want, or give in to what EA wants. There are no other options...

And we're certainly not alone... That r/gaming subreddit has over 17 million subscribers and is the 9th most-popular group on the site overall (http://redditmetrics.com/top). Just because we don't post here doesn't mean we're not discussing this topic elsewhere...

So... In answer to your question @ShevermiN, "What you think that's going to get you what you want ??", as a matter of fact, hell yeah. And we even have EA's assistance; their profit > customer satisfaction approach to business not only awards them the coveted, "Worst Company in America" award multiple times (over Bank of America and BP Oil), but their "player first" PR smokescreen (https://www.12up.com/posts/3721099-ea-is-pissed-that-they-were-voted-as-the-worst-company-ever) is choking every gamer to the point of nausea.

Annnnd.... New publishers are popping up like crazy, so there's strong competition that would love to steal a slice of EA's pie. PUBG easily proved that possible; EA isn't the only heavy hitter out there anymore. Even Amazon (https://www.fool.com/investing/2017/04/01/amazon-is-getting-serious-about-video-games.aspx) is moving into this arena.

Finally, and most important... Don't forget eSports (http://variety.com/2018/digital/news/esports-video-games-olympics-1202709110/), the main reason dedicated servers became popular in the first place (practice and scrims for Counter-Strike). You don't hear much about eSports stateside, but in Southeast Asia, Gaming is freaking HUGE (https://newzoo.com/insights/articles/southeast-asia-boasts-fastest-growing-esports-audience/).

We're confident that PUBG (South Korea) will soon move into eSports; Brendan keeps saying this over and over. It's the logical choice for a man who's passion for a game translates into giving customers what they want. Obviously there's additional profit in eSports, but Gamers are the reason PUBG is so popular, and Brendan hasn't forgotten.

Passion for a Game... Used to be common years ago. The main reason PUBG blew the roof of the competition is Greene's humility and gratitude; he's constantly thanking Gamers. And he's sincere about it too.

Because EA has no passion (well, other than profits) and obviously no sincerity (the Reddit downvotes), they're gonna lose this battle. As @Axlerod1 has predicted, BF 2018 won't sell anything close to BF1. Speaking for our community, I can honestly say that, even tho we all bought BF1, we are NOT planning on purchasing the next BF.
  • CrashCA
    Ditto for our community.
    ShevermiN, a question have you been watching this from before release ? Axelrod, myself and others have tried to point EA in the needed direction to no avail. Please remember the promises of "We are commited to developing in-game support for the most popular plugins used with previous Battlefield titles to ensure that admins have similar levels of customization" in October of 2016.