With a "new bf coming"

12346»

Comments

• Axlerod1
    1387 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited May 2018
    ShevermiN wrote: »
    Axlerod1 wrote: »
    I am making my stand. I am not pre-ordering the game. I am not purchasing premium. I will not buy the game at launch.

If after a month the plalyers stay and say it is fun and if and only if EA allows real dedicated servers (not the RSP in bf1) then and only then will I consider getting the game. EA and DICE have let to many of us down with their last few travesties they call games.

If enough of us, do not buy the game then and maybe then will EA allow DICE to give us what we want.

What you think that's going to get you what you want ??

Maybe if you had used the tools DICE did give us and maybe proved to DICE that there is a community out here then maybe they might be me proactive in supporting the RSP.

The RSP is no procon but is now fully able to work in providing a custom server that can be used for clan activities.

Crying in the forums is not going to get things changed maybe thousands of people playing custom games might of worked better. But no, everyone just plays conquest endlessly and moans because they can't troll the good players like they still do with procon in previous BF titles.

Well since you obviously have never used either procon or RSP let me educate you on what RSP doesn't do.
    If you make a custom server, most players can't find your custom server. The only reason most players play 64 player normal conquest is that is the only way to consistently get a server to show up.

That has been a huge complaint by many a server owners since launch. We have no control over the broken server browser. That is not a RSP renters fault. That is a EA / DICE fault. RSP was nothing but a band-aid to get players to buy BF1 because EA did not want RSP in BF1 in the first place. We the community even put together complete lists of what we wanted in the rsp 3 different times. each time DICE devs ask for it and we gave it to them. They gave us nothing in return. I would get your facts straight before you start accusing players of crying.

If you buy anything EA puts then you are saying to EA it is OK.
    If you don't buy what EA puts out, then EA has to explain this to the shareholders as to why no one buys their games.

That is when EA will start to listen. They listen to dollar signs.
    Post edited by Axlerod1 on
  • ShevermiN
    397 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Look guys I had just came from trying to play a round of Hardline and not picking on one of the only Hardline servers left but I was confronted with the following. Punish killed because the teammate jumped out of the boat and was run over, only played for 20 min and saw about 8 other punishes, and 15 messages in the chat box that paid VIP would immune me from punish/kick, auto balance and no waiting in queue.

Yes I have used procon and I have rented BF1 servers and I am no fan of procon, it is hardly a polished app and requires a fair amount of coding prowess to make efficient. And yes I remember the good old days when your mates would make a map during the week and it would be loaded into the server and we would play and give feedback and the games would develop and change during there life time. All this can still be done but not in the AAA gaming market. Plenty of early access games and indi games that allow anybody to keep gaming old school.

Ultimately the game should allow players to host custom games for free, as is done in Battlefront 1, Titanfall 2, and BF Incursions.

The biggest online FPS games at the moment don't have custom servers ?? Siege? auto, PUBG very limited only if you are willing to stream the game to advertise the game. Overwatch ?? whats the go there. CSGO I think is about 50/50 the only big crowd is ARMA and the collection of early access games.

I agree that the server hosting solution needs more options and more support but not using it and boycotting the game will just see it sidelined more and more.

• Axlerod1
    1387 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    and funding EA obviously doesn't do anything either. We have tried for over a year and a half and EA and DICE are done with BF1. If this is the best they can do, then I am done with EA just like I stopped buying games from activision. Most PC players don't support them.

You are right about the indie guys. Fortnight and PUBG have over 3 million pc players and have a fun game to play. It isn't my cup of tea but facts are facts. There is a huge PC community willing to pay for a good game. EA has missed the mark to many times to waste more money.

As far as RSP goes, EA doesn't want RSP. Do not expect to hear anything soon on this subject if at all. Just like I said, EA gave us a band-aid with tons of promises to make RSP great and they did not even attempt to deliver. I am not boycotting BF 2018. I am just not going to waste my money on it.

23 million people bought bf1 and there are just as many people playing it as there are bf4. That should tell EA what the PC gamers want and what they do not want. Go ahead and spend your money on BF2018. I would like to say you get what you pay for but you won't. EA doesn't know how to make a fun FPS anymore. The last 4 games are proof of that.
  • Axlerod1
    I don't know what this means exactly, but Black Ops 4 will have dedicated server support they say. I can not find a company that is taking pre-orders to rent so who knows.

https://www.pcgamer.com/call-of-duty-black-ops-4-will-be-on-battlenet-not-steam/
  • ShevermiN
    397 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Axlerod1 wrote: »
    I don't know what this means exactly, but Black Ops 4 will have dedicated server support they say. I can not find a company that is taking pre-orders to rent so who knows.

https://www.pcgamer.com/call-of-duty-black-ops-4-will-be-on-battlenet-not-steam/

Yes BLOPS has had dedicated servers since BLOPS 2 but you don't rent them they are auto servers, but unlike COD where they are hosted from your machine the BLOPS ones spin up at a data centre.

• S5_Jdge320
    95 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What's going on with this? Servers?

We're curious in my discord
  • S5_Jdge320
    95 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So a friend of mine bought me this game over the weekend. I was playing bf4 with him and he wanted to know if I had this.  

So since I guess ill be trying it out this week, I was wondering what the server situation is or browser situation. 
  • Axlerod1
    edited April 2019
    no. Nice way to resurrect an old thread though.
  • S5_Jdge320
    Lol, thanks, haven't checked in n months, figured I should lol.

So, no servers, just ea crap? Any good ea servers? I liked golmud
  • -Antares65z
    1764 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Lol, thanks, haven't checked in n months, figured I should lol.

So, no servers, just ea crap? Any good ea servers? I liked golmud
    There are plenty of active servers. Use the server browser to find them. First, reset your filters and then choose a game mode(s) and under Free Slots, choose everything accept All and Specator. You do not want to select All because that will show empty servers and will hide many of the populated one. Don't select any other filters other than your region. Being the weekend, you should find plenty of active servers.