100% CPU Usage with i5-7500

Sethspeed
8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
So before the last few patches I was able to get a solid 80fps on ultra settings at 1080p, so I know its not my CPU being bottlenecked, but now my fps is around 30-50 with 100% CPU usage and my GPU is only at 50% regardless if i'm on low or ultra...

I've tried using adding the user.cfg file with:
RenderDevice.RenderAheadLimit 2
perfoverlay.drawfps 1
gametime.maxvariablefps 65

Re-installed my drivers as well, but everything I've tried didn't change anything... Another other ideas out there??

Specs:
CPU: i5-7500 @ 3.8
GPU: GTX 1060 3GB
RAM: 8GB @ 2400 x 2

Comments

• XxCobraCommander
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Im not going to sugar coat it but you cpu cant not run this game so you can have a good experiance
  • Sethspeed
    edited February 2018
    Im not going to sugar coat it but you cpu cant not run this game so you can have a good experiance

But I had no problem getting over 60fps on ultra for the first year that this game was out?? Just trying to figure out what happened
  • oVVdaM
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    hi man, I throught this problem had only me. When I bought this game in 2016 I had 55-60 fps on ultra in multiplayer, but now, in 2017 I have 45-55-60 fps on MEDIUM or even LOW on the same PC. I trying to reunistall drivers but it not fix problem.
    If you solve the problem of low fps, tell there ok? I think it because of last updates that load my CPU
    pc spec: gtx 1050 ti + i5 6500 (3.20ghz) + 16 gb ram (x2 8gb)
  • Sethspeed
    oVVdaM wrote: »
    hi man, I throught this problem had only me. When I bought this game in 2016 I had 55-60 fps on ultra in multiplayer, but now, in 2017 I have 45-55-60 fps on MEDIUM or even LOW on the same PC. I trying to reunistall drivers but it not fix problem.
    If you solve the problem of low fps, tell there ok? I think it because of last updates that load my CPU
    pc spec: gtx 1050 ti + i5 6500 (3.20ghz) + 16 gb ram (x2 8gb)

Yea for sure mate, if i can find the solution I'll post it here
  • Sethspeed
    Just checked my friends computer and he has the i5-6500 and his runs fine at about 70-80% usage...
  • Jinko_itx
    558 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    turn gpu restricted memory on and DX 12 off, if you decide to turn on the gpu restricted memory you must restart your pc to clear the cache and to implement the change
  • Sethspeed
    Jinko_itx wrote: »
    turn gpu restricted memory on and DX 12 off, if you decide to turn on the gpu restricted memory you must restart your pc to clear the cache and to implement the change

Just tried that and it actually made it worse, dropped the fps down to 30 and cpu was still at 100%
  • Bacardiiiiiiiiii
    92 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited February 2018
    Re-check your RAM card installation. Read motherboard manual.
    Example, in youtube video, installing 2 x ram kit in blue slots (DIMM_A1 + DIMM_B1)
    (In my Asus mb it recommend install same way expect it have DIMM_A2 + DIMM_B2)

Check you have identical ram cards.

*edit
    Which motherboard model you have ?
    Which RAM card models / code you have ?
  • Hypnospex
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

why girl
  • D5RAT
    1973 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hypnospex wrote: »
    why girl

Why are you making weird random comments on loads of posts ? You bored ?
  • Jinko_itx
    558 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Sethspeed wrote: »

Just tried that and it actually made it worse, dropped the fps down to 30 and cpu was still at 100%

try removing the config file and try again
  • Sethspeed
    Re-check your RAM card installation. Read motherboard manual.
    Example, in youtube video, installing 2 x ram kit in blue slots (DIMM_A1 + DIMM_B1)
    (In my Asus mb it recommend install same way expect it have DIMM_A2 + DIMM_B2)

Check you have identical ram cards.

*edit
    Which motherboard model you have ?
    Which RAM card models / code you have ?

My motherboard is: ASUS PRIME B250-PLUS
    Ram: G.SKILL Ripjaws V 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-2400 CL15-15-15-35 1.2V 288PIN

I checked and they're in the dual channel slots
  • Sethspeed
    Sethspeed wrote: »

try removing the config file and try again

I tried it with and without he config files and it doesn't make any difference

Tho one thing I found out is if theres no one around me then it backs down to 80% but as soon as i see someone, even in the distance it jumps right back up to 100%