You were kicked by Punkbuster

Comments

• HairOffTheDog
    58 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Vic_dutchy wrote: »

Does everyone with this have an Nvidia gpu?

I do, I wondered if GeForce Experience could be a possible culprit where it optimizes your graphic settings. I know technically that shouldn't be an issue, but something strange is going on here.

• RustedRoot
    2709 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I have Geforce Experience as well if it is included with the Nvidia Drivers.
  • Vic_dutchy
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

I do, I wondered if GeForce Experience could be a possible culprit where it optimizes your graphic settings.
    No it's not that,i always install without it.
  • Kiplings_Error_3
    95 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited April 2018
    Vic sorry to see you in this bother.. I can't see your problem being the Nvidia GPU.
    Its also not Geforce Experience either as i use that daily for shadowplay.

MostKnife what about Crimson is that affected as well?

Just an idea. What about MSI Afterburner as that uses an overlay.. Now that just an idea
  • MostKnife
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Crimson is absolutely fine, different hard drive, same pc. 2 hours today(I was waiting for the kick to happen) but all o.k. Same antivirus...

Afterburner I use on a regular basis.

If I was still on the 2 minute kick I could have tried a clean install of windows, but now global ban.
  • HairOffTheDog

Just an idea. What about MSI Afterburner as that uses an overlay.. Now that just an idea

I also use Afterburner, I don't use the overlay, just use it to OC my 980ti FTW
  • scrubsbechubs
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    "spinejam" here: I have a Zotac 1080Ti and run Firestorm OC utility for the RGB color themes - that's it.
  • HairOffTheDog
    I've just submitted MSI Afterburner to EB's research department. We just need to rule out utilities like this which may be causing this ban issue.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    12619 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    I've just submitted MSI Afterburner to EB's research department. We just need to rule out utilities like this which may be causing this ban issue.

It wont be MSI Afterburner as many use it as an alternative to shadowplay.
  • Vic_dutchy
    Vic sorry to see you in this bother..
    Thanks Kiplings_Error_3,it's nice to see this reaction. :) Didn't know how you would react,saw your comment earlier and we had some fights where ,i guess,we both had sometimes the feeling of WTF.

I can't see your problem being the Nvidia GPU.
    Its also not Geforce Experience either as i use that daily for shadowplay.

MostKnife what about Crimson is that affected as well?

My ban just started after reinstalling windows,had sound problems,so in the need had to reinstall and this came of it. Didn't have any of these tools installed yet. On the old install had msi afterburner and at sometime the AMD tool,but that's the problem with me,none we're on my pc after the reinstall.

Somehow someway something is preventing punkbuster to do what it does and i think this makes this 88001 come to life.
  • Dornnn
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited April 2018
    This is a paid share from EA. Buy the game again and again.

In general, according to the idea of what the heck, I'm not allowed to play third parties, I bought the game from EA. And my game is managed by someone else's community.

I too was banned # 88001 :|
    Post edited by Dornnn on
  • Kiplings_Error_3
    95 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

My ban just started after reinstalling windows,had sound problems,so in the need had to reinstall and this came of it. Didn't have any of these tools installed yet. On the old install had msi afterburner and at sometime the AMD tool,but that's the problem with me,none we're on my pc after the reinstall.

Somehow someway something is preventing punkbuster to do what it does and i think this makes this 88001 come to life.

I don’t think that a reinstall could cause this. As I’m sure that most that have had this ban have not had to reinstall windows. Mostknife has a separate install for his other account on a second hd and that’s not effected.
    As it was a fresh install. What did you install? If you list everything then maybe there Is something common that others have installed. To whittle the culprit down.
    Anyway Vic and Mostknife I hope you get this sorted as I miss our Battles.
  • 0ld_yell0w
    406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It doesnt sound like there is a common denominator on peoples setups, what caught me was that Mostknife aka Crimson can play on one account and not the other on same machine/PC. Or did I read it wrong ?! (I do believe Mostknife aka Crimson to be clean as I've played a lot on same server).
    Same story goes for Vic_dutchy hence I also played with/against him on a lot of occasions on same server with no suspicion on foul play at all. Im not saying everybody banned by #88001 is innocent but as this thread evolved from 4 posts to this I think most is and we need EA to contact evenbalance to sort this out. I know evenbalance doesnt write on forums ;) but I guess EA mods like @LOLGotYerTags, @StarscreamUK could get their attention and perhaps some answers and push the investigation a bit ?

I hope you all get unbanned for this IMPO false positive.
  • RustedRoot
    edited April 2018

Mine happened as well right after installing Windows on a brand new system. I had issues with Microsoft C++ Redistributables. I had to install a bunch of them just to get the game going the first time on my new system. For some reason, Windows did not install them. I'm not sure if that was the cause or not, but worth looking into.

Other Possible Culprits which I have submitted to EB:
    AMD Ryzen Master Suite
    EVGA Flow Control
    GSKILL Trident Z RGB Software

Those are three main pieces of software I never had installed on my computer prior to my ban.

Also, I would like to thank the MODS for not closing this topic. I know ban discussions are not allowed on this forum, however, we have no other recourse other than appealing to a third part anti-cheat site that barely responds.

At least here we can come together to share our progress and experience in hopes that it will help others as well.
  • MostKnife
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited April 2018
    0ld_yell0w wrote: »
    It doesnt sound like there is a common denominator on peoples setups, what caught me was that Mostknife aka Crimson can play on one account and not the other on same machine/PC. Or did I read it wrong ?! (I do believe Mostknife aka Crimson to be clean as I've played a lot on same server).
    Same story goes for Vic_dutchy hence I also played with/against him on a lot of occasions on same server with no suspicion on foul play at all. Im not saying everybody banned by #88001 is innocent but as this thread evolved from 4 posts to this I think most is and we need EA to contact evenbalance to sort this out. I know evenbalance doesnt write on forums ;) but I guess EA mods like @LOLGotYerTags, @StarscreamUK could get their attention and perhaps some answers and push the investigation a bit ?

I hope you all get unbanned for this IMPO false positive.

Same pc, but a completely different hard drive, operating system , origin account and a separately purchased BF4. Same anti virus/firewall Zonealarm and a lot more junk on it as my Nephew uses this one. If anything, the #88001 banned account (MostKnife) was on the machine/install that has hardly anything else running/installed on it.
  • RustedRoot
    "spinejam" here: I have a Zotac 1080Ti and run Firestorm OC utility for the RGB color themes - that's it.

Same sort of scenario here as well.

GSKILL RGB control software
    Ryzen Master Suite CPU OC/Monitor Software
    EVGA Flow Control - Liquid Cooler Control/RGB software
  • Vic_dutchy
    I don’t think that a reinstall could cause this. As I’m sure that most that have had this ban have not had to reinstall windows. Mostknife has a separate install for his other account on a second hd and that’s not effected.
    Well me neither,but strangly it did occur after the reinstall. They did mention something about maybe a silent logging period,but why after the fresh install? Just coincidence?

As it was a fresh install. What did you install? If you list everything then maybe there Is something common that others have installed. To whittle the culprit down.
    A list,

Mozilla firefox
    mozilla thunderbird
    sumatra pdf
    libre office
    revo uninstaller
    avast free
    MBAM
    teamspeak
    origin
    BF4
    vlc mediaplayer
    img burn
    peazip

think these are what i installed.

Anyway Vic and Mostknife I hope you get this sorted as I miss our Battles.
    Thanks man,good to have some support. Mis the metro battles as well.
  • StarscreamUK
    7253 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    You can exclude ryzen master.
    been installed since it launched here.
  • scrubsbechubs
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    My appeal has been denied by EB. Re-appealing now, ...still no feedback from them - just that they "logged activity over time" and I have been found guilty of "GameHack 88001" What to do???
  • AR-Fechees
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    My appeal has been denied by EB. Re-appealing now, ...still no feedback from them - just that they "logged activity over time" and I have been found guilty of "GameHack 88001" What to do???

they answered me in the same way and with the same answer as others, it is an automatic response or they take the time to see the subject ..
This discussion has been closed.