You were kicked by Punkbuster

Comments

• AR-Fechees
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    RustedRoot wrote: »
    Vic_dutchy wrote: »
    My ban just started after reinstalling windows,had sound problems,so in the need had to reinstall and this came of it. Didn't have any of these tools installed yet. On the old install had msi afterburner and at sometime the AMD tool,but that's the problem with me,none we're on my pc after the reinstall.

Mine happened as well right after installing Windows on a brand new system. I had issues with Microsoft C++ Redistributables. I had to install a bunch of them just to get the game going the first time on my new system. For some reason, Windows did not install them. I'm not sure if that was the cause or not, but worth looking into.

Other Possible Culprits which I have submitted to EB:
    AMD Ryzen Master Suite
    EVGA Flow Control
    GSKILL Trident Z RGB Software

Those are three main pieces of software I never had installed on my computer prior to my ban.

Also, I would like to thank the MODS for not closing this topic. I know ban discussions are not allowed on this forum, however, we have no other recourse other than appealing to a third part anti-cheat site that barely responds.

At least here we can come together to share our progress and experience in hopes that it will help others as well.

me also those days before install the software for my ram triden z rgb and gforce experience
  • HairOffTheDog
    58 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited April 2018
    What version of windows is everyone (with 88001 Ban) running, and if Windows 10, what version or build? To get your build in Windows 10, type ABOUT, and you'll see About this PC as a result, click it and it should be on that page, usually on bottom. I'm 1709 aka 16299.309, and if we are running the same or similar versions, I'll look into all the patches/updates/hotfixes that have been released, and see if anything there lends a clue. Maybe something was interfering with PB "phoning home" so to speak
  • MostKnife
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited April 2018
    Version 1709 build 16299.334 installed on the 24th March. I'm sure I have played after that, but if there was a delay?
  • RustedRoot
    2709 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited April 2018
    Version 1709 build 16299.309 here

easier way to find out - press Windows key, type winver, hit enter.
  • scrubsbechubs
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    MostKnife wrote: »
    Version 1709 build 16299.334 installed on the 24th March. I'm sure I have played after that, but if there was a delay?

"spinejam" Same here: Windows 10 Enterprise 1709 build 16299.334
  • RustedRoot
    ^ I believe that is the insiders edition.
  • AR-Fechees
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    This way too
    version 1709 (compilation of SO 16299.309)
  • Kiplings_Error_3
    95 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited April 2018

Just a question what would a windows 10 build have to do with this issue.. I am using build 16299.334 and have not suffer with this. So forgive the pun "but i think your barking up the wrong tree" with this route. Also most that are using Windows 10 more than likely all have the same build, because of the auto updates.
    What version of windows is everyone (with 88001 Ban) running, and if Windows 10, what version or build? To get your build in Windows 10, type ABOUT, and you'll see About this PC as a result, click it and it should be on that page, usually on bottom. I'm 1709 aka 16299.309, and if we are running the same or similar versions, I'll look into all the patches/updates/hotfixes that have been released, and see if anything there lends a clue. Maybe something was interfering with PB "phoning home" so to speak
    Easier way. right click the start button chose run, the type "Winver"
    As i said above don't think that it is to do with a windows build or update.. Because there would be a lot more of these bans than there are.
    As the reason is (GAMEHACK) is there some sort of overlay running. Monitoring software etc. Red dot center screen marker??
    What about firewall setting. Have somehow the rules for Punkbuster changed??
  • StarscreamUK
    7244 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    I dont have the ban, but my windows is v1709 16299.309
    I have origin overlays on, steam overlays on, discord overlays, ryzen master suite, voicemeter, slack, skype, directory opus, express vpn, dashlane, uplay, aura led controller
  • YAMUMISAHOE
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    have same code ban 88001 also running win 10 ver 1709 (16299.309) i have steam overlay origin overlay uplay overlay ad gforce xperience overlay and ts3
  • Vic_dutchy
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited April 2018

As the reason is (GAMEHACK) is there some sort of overlay running. Monitoring software etc. Red dot center screen marker??
    Also don't think it's windows version,other than maybe the updates that came because of the Intel cpu hack possibility,but even doubt that.
    I do have an Asus monitor that can do this (i think),but don't use it.
    Only thing i enabled ingame was the fps counter in Origin,but doubt that it would give problems.

What about firewall setting. Have somehow the rules for Punkbuster changed??
    Somehow think it has something to do with this. That punkbuster has security issues with settings in windows or maybe even antivirus software.Maybe result of the updates that came because of the Intel cpu hack that was possible.Again you'd think this would affect all playing the game.

• MostKnife
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Another test done:- Fresh install of windows with new Origin account and trial of BF4 running. Install very light, but I do put Nvidia experience on. No problems what so ever.

Go back to hard drive with banned MostKnife on and use Origin under the trial account. No problems what so ever. I use Nvidia experience/shadow play and have afterburner running.

I'm all out of tries .... RIP MostKnife ...No one will have to watch their backs on Metro anymore :(

What I don't understand is why did pb give us/me a 2 minute ban only at first as if it was a chance to correct/ turn something off.
  • RustedRoot
    edited April 2018
    ^ Since they (EB/PB) said they did "silent logging" like they do all the time, hurr durr, I wonder if it is something from the far past. I reformat my computer at least once a year. Old habit. I reinstall everything and away I go. My old PC still has everything fresh with the banned Origin account with an OS that has been installed for about a year I think (I'll have to check).

I'm starting to wonder if something on the other PC is what was actually logged and triggered this ban. It's been my main computer for the last 5 years. hmmmmm
  • autobotguy
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I got the 88001 and I'm on Windows 7 Pro Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601. Putting off Windows 10 until its absolutely 100% necessary.
  • Vic_dutchy
    RustedRoot wrote: »
    ^ Since they (EB/PB) said they did "silent logging" like they do all the time, hurr durr, I wonder if it is something from the far past. I reformat my computer at least once a year. Old habit. I reinstall everything and away I go. My old PC still has everything fresh with the banned Origin account with an OS that has been installed for about a year I think (I'll have to check).

I'm starting to wonder if something on the other PC is what was actually logged and triggered this ban. It's been my main computer for the last 5 years. hmmmmm
    I use different pc's as well,not for the need,but a guy has to have a hobby. I did use the older pc a few times since i was having those sound problems which forced me to do that reinstall of windows. Maybe PB get's confused? :D
  • RustedRoot
    ^ Yeah, I'm starting to think it was something on my other PC. It still has everything installed on it. I'm waiting to hear back from EB before I proceed with anymore testing.
  • Vic_dutchy
    edited April 2018
    Found "Overwolf" on that pc,no clue how that got there,only found this in the register when looking for battlefield related stuff. Could this be something that triggers this?
    Removed this from the register and teamspeak doesn't work anymore? Are those the same?
    Post edited by Vic_dutchy on
  • scrubsbechubs
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    "spinejam" here: So apparently, my BF4 account is "linked" to something and that's why I was banned. How does that happen? And more importantly, how do I "unlink" it and get my game back?
  • StarscreamUK
    7244 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Vic_dutchy wrote: »
    Found "Overwolf" on that pc,no clue how that got there,only found this in the register when looking for battlefield related stuff. Could this be something that triggers this?
    Removed this from the register and teamspeak doesn't work anymore? Are those the same?

overwolf is a teamspeak overlay, it displays on screen who is talking. I've used it many times
  • Vic_dutchy
    edited April 2018

overwolf is a teamspeak overlay, it displays on screen who is talking. I've used it many times
    Asked because when i googled it i came across these ,
    Google
    which in some threads suggest that "Overwolf" could trigger punkbuster.
This discussion has been closed.