You were kicked by Punkbuster

Comments

• BurtTheBlueberry
    373 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Over wolf does have a function that puts a crosshair on screen in the middle of the monitor allegedly. I’ve heard sweetfx has the same functionality though I’ve never tried it with either. I’d be curious if those trigger it
  • 0ld_yell0w
    414 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited April 2018
    Over wolf does have a function that puts a crosshair on screen in the middle of the monitor allegedly. I’ve heard sweetfx has the same functionality though I’ve never tried it with either. I’d be curious if those trigger it

I can't comment on the Overwolf hence I dont use it, but its true that you can use a fixed crosshair in sweetfx, that said its an addition you would have to set up manually thus initialize it manually also in the ini file. So I doubt it would be triggered by mistake.

EDIT:

The crosshair function is a fixed position, its not moveable unless you change it to another fixed postion in the ini file which obviously can't be done while playing ;) so as a cheat function I doubt it has any value.
  • Thealexey921
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited April 2018
    Hi, everyone.
    Lots of people have the same problem. Thousands of people were banned by PunkBuster for nothing during last 2-3 weeks. We have written to EA, then to PunkBuster service, then to EvenBalace (founder of PunkBuster). Mostly it is said to us, that nothing can be done with it.
    In Russia lots of people were banned too, but nobody is interested in it, and every company (EA, PB or EB) just say the same:
    (copied from EB reply) "The supplied GUID has been associated with hacking or interfering with the normal operation of our PunkBuster software and has therefore been compromised resulting in a global ban from PunkBuster enabled game servers. We have no way of knowing who was actually playing with this GUID at the time the violation was triggered. We also have no way to know if the violation was triggered on your specific computer. Our system does not collect personal information and furthermore we have no way to attach a cheat/hack violation to a specific person. This ban will not be lifted as then the person who did trigger the violation would again be able to join PunkBuster Servers using this GUID.

To be clear: we are not saying that you cheated as we have no way to know who triggered the violation. If it is certain that no one playing on your computer ever had a cheat/hack violation triggered by PunkBuster, then your GUID (cdkey and/or game account password) has been stolen by or leaked to someone who has used it on a different computer to trigger the violation. We do not have the means to help you find out who is responsible for compromising your GUID."

That happened, because they don't trust us, so we need more players to write to EB, PB and EA. If we cooperate, we can prove, that it is mass problem, which was done by PB.
    We need to make a list of player, which were banned for nothing, to make a new, collective trouble ticket.

I wish you understand me and we will do smth with it together.
    Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
  • SpoolaZ
    194 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    How do you know so sure that all thousands are banned for no reason?
    If we check what PBSTAFFNick says, "This violation includes a plethora of violations, covering public, private and DIY cheats." and "This was done to cause maximum confusion within the private paid cheat sites."
    It seems that EB has managed quite well with their goal this time. The rest are old excuses taken from a handbook, trying to get out of a powerful ban-wave.
  • HairOffTheDog
    58 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    SpoolaZ wrote: »
    If we check what PBSTAFFNick says, "This violation includes a plethora of violations, covering public, private and DIY cheats." and "This was done to cause maximum confusion within the private paid cheat sites."
    It seems that EB has managed quite well with their goal this time. The rest are old excuses taken from a handbook, trying to get out of a powerful ban-wave.

While I think many people with this ban probably did something to justify being banned, a few of us didn't. Obviously a silent logging period occurred, as it should, but something is triggering this ban outside of the normal cheat/modification stuff. This will take time to sort out, and I have no choice but to accept that. I really hope that truth prevails here, and those who were unfairly banned get there accounts back to good standing. I fully support anti-cheat software, but nothing works perfect, and we need to give EB time to get this sorted out. I hope it happens soon, but we need to face reality that it may be another few weeks or longer. I haven't had a reply to my EB ticket in almost a month (since 3/10) so I'm hoping that they are investigating this versus the auto reply people have been getting. This particular ban violation seems to be causing a lot of buzz this time, and I am in hope they recognized that and are taking the next steps. Time will tell
  • Thealexey921
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited April 2018
    SpoolaZ wrote: »

I have read lot's of russian forums which were made during these 2-3 weeks and i have counted 728 player, banned for nothing. These are the only, who have used forums, so we can understand, there are much more people, banned for nothing. And every day i check these forums and find more and more player with same problems.
    And that's only in Russia....if we count all player aruund the world, we can easily find thousands of them.
  • StarscreamUK
    7429 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Honestly, you cannot say that 728 players were banned for nothing. YOU do not know each one of them personally or the contents of their pc, so you can't say that.

"I was banned for nothing" - says every cheater caught ever

You cannot easily find thousands of them, just looking at a ban list doesnt prove anything, I looked at found 98 bans listed between now and the beginning of the year for this code.

you claim thousands but you cant provide a source nor proof they are all banned for nothing.
  • scrubsbechubs
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    "spinejam" here: I hate all cheats just like the rest of us. Been gaming for decades, UT series, Quake series, Frontlines, BF1942, BF2, BF3, BF2142, BF4...and I have never had a situation like this happen to me. What is a "linked account"? How does one get "linked" by just playing the game and not installing anything but Origin updates / game updates and driver updates? I have two gaming PC's both of which have their own separate BF4 Premium accounts. Is that what they are referring to? Did someone steal my identity and screw my account? Lots of questions but no answers from anyone - very frustrating situation.
  • Vic_dutchy
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited April 2018
    Said this in another thread as well,but i looked through some things and what struck me was that i have two instances of PB in my systems,do all have that?
    https://imgur.com/QlRML7t
    one in between the BF4 game files and one in the redist file.
    see some when looking into this who don't have the copy in the BF4 files.

Edit:

it isn't this,took the gamble and reïnstalled with fresh account,can play normally. Also says that there's nothing on my pc which should make this happen.
    Post edited by Vic_dutchy on
  • Dornnn
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited April 2018
    Honestly, you cannot say that 728 players were banned for nothing. YOU do not know each one of them personally or the contents of their pc, so you can't say that.

"I was banned for nothing" - says every cheater caught ever

You cannot easily find thousands of them, just looking at a ban list doesnt prove anything, I looked at found 98 bans listed between now and the beginning of the year for this code.

you claim thousands but you cant provide a source nor proof they are all banned for nothing.

And often on your memory, cheaters from different countries unite with the same problem?

Since this happened, I want the opposite, so that you and many other players fall into this prohibition. I think that a critical mass is needed here, so that attention is paid to the problem.

But yes, one can not exclude that someone got it right. The problem is that the answers are very vague. Now you can not be sure that by buying a new game it will not be blocked without a reason again.
  • sepsi0
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited April 2018
    Dear StarscreamUK!

Please look at my wife's account. True she have been banned from Battlefield 3 by Punkbaster. She has 2000 hours in the game and never cheated!
    Megi025 http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/user/Megi025/
    GUID 618B5BAF265CE17A1D56558F4E979BFB
    Violation (GAMEHACK) # 88002

I have already told European Consumer Centre.
    I will not let this happen!
    Thanks!
  • StarscreamUK
    7429 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited April 2018
    Nothing I can do. Nor the ECC because she can technically still play but in servers without punkbuster enabled. No I'm not poking fun, just stating facts.
  • Kanmanhei
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited April 2018
    sepsi0 wrote: »
    Dear StarscreamUK!

Please look at my wife's account. True she have been banned from Battlefield 3 by Punkbaster. She has 2000 hours in the game and never cheated!
    Megi025 http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/user/Megi025/
    GUID 618B5BAF265CE17A1D56558F4E979BFB
    Violation (GAMEHACK) # 88002

I have already told European Consumer Centre.
    I will not let this happen!
    Thanks!

Got the same situation.

PB is a piece of ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ software, never dective the real hacker.

vaegdfy9osq01.jpg

• StarscreamUK
    Stop with the profanity.

Typically we lock down threads discussing bans. I've purposefully left this one live because I personally suspect there are some bystanders caught in this. But if you continue down the road of violations it will leave me with no choice.
  • RustedRoot
    2709 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Thanks StarscreamUK.
  • HairOffTheDog
    58 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    You mods have been very understanding with this post, and many of us have learned a whole lot about the process, and as a community worked toward troubleshooting possible causes. Stuff like this can be hard to troubleshoot alone, so having a post like this has helped exponentially. Ty
  • RustedRoot
    2709 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I've learned more than I ever wanted to know about this stuff...lol
  • StarscreamUK
    I've been down this road before sadly
  • scrubsbechubs
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Thanks StarscreamUK, ...appreciate your patience with us! :)
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13843 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    As above, Usually we have a zero tolerance approach in regards to ban discussions.

So much so that I am considering directing users to this thread rather than having multiple threads on the issue.
This discussion has been closed.