You were kicked by Punkbuster

Comments

• Frogtooth
    576 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited April 2018
    A couple corrections...
    OFFICIAL - All of the same game type and all ONLY using the Normal preset.
    The choices here are "normal", "hardcore", "infantry only", "custom", "classic", and "new players only". Far as I know you can have an official server running any of these, though you are very limited in how out-of-kilter you can make things in official when doing "custom". I see examples of all of these running right now except "new players".
    Even punkbuster globally banned player can enter the official server.
    My understanding is that if you have a Global PB GUID ban you cannot play on any Punkbuster-protected servers at all, including official. But these bans are rare. Most are just the ban codes like 88001. With those, you can still play all you want on official servers as long as PB doesn't detect the cheat while you are in that game.
  • StarscreamUK
    7494 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Sorry greeny, but they are right. Official mode = no kicks (I think fairfight still can though)
  • Frogtooth
    576 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited April 2018
    So I just checked the events logs of an official server. Yeah, Punkbuster still kicks globally banned players.

"Playerlist 04/18/2018 11:57:24 PlayerDisconnected Bxxxxxxxxxx1 disconnected from the server (reason: PunkBuster permanent ban issued on this Game Server for player 'Bxxxxxxxxxx1 ' ... GLOBAL PunkBuster GUID BAN a28cff84)"

(I've logged 192 such kicks this month alone, plus 209 kicks when PB found an active cheat while the person was playing on the server.)
  • Kiplings_Error_3
    95 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
  • StarscreamUK
    7494 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Interesting, I wonder when it changed, my server couldn't. (It no longer runs now so cannot check)
  • Frogtooth
    edited April 2018
    You keep posting this like it's important. Could you tell us why you think it's so interesting?
  • Kiplings_Error_3
    95 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Frogtooth wrote: »
    You keep posting this like it's important. Could you tell us why you think it's so interesting?

i posted that as a pointer as to where that information came from.. is that a problem
  • Frogtooth
    i posted that as a pointer as to where that information came from.. is that a problem
    No, but the information is still inaccurate whether it's posted there or reposted here. I think relatively few people have really figured out how the anti-cheat stuff actually works, though a lot of people think they know (and are typically about 80% correct). I can actually look at my official server logs and see PB kicking players for global GUID bans.
  • StarscreamUK
    The log shows the kick but did it actually kick. What used to happen on mine at least was punkbuster announced the kick and the player remained on the server
  • Frogtooth
    edited April 2018
    The log shows the kick but did it actually kick. What used to happen on mine at least was punkbuster announced the kick and the player remained on the server
    Yep. I did check that. :) Another example:
    Playerlist 04/10/2018 11:46:20 PlayerJoin rxxxxxxxx1 joined the server
    Playerlist 04/10/2018 11:51:38 PlayerSwitchedSquads rxxxxxxxx1 swapped from squad None to Charlie
    Playerlist 04/10/2018 11:51:38 PlayerSwitchedTeams rxxxxxxxx1 switched from Neutral to Russian Army
    Playerlist 04/10/2018 11:51:42 PlayerDisconnected rxxxxxxxx1 disconnected from the server (reason: PunkBuster permanent ban issued on this Game Server for player 'rxxxxxxxx1' ... GLOBAL PunkBuster GUID BAN 000455d0)
    Playerlist 04/10/2018 11:51:42 PlayerLeave rxxxxxxxx1 left the server
    When you see "PlayerLeave" they really did leave. And he didn't kill anyone or get killed during his visit. Though sometimes it takes a few seconds for PB to do its thing, so I've seen a couple example where an incoming Global GUID ban player manages a couple kills before he's /kicked.
  • Frogtooth
    Growl. It ate my previous reply. Yes, it really is kicking the players. Another example where the guy tried three times in a day to get on:

# grep DxxxxxxxG 20180422_events.log
    Playerlist 04/22/2018 03:45:15 PlayerJoin DxxxxxxxG joined the server
    Playerlist 04/22/2018 03:47:26 PlayerSwitchedSquads DxxxxxxxG swapped from squad None to Echo
    Playerlist 04/22/2018 03:47:26 PlayerSwitchedTeams DxxxxxxxG switched from Neutral to US Army
    Playerlist 04/22/2018 03:47:29 PlayerDisconnected DxxxxxxxG disconnected from the server (reason: PunkBuster permanent ban issued on this Game Server for player 'DxxxxxxxG' ... GLOBAL PunkBuster GUID BAN 73c9f96d)
    Playerlist 04/22/2018 03:47:29 PlayerLeave DxxxxxxxG left the server
    Playerlist 04/22/2018 03:47:58 PlayerJoin DxxxxxxxG joined the server
    Playerlist 04/22/2018 03:48:11 PlayerSwitchedSquads DxxxxxxxG swapped from squad None to Echo
    Playerlist 04/22/2018 03:48:11 PlayerSwitchedTeams DxxxxxxxG switched from Neutral to US Army
    Playerlist 04/22/2018 03:48:14 PlayerDisconnected DxxxxxxxG disconnected from the server (reason: PunkBuster permanent ban issued on this Game Server for player 'DxxxxxxxG' ... GLOBAL PunkBuster GUID BAN 73c9f96d)
    Playerlist 04/22/2018 03:48:14 PlayerLeave DxxxxxxxG left the server
    Playerlist 04/22/2018 03:51:01 PlayerJoin DxxxxxxxG joined the server
    Playerlist 04/22/2018 03:51:19 PlayerDisconnected DxxxxxxxG disconnected from the server (reason: PunkBuster permanent ban issued on this Game Server for player 'DxxxxxxxG' ... GLOBAL PunkBuster GUID BAN 73c9f96d)
    Playerlist 04/22/2018 03:51:19 PlayerLeave DxxxxxxxG left the server
  • DIRTYGreeny
    676 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    edited April 2018
    If global bans were not effective on official servers then they wouldn't be called global bans. I should imagine if global bans were not enforced on official servers at one point then it was a bug that needed to be fixed. Punkbuster is an official anticheat so why wouldn't it be enforced on all servers that include global stats i.e ranked and official.
    Third party anticheat even if it uses the punkbuster software isn't official so to speak as it is community driven and the method of kicking is the same as an admin kicking a player locally (using punkbuster commands), after all an admin decides if he/she wants to stream to third party anticheat whereas servers have to have punkbuster enabled to run global stats i.e official and ranked.

I can see where the confusion is because admins can kick and ban using punkbuster on ranked servers but I assume its because its client side commands and those client side commands don't work on official servers however if it comes directly from EB (lets call it the developers side), they can enforce bans on them.

I can remember when the game first came out, ok admins couldn't kick using the regular method but if they used punkbuster to kick or ban on official servers they could. It was a work around that was later patched in order to get in line with the official mode policy.

If punkbuster was completely ineffective on official servers then why would punkbuster be enabled on them?
  • Frogtooth
    The real question is why are the normal Punkbuster bans not permanent?
  • StarscreamUK
    A global ban is the only ban punkbuster do iirc the rest are just violation kicks, they are only turned into bans by third parties
  • Frogtooth
    edited April 2018
    Allow me to rephrase... The real question is why are the normal Punkbuster kicks not permanent bans? Just treat 'em exactly like PBBans and GGC and ACI and BF4DB treat 'em.
  • BurtTheBlueberry
    373 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I don't think punkbuster was ever intended to be a method of permanently denying a player access to a game. It was only to stop players from using programs they considered to be cheat software by kicking them out until they disabled the offending software. Fairfight was supposed to be the anticheat that removed game access from players but the gametime abusers are skirting around that by means of altering their loadouts. If DICE would patch the servers with the loadout checker that I know they have the code for then they could make fairfight useful again and patch the crashing all at the same time
  • DIRTYGreeny
    676 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    Frogtooth wrote: »
    Allow me to rephrase... The real question is why are the normal Punkbuster kicks not permanent bans? Just treat 'em exactly like PBBans and GGC and ACI and BF4DB treat 'em.

I think that's exactly the point, to give community driven anticheat a shot. I'm just guessing here cause I don't actually know that.
  • scrubsbechubs
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    From Alex:

"We do not find this violation to be triggered in error, and it will not be removed.

The supplied GUID has been associated with hacking or interfering with the normal operation of our PunkBuster software and has therefore been compromised resulting in a global ban from PunkBuster enabled game servers. We have no way of knowing who was actually playing with this GUID at the time the violation was triggered. We also have no way to know if the violation was triggered on your specific computer. Our system does not collect personal information and furthermore we have no way to attach a cheat/hack violation to a specific person. This ban will not be lifted as then the person who did trigger the violation would again be able to join PunkBuster Servers using this GUID.

To be clear: we are not saying that you cheated as we have no way to know who triggered the violation. If it is certain that no one playing on your computer ever had a cheat/hack violation triggered by PunkBuster, then your GUID (cdkey and/or game account password) has been stolen by or leaked to someone who has used it on a different computer to trigger the violation. We do not have the means to help you find out who is responsible for compromising your GUID."

*** Oh well, ...good luck to the rest of you dealing with this BS! Two bans for me in two weeks on two different computers is just TOO MUCH! 25+ year veteran of the BF series is hereby retiring! ***
  • ul1sses
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    From Alex:

"We do not find this violation to be triggered in error, and it will not be removed.

The supplied GUID has been associated with hacking or interfering with the normal operation of our PunkBuster software and has therefore been compromised resulting in a global ban from PunkBuster enabled game servers. We have no way of knowing who was actually playing with this GUID at the time the violation was triggered. We also have no way to know if the violation was triggered on your specific computer. Our system does not collect personal information and furthermore we have no way to attach a cheat/hack violation to a specific person. This ban will not be lifted as then the person who did trigger the violation would again be able to join PunkBuster Servers using this GUID.

To be clear: we are not saying that you cheated as we have no way to know who triggered the violation. If it is certain that no one playing on your computer ever had a cheat/hack violation triggered by PunkBuster, then your GUID (cdkey and/or game account password) has been stolen by or leaked to someone who has used it on a different computer to trigger the violation. We do not have the means to help you find out who is responsible for compromising your GUID."

*** Oh well, ...good luck to the rest of you dealing with this BS! Two bans for me in two weeks on two different computers is just TOO MUCH! 25+ year veteran of the BF series is hereby retiring! ***

When they occurred? The bans...
  • RustedRoot
    2709 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    From Alex:

Pure BS. Sorry to hear that. I'm pretty much in the same boat and am not holding any hope.
This discussion has been closed.