You were kicked by Punkbuster

Comments

• scrubsbechubs
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    ul1sses wrote: »
    From Alex:

"We do not find this violation to be triggered in error, and it will not be removed.

The supplied GUID has been associated with hacking or interfering with the normal operation of our PunkBuster software and has therefore been compromised resulting in a global ban from PunkBuster enabled game servers. We have no way of knowing who was actually playing with this GUID at the time the violation was triggered. We also have no way to know if the violation was triggered on your specific computer. Our system does not collect personal information and furthermore we have no way to attach a cheat/hack violation to a specific person. This ban will not be lifted as then the person who did trigger the violation would again be able to join PunkBuster Servers using this GUID.

To be clear: we are not saying that you cheated as we have no way to know who triggered the violation. If it is certain that no one playing on your computer ever had a cheat/hack violation triggered by PunkBuster, then your GUID (cdkey and/or game account password) has been stolen by or leaked to someone who has used it on a different computer to trigger the violation. We do not have the means to help you find out who is responsible for compromising your GUID."

*** Oh well, ...good luck to the rest of you dealing with this BS! Two bans for me in two weeks on two different computers is just TOO MUCH! 25+ year veteran of the BF series is hereby retiring! ***

When they occurred? The bans...

March 26, 2018 "spinejam" account.
    April 15, 2018 "XrbeX" account ---> ...and this was on a new computer that I built w/ fresh installs!

• StarscreamUK
    7522 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    if it's fresh installs, and that account was never used ANYWHERE on ANY other computer, then what software did you install and were they all legitimate (be honest because if you used a crack than it's better to say rather than waste time looking down false avenues)
  • Kiplings_Error_3
    95 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    if it's fresh installs, and that account was never used ANYWHERE on ANY other computer, then what software did you install and were they all legitimate (be honest because if you used a crack than it's better to say rather than waste time looking down false avenues)

This is a good idea.. A fresh windows install and new account banned so then there is something that you have installed that has triggered this..
  • RustedRoot
    2709 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    From Alex:

"We do not find this violation to be triggered in error, and it will not be removed.

The supplied GUID has been associated with hacking or interfering with the normal operation of our PunkBuster software and has therefore been compromised resulting in a global ban from PunkBuster enabled game servers. We have no way of knowing who was actually playing with this GUID at the time the violation was triggered. We also have no way to know if the violation was triggered on your specific computer. Our system does not collect personal information and furthermore we have no way to attach a cheat/hack violation to a specific person. This ban will not be lifted as then the person who did trigger the violation would again be able to join PunkBuster Servers using this GUID.

To be clear: we are not saying that you cheated as we have no way to know who triggered the violation. If it is certain that no one playing on your computer ever had a cheat/hack violation triggered by PunkBuster, then your GUID (cdkey and/or game account password) has been stolen by or leaked to someone who has used it on a different computer to trigger the violation. We do not have the means to help you find out who is responsible for compromising your GUID."

*** Oh well, ...good luck to the rest of you dealing with this BS! Two bans for me in two weeks on two different computers is just TOO MUCH! 25+ year veteran of the BF series is hereby retiring! ***

April 15, 2018 "XrbeX" account ---> ...and this was on a new computer that I built w/ fresh installs!
    Did you play on any other computer other than the new one with the XrbeX account?

• DIRTYGreeny
    676 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    From Alex:

The XrbeX account is clear of a global pb ban however it is banned at bf4db for linked account.
  • scrubsbechubs
    RustedRoot wrote: »
    From Alex:

Did you play on any other computer other than the new one with the XrbeX account?

Yes, ...my old one for about a week before my new machine was up and running.
  • scrubsbechubs

All legit software: VLK for Win10 Enterprise - had the BF4 in my "XrbeX" account for years and purchased Premium from Amazon on April 1, 2018 for $21.39 total (ORDER # 113-3026425-3727412).
  • DIRTYGreeny
    676 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member

All legit software: VLK for Win10 Enterprise - had the BF4 in my "XrbeX" account for years and purchased Premium from Amazon on April 1, 2018 for $21.39 total (ORDER # 113-3026425-3727412).

But XrbeX is NOT globally banned by evenbalance, its not banned at pbbans, its not banned at GGC. It IS banned at bf4db.com for the link to spinejam which is globally banned. However as XrbeX is not globally banned theres no chance of it being a true positive or a false positive. XrbeX account is clean as far as direct violations go.
  • scrubsbechubs

But XrbeX is NOT globally banned by evenbalance, its not banned at pbbans, its not banned at GGC. It IS banned at bf4db.com for the link to spinejam which is globally banned. However as XrbeX is not globally banned theres no chance of it being a true positive or a false positive. XrbeX account is clean as far as direct violations go.

True, and thanks for clearing up that confusion. Bottom line is I can not remove the bf4db.com ban when it was triggered by a linking to another account that was recently banned by EB. Bf4db won't remove their ban from XrbeX unless spinejam is cleared first -- that won't happen. A "partial" ban is still a ban and it does significantly limit the available gameplay.
  • Raif71
    174 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't think punkbuster was ever intended to be a method of permanently denying a player access to a game. It was only to stop players from using programs they considered to be cheat software by kicking them out until they disabled the offending software. Fairfight was supposed to be the anticheat that removed game access from players but the gametime abusers are skirting around that by means of altering their loadouts. If DICE would patch the servers with the loadout checker that I know they have the code for then they could make fairfight useful again and patch the crashing all at the same time

Punkbuster was always designed to catch hacks and then ban the offender from the game, whether or not the "offending program" was removed. Contention being that cheating was not wanted nor allowed. If you rob a bank , go to jail, serve your time, get out, you are still a convicted felon and have restrictions in life, regardless of where you might be now.

AS to punkbuster use on various servers... (Official, Ranked, Private etc)
    Keep in mind, private servers by their very nature can set the rules ... Yes, they are supposed to follow the TOS but when it comes to banning an individual, they have options as to how that can be accomplished, and where the resulting ban will take effect.

Some servers, do a complete punkbuster ban - which goes to EA/Dics ( so I've been told)
    Some do a Fairfight ban which only effects the gameplay thru the 24/7 Fairfight for THAT server, not necessarily all servers
    Some just kick or do a temp ban for a specific amount of time.
    I have also seen Temp bans on punkbuster, usually the individual needs to update their Punkbuster.

When Metabans was active, bans were shared by admin and if you were on a server that "cross banned" then the bans would be honored. This by the way, was a great method, because it provided some balance against "rage happy" admin. so if you saw a ban by "so and so" for "being a jerk" then you knew that you had options as to whether or not you upheld that ban on your server.

Fairfight is still useful as long as people honor the bans on it and cross ban on their servers. When you see someone "suspected cheating" on Fairfight, if you don't ban then you are guilty of enabling the hacks to continue.

Hope that clarifys some....
  • StarscreamUK
    7522 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator

Even though the new account is not globally banned (yet), this sets alarm bells ringing to me.

You had a pc that an account was banned on for using cheats, and then went ahead and used a brand new account on the exact same PC for a week?

That's like getting gored by a bull and then wearing red with a sign saying please gore me and poking the next bull you see in the face with it.

• BurtTheBlueberry
    373 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2018
    Raif71 wrote: »
    I don't think punkbuster was ever intended to be a method of permanently denying a player access to a game. It was only to stop players from using programs they considered to be cheat software by kicking them out until they disabled the offending software. Fairfight was supposed to be the anticheat that removed game access from players but the gametime abusers are skirting around that by means of altering their loadouts. If DICE would patch the servers with the loadout checker that I know they have the code for then they could make fairfight useful again and patch the crashing all at the same time

Punkbuster was always designed to catch hacks and then ban the offender from the game, whether or not the "offending program" was removed. Contention being that cheating was not wanted nor allowed. If you rob a bank , go to jail, serve your time, get out, you are still a convicted felon and have restrictions in life, regardless of where you might be now.

AS to punkbuster use on various servers... (Official, Ranked, Private etc)
    Keep in mind, private servers by their very nature can set the rules ... Yes, they are supposed to follow the TOS but when it comes to banning an individual, they have options as to how that can be accomplished, and where the resulting ban will take effect.

Some servers, do a complete punkbuster ban - which goes to EA/Dics ( so I've been told)
    Some do a Fairfight ban which only effects the gameplay thru the 24/7 Fairfight for THAT server, not necessarily all servers
    Some just kick or do a temp ban for a specific amount of time.
    I have also seen Temp bans on punkbuster, usually the individual needs to update their Punkbuster.

When Metabans was active, bans were shared by admin and if you were on a server that "cross banned" then the bans would be honored. This by the way, was a great method, because it provided some balance against "rage happy" admin. so if you saw a ban by "so and so" for "being a jerk" then you knew that you had options as to whether or not you upheld that ban on your server.

Fairfight is still useful as long as people honor the bans on it and cross ban on their servers. When you see someone "suspected cheating" on Fairfight, if you don't ban then you are guilty of enabling the hacks to continue.

Hope that clarifys some....

Aside from a global pb guid ban, punkbuster does not permanently stop a player from playing. It only kicks players for violations from the server but they can rejoin the server. Because of the lack of permanent ban, sites like pbbans, ggc, aci, bf4db exist to enforce the violations as permanent bans. So punkbuster is not a means to permanently ban players. The only AC in Battlefield games that has the capability to enforce a timed or permanent ban from the game is fairfight

Edit: You are confusing 247fairplay which is a 3rd part stat site with FairFight which is the server side anti cheat service used by EA in bf4 and in bf1. There are no single server FairFight bans. Fairfight can kick a player out if the player reaches a certain part of the map which is considered out of bounds but it is otherwise a timed suspension or a permanent suspension depending on the severity of the offense or being a repeat offender
    Post edited by BurtTheBlueberry on
  • Raif71
    174 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Interesting Burt,
    "Aside from a global pb guid ban, punkbuster does not permanently stop a player from playing. It only kicks players for violations from the server but they can rejoin the server. Because of the lack of permanent ban, sites like pbbans, ggc, aci, bf4db exist to enforce the violations as permanent bans. "

I have always been told ( for years) that Punkbuster was a permanant ban.... interesting that is not so...

do you know what happened to pbscreens?
    I have used aci and ggc, when ever I used bf4db, I found they called "good" ones who actually had fairfight bans... wasn't aware that they had moved into the realm of anti cheat ....

Anybody know if we will see iStats or pbscreens again?? good tools ...
  • BurtTheBlueberry
    373 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2018
    Pb screens just happened to go offline. It was another third party tool that would host pb screenshots which are usually saved on the server ordinarily but people would connect their server to pbscreens and share screenshots to catch cheaters. One of the Bf4db staff is a former ACI staff member who dealt with the pbscreenshots side of ACI.

As far as the “good” tag on Bf4db, that just means the player hasn’t been reported yet and there’s no automated system in place to check for a ff stat reset. The “good” tag is going to go away shortly because it’s caused confusion with people assuming a person has been cleared by bf4db when in reality they just haven’t been reported
  • StarscreamUK
    Raif71 wrote: »
    Interesting Burt,
    I have always been told ( for years) that Punkbuster was a permanant ban.... interesting that is not so...

A global guid ban from punkbuster is permanent.
  • scrubsbechubs

Even though the new account is not globally banned (yet), this sets alarm bells ringing to me.

You had a pc that an account was banned on for using cheats, and then went ahead and used a brand new account on the exact same PC for a week?

That's like getting gored by a bull and then wearing red with a sign saying please gore me and poking the next bull you see in the face with it.

I honestly thought my ban was some technical glitch, ...and to the uninformed like myself, it shouldn't surprise you. Had I known this "linking" crap existed prior to this happening, I wouldn't have done it! I bet 80% or more of the BF4 players are unaware of this potential issue. ...especially how Steam and UPlay allow one to play on different computers so long as it's not simultaneous. UPlay even asks you to "Link" your account to Google / FaceBook so, in the end, that's all I can say. "Crucify The Ignorant" should be the new slogan for them - seems appropriate to me! :)
  • StarscreamUK
    I'm not talking about linking, thats only bf4db servers. What Im saying is that something on your old pc caused your account to be banned for cheating, so you used a new account on the same PC without checking it out first?

I've never been banned, but I can state with certainty If I did, I wouldnt just buy a new account and play on the same setup.
  • Vic_dutchy
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited April 2018
    Old pc or new pc doesn't make a difference,BF4DB ban on IPadres,my second account got linked and banned on their servers as well.I'm also still pissed by that,for them it's like steal a car and go to prison for life.
    My appeal got closed as well for reason of inactivity.Punbuster can wait for how long they want,but after 10 days your appeal just get's closed.
    I'm still not sure what this ban made happen,but think that somehow on my newly installed pc Punkbuster was having problems doing what it should be doing,somehow limited by firewall or else,which lead to the ban.
  • StarscreamUK
    your second account if linked is only banned on bf4db servers.
  • Vic_dutchy
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm well aware of that,it's just that i don't know why my first account got banned other than the "Gamehack 88001" story,but have my second one banned on their servers just for it being a linked account seems ridiculous. I know i just have to live with that,but still pisses me off,like i imagine it does scrubsbechubs.
    Anyway it doesn't help with finding the problem that made this happen,so i will shut up about it.
    Think i did give what programs i installed with the fresh install i did earlier,maybe some one can crosscheck and see if they have anything the same,but imo it's a Punkbuster problem where it "feels" restricted and starts banning eventually.
This discussion has been closed.