You were kicked by Punkbuster

Comments

• Sonomak
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Same thing just happened to me. Joined a game and within a minute was kicked and then found myself on PBBans. I tried to join other servers and got another error message stating;
    Game disconnected: you were kicked by PunkBuster. Stated reason: PunkBuster kicked player 'Sonomak' (for 1 minute) ... Cheater banned by GGC-Stream.NET. Ban on GUID 71a4b5d0ea3ff7ef1067580a2bd78978. Contact GGC-Stream.NET for details. [Admin Decision]"
    No idea who GGC are but they also have a section where you can appeal but like PBBans, require a response from EvenBalance. I've submitted this to my ticket with EvenBalance, I hope they respond soon.
  • thegrizz72
    148 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Tonight alone i saw 4 bans related to this as we do stream to PB.
  • Il-Scavenger-lI
    886 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    We are flooded with Gamehack 88001 violations. If you think you are banned unfairly, create a troubleticket at EB: https://www.evenbalance.com/support.php
  • bakebeantin
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    We are flooded with Gamehack 88001 violations. If you think you are banned unfairly, create a troubleticket at EB: https://www.evenbalance.com/support.php

You are not floored with 88001
  • HairOffTheDog
    58 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I created a ticket with EB on 3/5/18, just don't kn ow how long it takes to get a reply, or even IF you get a reply. I honestly thought this would have been sorted out by now, it has to be some sort of false positive. I'll just keep trying to figure out similarities between myself and others who were banned unfairly.
  • Sk1lld
    520 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I created a ticket with EB on 3/5/18, just don't kn ow how long it takes to get a reply, or even IF you get a reply. I honestly thought this would have been sorted out by now, it has to be some sort of false positive. I'll just keep trying to figure out similarities between myself and others who were banned unfairly.

It Usually takes 2 weeks for them to reply, but with the flood of bans it may take longer.
  • HairOffTheDog
    It''s concerning that a new ban wave like this wouldn't be looked at more closely, if new rules to detect cheats all of a sudden start catching a lot of people at once for the same reason, isn't there a chance it may be incorrectly classifying something? To me, it's kind of like our corporate antivirus software, a new set of definitions come out, and there are times, although pretty rare, things falsely get reported as a virus. These get reported to the software manufacturer, and they promptly release an update, problem solved. I love BF4, and while I support software to prevent cheats & hacks, being unfairly banned and having to wait days, let alone weeks, well.. sucks.
  • DIRTYGreeny
    660 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    It''s concerning that a new ban wave like this wouldn't be looked at more closely, if new rules to detect cheats all of a sudden start catching a lot of people at once for the same reason, isn't there a chance it may be incorrectly classifying something?

As explained previously, its likely there was a period of silent logging for a while before the bans were then enforced hence the sudden wave of bans in a short space of time.

• HairOffTheDog
    As explained previously, its likely there was a period of silent logging for a while before the bans were then enforced hence the sudden wave of bans in a short space of time.

Yes that was explained, I fully get the concept, but there is no cheating, or cheating software or hacked game files etc. So something else triggered this unnecessary ban.

I've been going over my software, looking at the latest installs, trying to find any potential candidates. Origin was updated on 2/27/18, Corsair Utility Engine for Keyboard (CUE) installed 2/28/18, reinstalled on 3/4/18 because my keyboard LED's went out (turned out to be a setting), CAM by NZXT for my Kraken x62 CPU AIO updated 3/5/18 and Razer Chroma SDK Core Components, a mouse update installed 3/5/18. Outside of that, a few windows 10 apps updated, the ones that come with windows 10 by default (and with every major update if you previously remove them lol).

I'm banned for game hack 88001, and I don't even know what that means. I can't find the culprit, so it's frustrating, that's all. It sounds like a hacked game file, I can show screenshots of my BF4 folders, nothing has been modified. I know people are just trying to help, and I do appreciate that, truly.
  • ThinBlueLine1980
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    This happened to me last night. Gamehack 88001. I've never hacked or cheated or anything. WTH??? Now I cant play a game that I paid good money for. I've put in a ticked with even balance but who knows how long that will take. The only thing that I can think of is that punkbuster thought my overlay for CAM for my fps was a hack. I heard overlays can trigger it. I am really pissed right now because of this. Hell, they should look at my stats. I suck. no way I'm cheating. ha. ughhhh
  • HairOffTheDog
    This happened to me last night. Gamehack 88001. I've never hacked or cheated or anything. WTH??? Now I cant play a game that I paid good money for. I've put in a ticked with even balance but who knows how long that will take. The only thing that I can think of is that punkbuster thought my overlay for CAM for my fps was a hack. I heard overlays can trigger it. I am really pissed right now because of this. Hell, they should look at my stats. I suck. no way I'm cheating. ha. ughhhh

Good theory, I too have a Cam overlay I was using. But WTH, gpu temps, cpu load and FPS is far from a hack, i hope that wouldn't do it, but that is something to look into. I'll add that to my Even Balance ticket, ty!
  • LOLGotYerTags
    12363 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Here's a little tidbit of info, Back in the old old old days, Fraps used to trigger PB bans also.
  • HairOffTheDog
    I feel absolutely sick to my stomach right now.. My EB ticket was responded to: Note #7: We do not find this violation to be triggered in error, and it will not be removed.

The supplied GUID has been associated with hacking or interfering with the normal operation of our PunkBuster software and has therefore been compromised resulting in a global ban from PunkBuster enabled game servers.

We have no way of knowing who was actually playing with this GUID at the time the violation was triggered. We also have no way to know if the violation was triggered on your specific computer. Our system does not collect personal information and furthermore we have no way to attach a cheat/hack violation to a specific person. This ban will not be lifted as then the person who did trigger the violation would again be able to join PunkBuster Servers using this GUID.

To be clear: we are not saying that you cheated as we have no way to know who triggered the violation. If it is certain that no one playing on your computer ever had a cheat/hack violation triggered by PunkBuster, then your GUID (cdkey and/or game account password) has been stolen by or leaked to someone who has used it on a different computer to trigger the violation. We do not have the means to help you find out who is responsible for compromising your GUID.

Note #8: We will investigate any credible information regarding any possible false detections. If you think you have found a specific program that causes a false detection contact our email

[email protected]

Send the file/program with a link to the programs developer/publisher page (if no file/program is included there is nothing for us to investigate), player information (GUID, playername), and the violation it falsely triggered. We can then further investigate the issue.

I'm sending info regarding the CAM overlay, because it's all I have to go on. I don't see how this can happen, and proof not be provided as to what my GUID actually did. Sad day
  • bakebeantin
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    i can tell you right now that it has nothing to do with Cam by NZXT,
  • HairOffTheDog
    i can tell you right now that it has nothing to do with Cam by NZXT,

Yeah, maybe not, just heard that overlays can cause issues sometimes, and it was one thing I did update just before getting banned. I had such high hopes this would be resolved quickly and EB would have been like, oops, our bad, proigram xxxx caused a false positive.
    I don't know what my options are now. I don't dare buy a new copy of BF4, nor do I feel I should have to, but I love that game. I don't think I can play BF3 or BF1 either (haven't dared to try as they use Punkbuster too) My system was upgraded last year, so if a GUID uses hardware as part of it, then I might be royally screwed, and ironically, I never did anything wrong. Anyone know of any options to play again, it just doesn't feel like EB will lift the ban, no matter what info I provide.

• LOLGotYerTags
    12363 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator

I had such high hopes this would be resolved quickly and EB would have been like, oops, our bad, proigram xxxx caused a false positive.

The thing with that is, EB will never ever disclose what program caused the violation as this would empower cheat developers to update a specific cheat, Not disclosing the software which triggered the violation keeps the cheat developers guessing as to what cheat is being detected.

But on the flipside, Knowing if it was legitimate software would also empower you as a consumer to remove it from your system and play without fear of any kicks or bans.

It's a catch22 I'm afraid.
  • Bananzarin
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    on Russian servers the same problems with a week ago Pb began to ban a huge number of people
  • shaunbi86
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    me too,never cheating,global bannde by even balance
  • Bananzarin
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    edited March 2018
    now also the accounts are zeroed out and does not find the server any, thanks dice (all accounts bf4,bfh,bf1)
  • HairOffTheDog
    The thing with that is, EB will never ever disclose what program caused the violation as this would empower cheat developers to update a specific cheat, Not disclosing the software which triggered the violation keeps the cheat developers guessing as to what cheat is being detected.

But on the flipside, Knowing if it was legitimate software would also empower you as a consumer to remove it from your system and play without fear of any kicks or bans.

It's a catch22 I'm afraid.

Sounds like a lost cause. I have no cheat software or hacks, no malicious software or rootkits, and it sounds like I'll never be able to play the BF series on my gaming system because I don't know what triggered this false detection. It's nothing for me to wipe and reinstall everything and buy a another copy, but without knowing what triggered it, it's just as much of a risk. And I hate having to buy another copy of BF for something I didn't even do, but it is what it is I guess.

Played most of the BF series, been a premium member for BF3 and BF4, did the EA subscription to try out BF1 and maybe some other titles at some point, but sounds like any sort of multiplayer has gone out the window. Is that what I take from all this, no more BF multiplayer, and all the money I spend on the games is just gone?
This discussion has been closed.